Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Lets see some FlashPro calibrations!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:37 AM
Lets see some FlashPro calibrations!

Ok I am attempting to start a FP thread with some community support so we're not all starting with crappy Hondata basemaps. Many of us are begining to get FP for our GDs and like most people, you'll naturally go with the Hondata basemap first. Let me say, this thing sucks. My tune is not done yet, but I have picked up 20whp and about 25tq (currently making 108hp/105tq.. with 100+tq from 2750-5750rpm and 95+tq from 2000-6000rpm). My only mod is the DIY SRI. Granted this is using Virtual Dyno so the numbers may not be 100% accurate, but gives me a a standardized thing to test with and KNOW I'm getting gains. I do a datalog from the same exact spot so I know it's as close as possible. Once my calibration is done, I'll hopefully get her dyno'd for real and see how close my numbers are.

I am currently still working on my map, but I will share it with anyone who just PMs me their email. Once it's done, I will post it up to Hondata's vault so all can get it there. I'd love to have everyone else do this as well so it's not just and Hondata's and a few other maps up there.

Also I hope this is a place where people can discuss what is working for them and what is not so we can help everyone improve their maps. FlashPro is a great tool IF you know how to use it and deadly to your motor if you don't. I am by no means an expert but dabble in tuning and would like to help anyone who needs it.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Ok let's see if I can spark something.

Who has a FP?
Is it tuned?
Who tuned it (i.e. did you tune it)?
What mods do you currently have done?
Any dyno numbers?

Let's get something going to help one another if we can

Old 06-06-2013, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
TALK TO DSM a lil fee but best guy to speak with

i know i will when and if it will be available for the GE

Old 06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, DSM has sorted out my tunes.

I have the FIRST FlashPro unit marketed for the GD Fit (Serial # 0000)

I have numerous dynos, all right around 99 hp and 95tq.

My focus has been on TQ and throttle response in 2nd gear for AutoX conditions rather than peak power.

I still average 32 MPG

I have been slowly sorting out other issues, suspension primarily, but with a fresh oil change, clean air filter, and new plugs/coil paks I am 100% certain I am now solidly over the triple digit mark. When I can finally get my header/custom exhaust finished I should have one of the most thoroughly tuned "bolt on mod" NA Fit's.

I can share info and experiences, but as I paid for an expert to complete my tunes, I wont be sharing the FPCAL directly. Not without the tuners express permission at least.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
And although it has been posted before, here is the mods:
AEM CAI Intake
IK-22 Plugs
DC sport 4-1 ceramic header
Skunk2 60mm cat back exhaust

Re Flashed via Hondata Flashpro

Currently working on:
Weapon R Race header
Pulleys

Old 06-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Yep I know DSM has plenty of experience on here and is a great resource. Not everyone can afford a proper tune so I'm just trying to help people out who need it or have questions. EVERYONE should properly tune their car tho.. one person's map may not be the best for your car, but if you can do 95% of the legwork and don't mind sharing to help others, I encourage you to. Why reinvent the wheel?

Thanks for your input and I understand not wanting to share DSM's map without his permission What does your tq curve look like?

That brings up another great point, some people may be going for different goals as well. Some people want max numbers and others want more usable numbers for autox and daily driving. I tuned my car the same way. Our cars have great mid-range power for their size and I think you should tune to a car's strength.

As an example, I know you had issues with random knock retard during normal driving. I'm hoping this thread will allow us to help you resolve those issues. If you would like, I can send you my map so you can compare the values and maybe see some differences.

I'm just trying to get the community together to benefit everyone. I think there is great knowledge and resources here and I'd like to tap that!

Old 06-06-2013, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
0bLiViOuS I am 100% with you!

I do my best to share with this community and constantly promote info sharing, and badgering/supporting vendors to make us the products we want!!!

I myself really need to self educate on EFI and tuning... Give me a set of carbs, a vacuum gauge, a bottle of carb cleaner and some jets to fool with and I am happy! All the 1's an 0's on a laptop....Let's just say i stare at PC screens all day and don't have the confidence to start playing on what is my "daily" driver.

DSM actually got over worked by the community at one point His rates are SERIOUSLY reasonable, hence why I went to him.

My first re flash was done by a local "performance" shop on a dyno for $300+... And was supremely disappointing. Getting E re-flashes less than 1/2 that and consistent contact and feed back is WAY worth it to go to DSM or another E tuner if you ask me. The fact that DSM HAS a GD and regularly tests out tunes on his own car before sending them back is extra icing on the cake

You are 100+% right about every person and every car being different too!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Haha give me a carb and I'll get you running.. but probably not well! Last carb I worked on was a friend's Mustang.. well his boat technically too. Too many variables.. computers don't lie to me.. if the sensors are all correct lawls.

I do the same thing.. computer all day for work and recently at home staring at my laptop playing with my tunes. Think I'm about to go crazy, but I tend to get fanatical with new things (hence why I got my Fit about a month ago and live for more inofrmation).

It's great to hear that DSM is so resonable. I believe e-tunes are the way to go. You get much more communication generally and a much better product since they're not watching the clock (as closely at least). Hell, maybe our maps can help make DSM's life easier

Old 06-06-2013, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Hahah, I know ALL about new fixations... I started racing my Fit in SCCA Solo (AutoX) last July, and by July of his year I will be attending my 3rd national event in hopes of qualifying for the year end nationals in Sept

Add that to the archery, motorcycles, classic cars, computers, video games, android roms, the 3 car clubs I'm in... you get the idea

Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM
OK, so I havn't been on here for a few years really after having a bad experience. I am hoping things have changed!

Now that is out of the way, I have an 08 fit sport. mods include: Custom cold air intake, OBX racing header, free flow downpipe, and catback exhaust. Ralco RZ pulley kit. I have other mods, but they do not affect power.

I purchased the hondata flashpro a few weeks ago, and had my car dyno tuned through a local shop that was recommended through hondata's web site. My final dyno numbers were 101hp and 98tq. The car runs and feels great, however, I feel like my numbers are low. I do not believe the shop I paid $300+ to had very much experience with the flashpro.

I wasn't expecting 300hp, but i was hoping for around 120 and over 100tq.... am I expecting too much?

Thanks in advance for positive remarks, and help.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I also wanted to note that I replaced all four coil packs, spark plugs (oem), changed the oil, and did a valve adjustment about 3 weeks before the tuning session. BTW, my car was on the dyno for over 3 hours!

Old 06-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Ya I would have expected more in the 110hp mark as well with just about as much tq.. 120 seems pretty high. Dyno numbers should only be compared against your own car tho so you know what is/isn't working since they all read differently and there are a lot of external factors. Anything in particular that they did which makes you think they didn't have much experience? What type of dyno was it as well?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
the tuning was done on a dynojet...(don't know the model #) what made me think he didn't really know what he was doing was the fact my car was on the dyno for a little over 3 hours. The other issue was the fact he didn't get a good baseline before tuning. He was having issues with getting an rpm signal. My base run was silly. somthing around 65 hp 38tq?!?! from what I have been seeing, people with I/H/E have been right around 115hp. I assumed with the free flow cat, and pulley kit, I could gain a few more than them... Guess thats what I get for assuming! I would love to have an etune done by someone reputable.... I understand DSM is the man to talk too, however I just dropped a lot of money, and it will take a while to fill my pockets back up!

Old 06-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I have emailed all the information I was sent by the tuner. I hope this is able to help out until I can get some data logging done.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
I've refined my daily driver tune now, which began as a "race tune" with aggressive fuel & spark tables for 91 octane. After about a week of datalogging and tweaking, it's now smooth on 87 octane, knock-free, pulls noticeably better than stock and yields 35+ mpg highway. Only mods are intake, header and -100lbs of Fit fat.

Not sure if I've uploaded my tune & gauge display to Hondata's "Vault". So, here's links to the Flashpro .fpcal and 07-08 gauges.

Stockish 87-octane tune:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Zn...it?usp=sharing

GD3 Gauge display (I use a "Graph" &/or "Error Codes" windows in the free space):

Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Great, thanks for the addition! I'll have to take a look at the config when I get to my comp

Ever get it dyno'd out of curiosity?

Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Unfortunately I'm only able to speculate from butt dyno readings lol.

The mileage is measurably up though, +2.2mpg with lots of WOT pulls!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Smoother 87-octane tune after Denso IK22's and valve adjustment.

I still need to get a wideband on it and back up suspected gains with dyno figures.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Banned
If you spent all that money on more performance with a flash pro why on earth are you still running 87 to save a few pennies?

Old 09-01-2013, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by loudbang
If you spent all that money on more performance with a flash pro why on earth are you still running 87 to save a few pennies?
The Fit was "Robin" to my 2004 Corvette. It's role was to be less then soul-crushingly dull but still yield 35+ mpg, for as little money as possible.
Being cheap is part of the plan, it's not like I'm not sacrificing double-digit whp or something.

If I have this thing in a couple years then I might build the L15 to specifications worthy of more knock-resistant fuel.

...E85 + EFR go nicely together.

Quick Reply: Lets see some FlashPro calibrations!