Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Strange hiccup or misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Strange hiccup or misfire

Hello fellow fitfreakers! So I have approximately 78k on my GD3 and I'm now getting strange hiccups and kicks during cold engine starts and coasting at 50-60mph with little gas on the throttle. I'm getting very concerned with this symptoms and not sure if I should push the car anymore than I should. I also think I'm losing power throughout the power band. By the way the car is an AT and when I put it to Sport mode and reach about 3-4k RPMs it starts to hiccup not due to the rev limited but something unusual. What can the problem be? I read that it could be due to a faulty coil pack, spark plug, ECU glitch, etc etc. One member said to take it to Pep Boys for a free diagnostic, which I did but the scan showed nothing. I'm afraid the car will just DIE or STALL while driving. No CEL on the gauge. Very very CONCERNED!!! I've check oil levels and it seems to be at the level its suppose to be at.

HELP ME!:confus ed:

Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Coil packs get a lot of attention on the forum.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Arrow Hiccups or Misfire

I own a 2004 Honda Fit, it has1300cc engine which uses 8 plugs. I have come to notice that after a few thousand miles a, it starts to hiccup under a little pressure or just occasionally. All I did was change the plugs and it works fine thereafter.
I think i may still have bad coil over one of the plugs though, hope this helps

Old 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flipTEK 08 SSM
Hello fellow fitfreakers! So I have approximately 78k on my GD3 and I'm now getting strange hiccups and kicks during cold engine starts and coasting at 50-60mph with little gas on the throttle. I'm getting very concerned with this symptoms and not sure if I should push the car anymore than I should. I also think I'm losing power throughout the power band. By the way the car is an AT and when I put it to Sport mode and reach about 3-4k RPMs it starts to hiccup not due to the rev limited but something unusual. What can the problem be? I read that it could be due to a faulty coil pack, spark plug, ECU glitch, etc etc. One member said to take it to Pep Boys for a free diagnostic, which I did but the scan showed nothing. I'm afraid the car will just DIE or STALL while driving. No CEL on the gauge. Very very CONCERNED!!! I've check oil levels and it seems to be at the level its suppose to be at.

HELP ME!:confus ed:
You just have to read this link. It's what you're talking about. They'll be plenty to read about, but it's your next step.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...d-stutter.html

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
try pulling out each coil pack, pack it with dialectric grease and put them back in. if this solves your problem, then its a coil pack. I have to do this and my car and it is fine, after a few thousand miles it'll get crappy again. i finally found the problem pack or i think it is... 3rd from left, or the second coil pack counting from the drivers side. that one, this time around had noticeable damage and discoloration; so i ordered a new one. we'll see if it goes away permanently