Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor
Arrow KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0

KraftWerks Fit Supercharger Kits
WITH UPDATED COMPONENTS!

Fit MT Base Kit
Included Items:
• Rotrex C15-60 Supercharger at 5 PSI* with KraftWerks Supercharger Insert
• Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
• KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
• KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
• KraftWerks SuperCard Engine Management Unit and MAP Stabilizer
• KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Discharge Piping
• KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
• KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
• KraftWerks 5-Rib Belt
• KraftWerks Brackets and Hardware

Fit AT Base Kit Included Items:
• Rotrex C15-16 Supercharger at 5 PSI* with KraftWerks Supercharger Insert
• Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
• KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
• KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
• KraftWerks SuperCard Engine Management Unit and MAP Stabilizer
• KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Discharge Piping
• KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
• KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
• KraftWerks 5-Rib Belt
• KraftWerks Brackets and Hardware

*Boost level is determined at sea level, and can change depending on modifications, weather, altitude, etc.

-CARB Pending-

About KraftWerks:
KraftWerks was started to house all of our Rotrex-powered supercharger kits by Jackson Racing. We believe the Rotrex product will be able to grow with this brand into the future.

KraftWerks is made up of us at Jackson Racing, with Oscar Jackson Sr. at the helm and the rest of our original Jackson Racing supercharger engineers. The same quality and technology that you have known of JR, will be with KraftWerks, and will be better than ever. We have improved our supercharger design techniques and have learned quite a bit on the Rotrex supercharger from recent testing.

KraftWerks will establish its own distribution by the time of the release of our new kits. No other companies will be responsible for the distribution of KraftWerks supercharger kits.

We appreciate the support of the Fit community very much! We are very excited about our new venture, and hope the Fit community is ready for some boost!!

The Fuel Electronics:
The SuperCard is a small digital electronics unit that is able to extend injector duty cycle in boost for the given condition. The SuperCard is not a "basemap" to get you to a dyno or to "get you down the road." Also, the SuperCard really isn't a "piggyback" by traditional standards.

We spend a lot of time testing to get the electronics to work perfect across a whole range of situations; much like a typical OEM manufacturer tests their cars to work across a range of situations. We take pride in our SuperCard electronics and other electronics. We have revolutionized a new way of tuning vehicles.

We use cell-phone technology to make our small SuperCard chips and boards, allowing us to have a compact unit. This makes it simple for our customers to install, and it works seamlessly with the vehicle; at all throttle positions, all altitudes, all temperatures, all conditions.

To produce a CARB-legal product, it has to work. But we take it a step further and not just pass CARB regulations, we make it so it performs on the track, at full throttle, on the street, idling in traffic.

The SuperCard sees injector duty cycle output and manifold pressure. The SuperCard contains proprietary software that is able to determine proper management for all different types of conditions.

General KraftWerks Kit Information:
-The KraftWerks kits and Rotrex supercharger have a 2 year limited warranty. This warranty is on the KraftWerks kit components and Rotrex supercharger. Rotrex determines supercharger warranty.

-The Base and High-Boost kits are made to be used on completely stock engine components.

-There will be an upgrade path from Base kit to High-Boost kit for MT Fit.

-The High-Boost kit and upgrade will utilize a Hondata Reflash and injectors.

-Any aftermarket cat-back exhaust can be used with the KraftWerks kits.

-Test pipes can be used, but in conjunction with our Injector Upgrade Pack.

-The stock MAP sensor is utilized in both the Base and High-Boost kits. No problems using the stock MAP sensor.

-The KraftWerks kits use a single belt in the system. We have extensively tested this serpentine drive, and have verified its capabilities. There is no slippage when using a KraftWerks drive system. We have had great belt life, and no issues with our belt drive's capabilities. Having a spare belt makes it easier when you decide to change your belt. You can change it instantly, and then order another spare or two from us while you drive around on your fresh new belt.

-We include an automatic tensioner with our kit (stock car uses a manual tensioner) to help increase constant belt tension and reduce belt slipping. The automatic tensioner also increases belt life.
We have had excellent wear (meaning low wear), and have had no belt related issues. But we would expect the customer to change the belt a little more often than stock, because the supercharged belt must work a bit harder.

-Fuel Electronics are always standard with our kits, and require no additional tuning.

-A/C is fully-retained

-Our kits have no check engine lights and are a full bolt-on system. Your factory OBDII system will work as normal with our kit.

-We will confirm international compatibility once our production pieces our available. We will be sending these pieces to Rotrex partners throughout the world to check Right Hand Drive Fit/Jazz. We believe that we should have no problems.Unfortunately, the kit will be available in North America only upon initial release. We will get out international testing complete, and then the kit will be available to all Fit/Jazz owners...

-In order to meet CARB specs, we have used the stock injectors with our SuperCard unit. And these stock injectors have been our big limitation, and we have reached the limit for the little Fit injectors. Remember this is the Base CARB pending kit. This kit is to be used with a stock header and cat.

We will be offering an injector upgrade package for those that want to do a header and cat-delete, and it will work directly with the Base kit. The upgrade pack is plug and play, and is a low $399.99.

We will be releasing a Hondata Reflash package as another option for header/cat-delete Fits. This reflash will add many new features for the Fit, including raised rev limit, removed speed governor, adjusted VTEC, etc. This option will also be upgradeable to the High-Boost kit!

The biggest performance gain you can do for your Base SC Fit is ultra-light wheels and high-performance tires.

The Rotrex Supercharger:
-The Rotrex is small; about the size of the turbo it competes against. It has a traction drive, but is sans the turbine of course.

-The Rotrex drive system is a planetary traction drive system. This patented drive allows the Rotrex to spin to extremely high RPMs. There is some calculated slip in the system, but it is very small. This drive has no cut gears, which allows the Rotrex to be ultra quiet.

-The traction drive system has been tested to over 500,000RPM! Compressors wheels will not live at that RPM though. The smallest Rotrex unit spins at 201,000 RPM all day long!

-It uses the same compressor wheels and housings as its turbo opponents, because the drive system can turn the proper RPMs.

-The Rotrex supercharger pumps its own Rotrex SX100 oil, so there is no need to tap the oil pan or add an oil pump. A small Rotrex reservoir is included, along with a small oil cooler for the Rotrex oil.

-The Rotrex SX100 traction oil should be replaced every 50,000 miles or 2 years. If you are doing some heavy track abuse, I recommend changing the oil more often. The bottle included with the kit will cover your first 50,000 miles or so under normal conditions.

-The ratio in the Rotrex supercharger never varies. The C15-16 and C15-60 superchargers used on the Fit kits have a 12.67:1 drive ratio.

-The supercharger pulley size changes the speed of the Rotrex, just like any other traditional supercharger.

Stock AT (Blue) vs new Fit Auto Base Kit (Red)

Stock MT (Blue) vs new Fit MT Base Kit (Red)

Original Fit MT Kit Owners (May 08 - Oct 08):
The updated parts in the KraftWerks Fit system are available to original kit owners!
This update includes:
• Rotrex Hub and Pulley System like the KraftWerks S2000 Kits
• KraftWerks Supercharger Pulley and Belt
• KraftWerks Supercharger Insert
• KraftWerks MAP Stabilizer
• KraftWerks Oil Reservoir Mounting Bracket
• KraftWerks Fit Belt Tensioner Adjustment Tool
• KraftWerks Hardware

Improved:
- Throttle response
- Off-Idle Performance
- Mileage
- Overall Power/Torque

To update your 1st Gen KraftWerks Fit kit, you will need to send in your KraftWerks Supercharger Assembly (Supercharger, Supercharger Bracket, Pulley) to KraftWerks Headquarters. For more information on 1st Gen Kit Updates, please e-mail the KraftWerks Support line.

For general kit questions and interest, please email our KraftWerks Sales line!

Thanks!
-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 06-24-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
the release date is only a week away...hooray!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:59 PM
tagged......

hondata is going to be available for auto kits eventually right?

Last edited by Fitcapo; 11-14-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, nice A/T chart! There is more power from 4400-6500 than stock has at peak. I like the new curves, +5 daily usage.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Yes!!!!!!!

A/T Kit + Injector Upgrade for me.

Last edited by Wave; 11-15-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 PM
OOOOHHH! Neat!

What's different about the pulley system? And what's a MAP stabilizer?

Is that like a voltage clamp? Or maybe a smoothing capacitor? *curious*

Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Woot, the AT kit is coming out next friday!

I noticed that there are two different superchargers for the different transmissions. Why is that? They both have the same drive ratio.

Cosign on the AT high boost upgrade comment by the way. We're all boost junkies in here, so why leave the autos out?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
sexy time! that a/t looks great! i love the torque curve!

thanks ojr and all at kraftwerks! as always worth the wait!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie

I noticed that there are two different superchargers for the different transmissions. Why is that? They both have the same drive ratio.

Cosign on the AT high boost upgrade comment by the way. We're all boost junkies in here, so why leave the autos out?
I think it's an effort to keep your transmission inside it's casing, as opposed to on display all over the on-ramp.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
All you A/T Fits that ordered the kit will not disappointed. It's been a long haul but worth it.
AC

Last edited by aliencowboy; 11-15-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-14-2008, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

these are just base kits, and i'm pretty sure that since it took awhile for the a/t kit to be relased in general, how far it can be reliably boosted is the next logical step for them, and probably not next on the list as there are other cars and communities that are waiting for kits to be developed.

i'm prety happy with the numbers though. the added difference from stock to supercharged seems greater on the a/t than the manual version, at least the old one.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:41 PM
just noticed there's a new part in the updated kit called a "supercharger insert."

Wonder what it does! Sounds kinky...

Old 11-14-2008, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aliencowboy
All you A/T Fits that ordered the kit will not disappointed. It's been a long but worth it.
AC

too bad its not been ordered yet!

the gains are actually really decent...looks like stock we put down about
87hp and around 85-86lb-ft of tq.

so thats gains of 22hp and about 19lf of tq to the WHEELS, for the base kit.

i'm impressed. basically turns your car into a 140hp fit, with torque to match the r18 in the civic, but with A LOT more low end.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
wow, everything is looking good!!! thanks for the update

Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
I think it's an effort to keep your transmission inside it's casing, as opposed to on display all over the on-ramp.
Possibly, but I'd still go for if I had the cash for the kit. If the trans does decide to go, it would be known as what DSM owners call a "forced upgrade".

But in all honesty though, it shouldn't be too hard to beef up the trans. Just get a better torque converter that can handle the power and an oil cooler for the trans. I'm no transmission expert but aren't those usually the first things to go in a weak automatic trans?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Possibly, but I'd still go for if I had the cash for the kit. If the trans does decide to go, it would be known as what DSM owners call a "forced upgrade".

But in all honesty though, it shouldn't be too hard to beef up the trans. Just get a better torque converter that can handle the power and an oil cooler for the trans. I'm no transmission expert but aren't those usually the first things to go in a weak automatic trans?

i dunno if they still reccomend it, but OJR said that if you decided to abuse your fit on the track, and it was a/t, that a tranny cooler was in order, but even then not necessary. For DD, it would just be as a precautionary thing.

a lot of guys who boost a/t lexus is300's do some major work on the tranny's, beefing up parts...but only the ones who decided to make over 300hp to the wheels.

I know the fit probaby does not have the strongest transimssion ever, but i'm pretty sure it can hold at least up to 8 psi.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
[quote=eldaino;493444]
a lot of guys who boost a/t lexus is300's do some major work on the tranny's, beefing up parts...but only the ones who decided to make over 300hp to the wheels.

[quote]

actually the stock trans with a cooler is know to last at 400+whp with no issues typically. the 5 speeds are junk however.

I would install a trans cooler on the a/t fit just for a piece of mind.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Hey OJR, what does the base A/T kit + injector upgrade dyno chart look like?

Old 11-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
What a relief! finally! thank you OJR!
Lets say, for example, i send you my SC on the 1st, how long should i expect to wait to get it back? cant be without a car for too long, u know....

Old 11-15-2008, 02:18 PM
can't wait to see some at kit videos or reports...

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0