Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

anybody ran their car w/out the stock muffler??

Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I think he meant his car wouldnt leave the parking spot hahaha! Cant afford to lose any power to begin with.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 AM
I like my exhaust quiet, so if i do any mods and i get these show offs act big and bad at stop lights i will unleash whats under the hood without them knowing what hit em

Old 09-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Just swapped my exhaust out for a 27 inch glasspack. Couldn't have sounded any better!!! Took it for a test drive with the muffler off didn't sound bad but the glasspack makes it have a deep rumble! For 35 bucks can't beat it!!

Old 07-09-2014, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Nice

Very nice thread with lots of info and people trying the modification out, with an overwhelming majority liking the sound. . I was looking at the exhaust setup for the 2015 Fit at Bernardi.com and notice the muffler and piping to it looks to be setup generally the same. It's worth a try.

In the long run, the piping from the exhaust manifold back would have to be opened slightly for a little more power but the two cat converter system looks to be a pain in the as*, especially the first cat from the exhaust port (Very sharp bend).

At any rate, if it's a simple two bolt (Couldn't tell from the diagram but the setup looks the same as previous years), I'm willing to try this out. If it is that simple, I'll test it out at the dragstrip and see if there are minor changes in 1/4 mile time and especially trap speed. I'd be happy with a slight bump in my trap speed, considering it's such a simple and cheap mod. The 60ft time and 1/8th mile time/trap speed would expose if it has any loss in low end torque as well. Can't wait!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-09-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Pulled my muffler off this morning and drove around for a bit. The sound is pretty "drony" IMO. Not that it really drones just that it has that pitch to it. Not obnoxious nor great sounding but it's a cheap way to get an idea if you want an aftermarket exhaust or not.
The car definitely didn't gain 50hp like I was hoping for.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Bisimoto

Anyone think about trying to add Bisimoto's Pulse Chamber to their car? It qualifies as 'not a muffler, just pipe'.

PULSE CHAMBER

Old 04-04-2015, 11:59 AM
jhn
I am. That's on my short list.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
If you want bad quality & high prices, Bisi is always the way to go.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:59 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by mike410b
If you want bad quality & high prices, Bisi is always the way to go.
I've heard about the header problems, but how bad can his mufflers be? Have you personally had a bad experience with this muffler or are you just spreading hearsay?

Do you have one of these mufflers that you can share your experience?

Not as much heat, pressure, or deflection in a tail pipe. I've seen a few out in the field and the owners seem happy.

Last edited by jhn; 04-04-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I've not run them.

But I'm one to buy parts from a known scammer.

Especially when you're looking to pay $400 for a couple pieces of tubing.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:38 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Just have your local exhaust shop make you a straight pipe and then have them weld on a 1.5" elbow facing the back of the car and have them cap the end. It shouldn't cost very much, however placement does change the sound but 1.5" should eliminate the Honda buzz decently.

Old 08-02-2020, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by avosfit
It doesn't sound like a harley, that's for sure. But it is louder than the other exhausts I've heard. It would prob be louder than the average person would want.
I chopped mine off after the resonator at an angle to keep the undercarriage from cooking, the drone isn’t the most comfortable, looking to add another small resonator to lower the that drone. Without the exhaust it’s definitely not louder then the fiats but it’s definitely not a super quite car anymore, it sounds good, I especially like that you can here some natural pops in the exhaust from the engine running rich in shifts and throttle blimps in the 2018 manual sport fit

Attached Files
File Type: mov
FullSizeRender.mov (4.95 MB, 34 views)
Old 08-02-2020, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rachet_fit
I chopped mine off after the resonator at an angle to keep the undercarriage from cooking, the drone isn’t the most comfortable, looking to add another small resonator to lower the that drone. Without the exhaust it’s definitely not louder then the fiats but it’s definitely not a super quite car anymore, it sounds good, I especially like that you can here some natural pops in the exhaust from the engine running rich in shifts and throttle blimps in the 2018 manual sport fit
Why you cut the exhaust off of a Honda Fit.

seriously.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Why you cut the exhaust off of a Honda Fit.

seriously.
There a reason you want 12 extra pounds attached to your car when it passes road side decibel test without the muffler? Or is the Honda Fit muffler tip that cool to you and you want your car to be quieter then a Prius?

Seriously

Old 08-02-2020, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
There a reason you want 12 extra pounds attached to your car when it passes road side decibel test without the muffler? Or is the Honda Fit muffler tip that cool to you and you want your car to be quieter then a Prius?

Seriously
I have an aftermarket exhaust on my car.

I drove my old GD3 without the muffler after selling one and waiting for another. It sounded like trash.

lol @ removing 12 pounds from the lowest point of the vehicle and acting like it is doing you any good

Old 08-03-2020, 12:22 AM
I have an aftermarket exhaust on my car.

I drove my old GD3 without the muffler after selling one and waiting for another. It sounded like trash.

lol @ removing 12 pounds from the lowest point of the vehicle and acting like it is doing you any good

So your ear is who I’m supposed to please? And as far as lowest point of the vehicle and weight, have you put your car on scales To know left and right weight distribution or are you talking about weight distribution without knowing how it’s distributed

You want your rear to be as light as possible to allow it to kick out reducing understeer and still remain grounded at high speeds ( which is why we use wings not sandbags )
unless you have some higher knowledge to detest that, just because we went the cheaper route doesn’t mean it’s worse, just like your aftermarket exhaust probably isn’t any better then stock, unless you got the hpd rally kit (for their registered racers) is a straight pipe replacement from the Cat-back and not sold for road use

Old 08-03-2020, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member

So your ear is who I’m supposed to please? And as far as lowest point of the vehicle and weight, have you put your car on scales To know left and right weight distribution or are you talking about weight distribution without knowing how it’s distributed

You want your rear to be as light as possible to allow it to kick out reducing understeer and still remain grounded at high speeds ( which is why we use wings not sandbags )
unless you have some higher knowledge to detest that, just because we went the cheaper route doesn’t mean it’s worse, just like your aftermarket exhaust probably isn’t any better then stock, unless you got the hpd rally kit (for their registered racers) is a straight pipe replacement from the Cat-back and not sold for road use
lol yes you want to really emphasize that 60 something/30 something weight distribution and take weight off of the bottom of the passenger side of car. Really emphasize the high center of the car and the driver.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:06 PM
I've not run them.

But I'm one to buy parts from a known scammer.

Especially when you're looking to pay $400 for a couple pieces of tubing.
lmao HPD is Honda Performance Department

lol yes you want to really emphasize that 60 something/30 something weight distribution and take weight off of the bottom of the passenger side of car. Really emphasize the high center of the car and the driver.
so you don’t know anything info about the Cars left and right weight distribution And know the stock front and rear weight distribution given by Honda’s website/ info, I’d have a static weight distribution of 85-15 if possible... I only 155lbs but please continue about driver weight when the ac unit in the passenger side weights half my weight ( 75+ pounds) if you don’t Don’t know the actual weight distribution don’t bring that up in argument.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
lmao HPD is Honda Performance Department

so you don’t know anything info about the Cars left and right weight distribution And know the stock front and rear weight distribution given by Honda’s website/ info, I’d have a static weight distribution of 85-15 if possible... I only 155lbs but please continue about driver weight when the ac unit in the passenger side weights half my weight ( 75+ pounds) if you don’t Don’t know the actual weight distribution don’t bring that up in argument.
That first quote is about Bisimoto. A company that claimed to make all its stuff in house that was actually having it mass produced abroad. Good try though.

As for the latter. Lol.

just lol.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:08 PM
That first quote is about Bisimoto. A company that claimed to make all its stuff in house that was actually having it mass produced abroad. Good try though.
Well I’m in complete agreement about the Bisimoto comment so cheers to that, he used to be good then he sold out for profit and destroyed his reputation