Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Is it worth it to use a bigger throttle body on a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
It was interesting the measurements you took on the TB especially to see 3 different tapers occurs. All and all going to 58 may help things since its not such a huge incase from the plenum.

And I'm curious why you want to weigh the TB instead of measuring the diameter. As the poster say the room to bore out is very little so what kind of increase do you expect; the tiny increase may not affect driveability at all unless the shape of the boring is dramatically changed.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
And I'm curious why you want to weigh the TB instead of measuring the diameter. As the poster say the room to bore out is very little so what kind of increase do you expect; the tiny increase may not affect driveability at all unless the shape of the boring is dramatically changed.
The max bore size that I was told would be 55mm I think. Without a supercharger or turbo added to the car, there really isn't that much of a benefit. Even if you do bolt-on parts, you might not get a big enough change unless you also increase the bore size of the intake manifold that connects to the throttle body.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
For GD folk, an R18 TB is 55mm and "plug and play." *Should* work on GE as well IIRC.

When I finally get a clutch/flywheel and my fuel bit's for E85... I will likely go that route to match one of my two intake mani's...

Old 10-06-2014, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
For GD folk, an R18 TB is 55mm and "plug and play." *Should* work on GE as well IIRC.

When I finally get a clutch/flywheel and my fuel bit's for E85... I will likely go that route to match one of my two intake mani's...
Has anyone ever put the R18 TB and shown results of it? I was looking through some threads and it looks like some things wouldn't add up.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
I've got an R18 TB en route to try in my GD3. Will post impressions, for $63 to my door it will be a cheap risk.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:36 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
R18 throttle body wont work on a ge manifold due to different locations of the ports for the idle control valve.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
I've got an R18 TB en route to try in my GD3. Will post impressions, for $63 to my door it will be a cheap risk.
Ahhh....great! Good luck on the turnout. Even if you experience no gains, it's cheap. Why not do it? It can be a precursor to having a matching manifold opening, bigger maf sensor (that's tuned) and bigger intake diameter in the future.

I did not see any measurable gains but I was happy to support Maxbore's business. The price was excellent (ONLY $100), the service was great and the quality was awesome. I mean....either that or pay Spoon $900 for the same thing pretty much.

Sigh..oh well! I love this stuff!

Old 06-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Much ado about nothing. Show me an independent lab's positive conclusions, not the company's own "data", and not one they paid for, on any of these performance products and I'll stop saying you're wasting your money.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CTCT
Much ado about nothing. Show me an independent lab's positive conclusions, not the company's own "data", and not one they paid for, on any of these performance products and I'll stop saying you're wasting your money.
No...don't stop saying that! Please, keep saying that. It'll keep me happy in seeing people frustrated as to why my car is running as fast as it is when any of these performance products ain't really doing ish for power.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
No...don't stop saying that! Please, keep saying that. It'll keep me happy in seeing people frustrated as to why my car is running as fast as it is when any of these performance products ain't really doing ish for power.
I don't know who you think is frustrated because your car is "faster" but I will stick to the point and the OP here and reiterate buyer beware. And buyer beware blind and subjective enthusiast advice like yours. I've seen all the aftermarket gobbledeegook claims devoid of basic physics and any qualitative analysis. This message is for readers other than you.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CTCT
I don't know who you think is frustrated because your car is "faster" but I will stick to the point and the OP here and reiterate buyer beware. And buyer beware blind and subjective enthusiast advice like yours. I've seen all the aftermarket gobbledeegook claims devoid of basic physics and any qualitative analysis. This message is for readers other than you.
Who needs physicis and qualitative analysis? You have an intake and you drive straight on a dragstrip a few times. You change it, same day, same track to another intake. You run it down a dragstrip, same day, same track. You compare the differences and go from there. Repeat process to make comparisons on anything else you wish to change (exhaust, pulley, tires, different tracks, etc). Do the same process with a dyno.

Gobbledeegook???? You can't get much simpler than this. It's not that hard, really! But then again, read the last line of my signature. You are way smarter than me and that line that I have in my signature IS for those like you. You say I'm, **Blind and subjective**.... You are funny! I have continuously contributed DATA over and over and over again to the community. Not just talk or what you would call.....rubbish. Or maybe gobbledeegook. Where is YOUR data?

As for the throttle body being bored, I did not see any measurable difference in any of my times before and after installing it. This is all from experience, not a claim.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-01-2015 at 01:02 PM.