Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Anyone heard of zage turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM
nothing against zage kit...i have seen some running on civics quite well. aftermarket turbos could be a pain in the ass but only if you dont know what you are doing. come on, you wanna spend 8k for just the kit from full race and another 8k for supporting mods? just trade it in...

Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
i got a buddy who has this kit in his Civic (d16y8), he said the turbo is great but he's only pushing 7 lbs and my mostly stock LS swap in my Civic can pull on his car all day. I'm sure with a proper tune and other bolt-ons he shouldn't have a problem beating me.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:26 AM
Sorry for bumping older thread. As i am about to order sprintex SC.it costs 3000$ and after shipment to my country near 4000$. but i know i will be limited to increase more power when i install sprintex because its a non intercooled system. other option is Jackson racing SC,but tha is out of my budget.
The Turbo bold on kits like HKS and Top fuel are also same range.
so i was looking at Zage kit and its been around for a while now and many many posive feedback,especially in Malaysia.
It makes almost same power at .4 barr

Sprintex : Torque = 134ft/lb WHP=144
Here is CRZ dyno sheet pics

Zage: Torque =133 ft/lb WHp=133

The price for zage is max 1600$ and i have to buy a tune too,may be 400$ extra.
so that costs near 2000$ compare to 3000$ sprintex.
The modifikasi forum is full of positive reviews about zage
Here and many more.
so nay thoughts and suggestions?
i will order in a week or so.just last time hesitations.
BTW i have a CVT!!!

any ideas
i mean just 30 hp increase and 15% torque increase is worth 3000$ ? or may be addons plus a chip can do this alone? in same price may be less.
an intake ~250$=5 hp
Exhasust ~300$=5 hp
a chip tuning=500$ =20 Hp ?
so near 1000$ is making 30 Hp. ?
as GE has no header so i left the header upgrade out.

Last edited by Fit Hybrid RS 2012; 07-21-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting thread! I just looked on their site. If they had something for the L15B engine, I would've been purchasing it. Will keep an eye out.

Had I had the older fit that this application could have been installed on, I would have already been ordering. No sense questioning reliability when there's no info about it. Only one way to find out.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Here is link to their site Zage turbos.
@ Myxalplyx,your N/A build is tempting and the way you sqeezed 15.2 Second drag time out of your fit.Lot of respect for you
through them an email to enquire about your GK fit turbo kit.
Here is a video about them https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rltxq_e-commerce-successes-in-taiwan-zage-turbosystems-inc_tech
2015 Taipei AMPA

Last edited by Fit Hybrid RS 2012; 07-16-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit Hybrid RS 2012
Here is link to their site Zage turbos.
@ Myxalplyx,your N/A build is tempting and the way you sqeezed 15.2 Second drag time out of your fit.Lot of respect for you
through them an email to enquire about your GK fit turbo kit.
Here is a video about them https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...stems-inc_tech

[/B]
Thanks for the video and the links. I have emailed them.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:39 AM
i also have made my mind about zage turbo kit instead of SC.i will order my kit in couple of days once i made up my mind about which flash/piggy-back to use.A company standing behind their products and promoting must have some quality because today the market is full of competition.So when you present some thing to world it gotta be good otherwise few bad reviews and your business goes downwards.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:53 AM
FWIW, Taiwan doesn't make bad stuff. It's actually hard to find items that are made in Taiwan outside of the island itself these days. If my GK goes back to Taiwan with me, I'd be willing to talk to Zage about getting a kit for it. I've seen several Taiwanese made turbo on Evos that ran fine. It's only when owners get greedy with hp numbers things started to fail, and usually those are internal parts, not the turbo. Not sure why there's trust issue with things made there, when we're not in the '80s anymore.

Of course, if you have a budget for a turbo kit, you should also set budget aside for the maintenance of having one.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by imhenry66
FWIW, Taiwan doesn't make bad stuff. It's actually hard to find items that are made in Taiwan outside of the island itself these days. If my GK goes back to Taiwan with me, I'd be willing to talk to Zage about getting a kit for it. I've seen several Taiwanese made turbo on Evos that ran fine. It's only when owners get greedy with hp numbers things started to fail, and usually those are internal parts, not the turbo. Not sure why there's trust issue with things made there, when we're not in the '80s anymore.

Of course, if you have a budget for a turbo kit, you should also set budget aside for the maintenance of having one.
You are very right about finding Taiwan products outside.i am dying to buy and order the kit but dont know from where :P just have found the Alibaba site where a supplier is listed.i have contacted him and waiting for his response. other than that i find some for sale at malaysian forum Modifikasi.com but damn those sell fast.and i could not underdstand Malaysian.i try google translate,it works but sending Pm there requires login,but we cant login from google translate.
i will appriate very much if some one can help finding a kit.once i came across a site where the kit was listed but it was from Newzeland! i dont have that link now and neither i am able to find it again.

Old 07-22-2015, 03:22 AM
atlast got response from them

i am about to order once the banks here open after Holiday.
Meanwhile check their facebook.impresive the way they are making quality turbos for so many cars.Audi,BMW,Nissan,Ford,Honda,Toyota,MAzda,merce des and list goes on.
Facebook
Thye even have acquired new packing machine so that orders are fulfilled quicker!

Last edited by Fit Hybrid RS 2012; 07-22-2015 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:28 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Something that disturbs me with this turbo kit is going to mhi to buy a td04hl-15g costs $700. Then on top of that the kit includes all the intercooler piping, intercooler, and cast manifold. So you basically have $1400 in materials right there. So my question is, where are they compromising to make a profit?

Old 07-24-2015, 01:56 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by kylerwho
Something that disturbs me with this turbo kit is going to mhi to buy a td04hl-15g costs $700. Then on top of that the kit includes all the intercooler piping, intercooler, and cast manifold. So you basically have $1400 in materials right there. So my question is, where are they compromising to make a profit?
here you can see the quality of the kit.member of crzfurom ordered a GE8 kit for his crz.
hereA new life, meet あゆみ (Ayumi) - Page 24 - Honda CRZ Forum: Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums
the quality of turbo and manifold is just outclass.other parts may have compromise.but those parts are easy to buy from aftermarket
some pics at another forum,looks impressive
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic...age-turbo.html

Last edited by Fit Hybrid RS 2012; 07-24-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:43 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
So if you do a bit of looking aroun for zage turbo's on different cars you will find basically what I expected. The Subaru guys have serious issues with the turbos. They are definitely not a genuine MHI turbo but rather a typical ebay knock off.

CFM datalogs verify they have flow issues.

On a side note, looking over the crz forum, I have to ask myself, "why would a company well versed in turbo systems send an oil drain plug adapter that bolts to the lowest point on the oil pan which would inevitably blow turbo oil seals?"

Last edited by kylerwho; 07-24-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
On a side note, looking over the crz forum, I have to ask myself, "why would a company well versed in turbo systems send an oil drain plug adapter that bolts to the lowest point on the oil pan which would inevitably blow turbo oil seals?"
Has the inevitable happened? Any links? Surely someone would've reported on it by now. I Googled 'Zage turbo blown oil seals' and didn't come up with anything.

The Toyota Yaris guys seem to like them --> Yaris

Other forums make fun of them for being so cheap and lot of speculation. I just couldn't find anything bad by looking for about 1-2 minutes. Nothing on blown oil seals anyways.

Please don't take me for defending them. I have no idea if they are bad or not. It's good to use critical thinking and ask why they are so cheap. I'm just not seeing any data to say that they are bad from experience anywhere. It's best not to take a chance on it if you aren't sure either way. Actually, probably best to leave the car stock period. I'm modding away though.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:16 AM
So if you do a bit of looking aroun for zage turbo's on different cars you will find basically what I expected. The Subaru guys have serious issues with the turbos. They are definitely not a genuine MHI turbo but rather a typical ebay knock off.

CFM datalogs verify they have flow issues.

If you read carefully,the guy fitting the kit assumed most of things.he said things like Zage was hinting to do this and that!!!
we all know the drain pipe should be above oil level.dont you think Zage didt think this basic rule? they make turbos like 10 years now and they didt know this basic thing?

Old 07-25-2015, 12:05 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I have nothing against zage but I won't be using their products personally.

Yes I do think zage doesn't know this basic rule. Read over a few of the yaris forum installs. The oil pan zage sends has a return the is at the same height as the oil pickup aka the bottom if the oil pan.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Ok just ordered Zage kit
will update when it arrives.If any one interested in pics or videos when it arrives?.i will do them before install. i think it will take 2 buisiness weeks to arrive

Old 07-27-2015, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Ok just ordered Zage kit
will update when it arrives.If any one interested in pics or videos when it arrives?.i will do them before install. i think it will take 2 buisiness weeks to arrive
I sent you my email address in your private message. This is awesome! I am hoping it all works out for you. Really, thanks for sharing this info and stepping up. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:10 AM
Here i found another thread about this kit on fitfreak
HERE

Old 07-31-2015, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
Here i found another thread about this kit on fitfreak
HERE

Thanks! I just posted in that thread to 'start some trouble'.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of zage turbo kits?