Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

L15A running TD05H 14b + Water/Meth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I'm glad I didn't get the Boomslang harness... I wonder if the AEM F/IC can be used on a Goldwing?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Well, I'm glad I didn't get the Boomslang harness... I wonder if the AEM F/IC can be used on a Goldwing?
I did T-T Know anyone who wants mine and an Emanage Ultimate send them my way!

Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Looks like a major hurdle has been cleared for not just mine.. but all GD Fit builds, behold:

FlashPro Fit

Thanks to:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...w-hondata.html

Not only has this made a giant leap for Fit-kind, but it has just about cut the cost of what I was expecting to pay for EMS by two-thirds!
When I heard about the good news I wanted to go out and buy 1 just because. Now there is hope for the GE8s too.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Just wanted to catalog TPC's results here as well for help in searches, as no doubt the FlashPro will be a common theme in this thread as well:

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Well good news everyone!

Tyler's base tune and dyno runs are in!

Feast your eyes on this:

Yes, that is an 11whp bump from an extremely rudimentary tune!

"So what?" you say "For $600+ I only get 11whp?

Lets put that in perspective.. that is a 12.4% gain in power from merely adjusting the fuel trims and NOTHING ELSE

Compared to the T1R turbo kit, for example that is a better dollar/whp ratio.
A&J Racing :: Engine :: Turbo :: T1R Type-S Turbo Kit - Honda Fit/Jazz 06-08 (GD3/GD4) (USDM)

T1R 145whp @ 4.5psi = 62.9% increase over stock for a 5MT GD3
FlashPro Base Tune = 12.4% increase

Now lets look at this in terms of "bang for your buck" ... The T1R turbo kit makes 5 times the power, but 7 times the cost.

Who remembers this article?:
Honda Fit Power Pages - Import Tuner Magazine

Where they spent $1050 for 9whp? And what they don't mention in the article is how the gains get pulled back into the fold by the stock ECU when left to make up its own mind.

Very few opportunities like this in the tuning world, especially on such a small displacement motor, that is so well optimized from the factory to begin with.

Now this shop and their tuner, who shall remain nameless, was not the shop he initially intended to go to.

They dropped VTEC activation too low (~2500rpm) which is why there are two dips early in the rev range and they leaned it out a bit too far, almost 13.7:1 AFR under full load in a couple spots. No knock was detected, and no knock retard was shown in the calibration so it is a safe tune, but not ideal.

Meaning that there is still more to be had.

Updates to come.

When I said, that like ECMLink for DSMs, VAGCom for VWs, Pro EFI/FAST for the V8 folks.. this should be the first proper mod you do for your Fit.

Otherwise all that money you would spend on I/H/E is for nothing because the ECU will adapt to it and bring your power back down.

FlashPro makes it permanent, and then when its time for emissions, you can revert back to your stock maps and have all your monitors ready to go.

This is a giant leap forward.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Got my FlashPro today!

Name:  hondata1.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  84.3 KB

Rev limiter set to 7900/7750 recovery

Launch limiter set to 5250/4900 recovery

Low load AFR targeting 15.2:1, thinking about going higher under cruise but still playing around with that.. should give me a respectable bump in fuel economy without really having to think about or do anything haha

Added 1-2 degrees advance every where but the VTEC cam changeover, low-mid range feels mildly improved.

Added a few degrees of timing out the top, saw no knock even with the thresholds set lower.

Leaned out to 13.2:1 past peak torque on the WOT Lambda maps and again no knock or stutter.

I completely changed the feel of the car above 5k rpm and pulls pretty solid to 7500. Get more MPH between shifts speeds things up considerably, and gear change drops directly into peak torque making pick up much snappier.

As a bonus this little hamster mill starts to scream after 7000rpm, even through a stock airbox and exhaust.

Can't wait to get the cam and springs in this bitch.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
What was the factory A/F after peak torque? 11.5 to 1? Cant wait to see what you do with the flash pro.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Bump

But really, is there a part two thread somewhere? I just finished reading this whole thing over a week, great stuff. I just finished swapping a fresh l15a into my GD and have picked up a few pieces on way to my latest turbo DD but would love to read more about your experiences.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by gynosis
From my experience this is becoming a bit of a headache to do (boost).

Weak points are as Nighthawksi pointed out, you can add the crank to that list.

Wiseco and CP pistons are available, as for rods K1 produce a forged set although Im not certain its for high boost/power applications.

The stock MAP sensor is a 2bar unit.

300-440cc injectors should do the trick.

Invest in a standalone EMS as FI/C, e-Manage, etc are piggybacks and ultimately limited if your chasing big power or higher boost. Flashpro is laptop based if Im not mistaken.

Sounds like you're on the right track though.
I added the 410cc injectors on my boosted fit I am using ktuner and I selected the injector dead time for the rdx 410cc turbo injector but can’t get my car to idle probably its running way to rich.