Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KTuner ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Nice gains.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Is there anyone here that is willing to work with KTuner on a local level so they can figure out the Honda ECU values in the 2015 Honda Fit?

Anyone? I'd do it in a heart beat but I'm not in Arizona (I'm in Delaware). Hell, I'd give them my car until everything was ironed out. I'm crippled by my distance. I have other mods on the horizon (Cams, ram-air, larger maf sensor) that I can't take advantage of without tuning. We all could benefit from this.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-10-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:49 PM
I mentioned to you in email that a local has offered his '15 up. As soon as I can FIT him in I'll take him up on it.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KTuner
I mentioned to you in email that a local has offered his '15 up. As soon as I can FIT him in I'll take him up on it.
I didn't think it was a matter of 'Fittin' the local in. I just thought they were semi-available but wasn't committing to it dropping the car off or offering it up. My bad!

You have to excuse me as I have a lot of emails flying around with other stuff going on and my mind go's at a 100mph. Busy preparing and racing at events (Just got back tonight from Import vs Domestics at Englishtown in my RAV4). I'll be taking the Fit to Cecil County this Friday again and Sunday at Atco Raceway's Family Truckster's Bracket race.
http://www.atcoraceway.com/wp-conten...etter-Sp15.jpg

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-15-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 PM
He's in to leave it, extra car, and my buddy in San Diego is willing to come out for a weekend. I'll be able to do research soon.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
I'm willing to take my 2010 with sprintex supercharger up for testing. I'll pay for my trip 100% and can take some vacation time if it will help the cause. I figure this will be cheaper then going K24..... For now.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cl juice
did Vit give you an e-dyno?
what were the numbers (hp/tq)?
E-dyno of the last 2 calibrations Vit sent me. Green is final one. Still waiting to get on an actual dyno.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator
damn bro 125 hp?

Old 03-15-2015, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
its an edyno. id personally like more accurate numbers. theres a lot of variables (bumps, air temps, etc) with a 3rd gear pull on the street. not saying im complaining haha. but i hit 113hp/105tq on a dyno with just intake and exhaust and no tune. ive also got some other things in the works. within the next month or so.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:39 PM
impressive numbers. thanks for posting

Old 03-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
I'm willing to take my 2010 with sprintex supercharger up for testing. I'll pay for my trip 100% and can take some vacation time if it will help the cause. I figure this will be cheaper then going K24..... For now.
I appreciate the offer. Maybe send an email in.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
It's me I'm the local in Phoenix that offered my gk up to ktuner just waiting for the ok to drop it off to them, it's all bout patience lol

Old 03-25-2015, 03:20 AM
Subscribed! I've got a 2010 Fit.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cleangd3
It's me I'm the local in Phoenix that offered my gk up to ktuner just waiting for the ok to drop it off to them, it's all bout patience lol
<-----****Faints****

THANKS for making me wait. I would've had the car tuned too soon. My intake and exhaust isn't quite ideal yet since I have some new ideas. Waiting for two pieces to come in for my intake and one exhaust part to modify both for hopefully better performance. The cams being completed would be nice also but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-25-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
<-----****Faints****

THANKS for making me wait. I would've had the car tuned too soon. My intake and exhaust isn't quite ideal yet since I have some new ideas. Waiting for two pieces to come in for my intake and one exhaust part to modify both for hopefully better performance. The cams being completed would be nice also but I'm not holding my breath.
I'm very intrested to see what can be done with all that, it would be really nice to see about 135-140 to the wheels

Old 03-30-2015, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by cleangd3
I'm very intrested to see what can be done with all that, it would be really nice to see about 135-140 to the wheels
I totally agree. Im glad they updated the gk to 130 hp. I love my car but have always felt it needed just a little more power

Old 03-30-2015, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Master Drail
I totally agree. Im glad they updated the gk to 130 hp. I love my car but have always felt it needed just a little more power
Exactly and I felt they provided the fit with the right amount of extra power

Old 04-02-2015, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
I hope KTuner will soon add the support for Sprintex Supercharger application.
Almost every Sprintex user here had experience with "HICCUP" with the piggy back that came with the kit (or the wiring)...
that one of the reason that make me keep on holding on buying the Sprintex.

The current solution that I see will fix this are:
1. Using Larger Fuel Pump (Evo X or deatschwerks equivalent) (around $150)
2. Using Larger Injector (RDX Injector) (around $450)
and to control all the above addition you need to use
AEM F/IC 30-1910 and Boomslang Harness (around $900).
and if you want to do the data logging you need AEM UEGO
which I already have (another $150 )

So all the above will significantly add the cost on top of the Sprintex kit.
(around $1,650 extra on top of the $3,000 the Sprintex kit cost).
I mean this is what I think would make sure the Sprintex kit will
have good realibility and NO HICCUP anymore...

The most significant cost is of course the AEM F/IC and the Boomslang Harness.

so if KTuner support Sprintex Supercharger tuning,
then there surely will be many new customer for KTuner from the people currently already have Sprintex on their car.
Most of Current Sprintex user had not optimize their car tune with a custom dyno tune, so most of them are not using their Sprintex at
the most optimize/ideal tuning.
Some maybe reluctant due to the high cost and the time it take to do dyno tune,
whatever the reason is,
if KTuner offer a tuning solution for Sprintex and if the dyno result from just one happy customer
show GAIN (before KTuner and after KTuner with Sprintex equipped car)
and better DRIVEABILITY with no more sudden limping mode,
I am sure many current sprintex user will line up to order KTuner and tuned by VitViper

or

for future Sprintex user like me who know they can have reliable Tuning solution with KTuner that is not as expensive as the AEM route.
plus the work needed to install the Boomslang harness and ROUTE it in into the cabin (so the AEM F/IC is more protected then living it in the engine compartment) will be a pain and not as simple
as KTuner plug in to the car and reflash...

not to mention the ability to be tuned remotely with VitTuner,
vs.
if I get the AEM, I have to do my own "emergency" tune just so I can drive my car to the nearest tuner risking my engine during the drive there or of course put my car on a flat back truck and pay more cost to get my car to the nearest tuner.

(yeah, I already think about all the pain I had to gone through to install Sprintex and make sure it will run well)...

so clearly there are plenty of advantage to use KTuner solution compare to AEM...

Hopefully I will be ready to get my Sprintex kit by next month or 2,
and when that finally happened,

I wish KTuner already offer the tuning solution for Honda Fit GE equipped with Supercharger (and larger INJECTOR)...
otherwise,
I will be forced to pay much more for AEM F/IC and Boomslang harness and deal with all the extra work needed with using AEM...
Hey Alpina,

As someone who tuned using the Perfect Power SM8TL and then the AEM F/IC 6.

I can tell you the SM8T is extremely limited and is utter trash for that application.
The software is hopelessly buggy and poorly conceived (I'm being generous here).

AEM F/IC 6 is a light-years ahead but, it is old and has limits as well as missing some critical features (IAT/coolant temp map, Timing advance, log space, shock/weather proof, ect...).
The software works, outdated but fairly intuitive and it just works. Its really needs the 3D type maps that all the newer Products have including Ktune from what I saw, fitting your MAF, fuel and other maps onto your laptop screen and mentally trying to tie them together is not easy. I export logs to excel and do extensive conditional formatting and sorting to get another angle at the data.

The Limp mode issue is a product of the SM8TL limitations as well as some other issues. The reason its hard to eliminate is because it can have multiple causes like insufficient fuel flow, unequal fuel delivery due to 5th injector, intake turbulence near MAF and the SM8TL itself unable to cope in the application.
I also saw my MAF reading spike at 5v causing instant limp mode only occasionally due to turbulence. Removed the turbulence with an air straightener but still spiked due to flow with the restrictor removed on the sprintex.

After going to the FIC even at with an initial basic tune and MAF clamped at 4.9v I have not visited limp mode again that wasn't cause by overly rich AFR misfiring when I first started tuning. Felt safer starting my tune holey$hit rich and working back than too lean.

BoomSlang Harness is convenient but a ripoff at the price. Wiring is really not to complicated or extensive. Do yourself a favor and remove the bumper facia, headlight, battery, ECU and stock intake if you still have one. You can concentrate on wiring instead of maneuvering. Double check wires and test before to put bumper and head lights back on.

And yes, Get a UEGO regardless of tuning solution with boost!

Have not found the need for upgraded fuel pump even with RDX injectors.
You will want those injectors and don't bother with 5th injector even if the FIC can run it technically.

All this being said I doubt Ktune can provide ideal tune for the Sprintex unless your keeping everything stock and they have a donor car.
Id opt for the user tuneable option if available.

I like the FIC 6 its a good product but nothing beats a full EMS or user flashable ECU in my mind and I do like the feature list of the Ktune product.

I have many questions on it still, But Im ready to pull the trigger once its listed as My FIC6 just suffered massive hardware failure.

Right before RACE SEASON EVEN STARTED!
Was set for competition in the COMSCC time trials this year....

Can always get another FIC6 and drop my tune on it but was also exploring the options...
AEM FIC 8
Hondata... not available....
KTune?

Last edited by slimchriz; 04-02-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slimchriz
Hey Alpina,

As someone who tuned using the Perfect Power SM8TL and then the AEM F/IC 6.

I can tell you the SM8T is extremely limited and is utter trash for that application.
The software is hopelessly buggy and poorly conceived (I'm being generous here).

AEM F/IC 6 is a light-years ahead but, it is old and has limits as well as missing some critical features (IAT/coolant temp map, Timing advance, log space, shock/weather proof, ect...).
The software works, outdated but fairly intuitive and it just works. Its really needs the 3D type maps that all the newer Products have including Ktune from what I saw, fitting your MAF, fuel and other maps onto your laptop screen and mentally trying to tie them together is not easy. I export logs to excel and do extensive conditional formatting and sorting to get another angle at the data.

The Limp mode issue is a product of the SM8TL limitations as well as some other issues. The reason its hard to eliminate is because it can have multiple causes like insufficient fuel flow, unequal fuel delivery due to 5th injector, intake turbulence near MAF and the SM8TL itself unable to cope in the application.
I also saw my MAF reading spike at 5v causing instant limp mode only occasionally due to turbulence. Removed the turbulence with an air straightener but still spiked due to flow with the restrictor removed on the sprintex.

After going to the FIC even at with an initial basic tune and MAF clamped at 4.9v I have not visited limp mode again that wasn't cause by overly rich AFR misfiring when I first started tuning. Felt safer starting my tune holey$hit rich and working back than too lean.

BoomSlang Harness is convenient but a ripoff at the price. Wiring is really not to complicated or extensive. Do yourself a favor and remove the bumper facia, headlight, battery, ECU and stock intake if you still have one. You can concentrate on wiring instead of maneuvering. Double check wires and test before to put bumper and head lights back on.

And yes, Get a UEGO regardless of tuning solution with boost!

Have not found the need for upgraded fuel pump even with RDX injectors.
You will want those injectors and don't bother with 5th injector even if the FIC can run it technically.

All this being said I doubt Ktune can provide ideal tune for the Sprintex unless your keeping everything stock and they have a donor car.
Id opt for the user tuneable option if available.

I like the FIC 6 its a good product but nothing beats a full EMS or user flashable ECU in my mind and I do like the feature list of the Ktune product.

I have many questions on it still, But Im ready to pull the trigger once its listed as My FIC6 just suffered massive hardware failure.

Right before RACE SEASON EVEN STARTED!
Was set for competition in the COMSCC time trials this year....

Can always get another FIC6 and drop my tune on it but was also exploring the options...
AEM FIC 8
Hondata... not available....
KTune?

Hi slimchriz,
my Honda Fit is an Automatic so I don't think I can use a full stand
alone AEM EMS (or Infinity)...
so my choice is either AEM F/IC 6 or KTune...
I just finished with installing the AEM UEGO last week though

I hope I can have the funds to buy the Sprintex Supercharger (by middle of this year)

and then I will buy either

1. AEM F/IC 6 with boomslang (yes, I don't like to cut OEM wiring,
plus if I decided to go stock, I can just unplug the boomslang andthe AEM F/IC 6 easily, so I think I have to let my money go to boomslang )

or

2. KTune (if KTune can have the solutions for Sprintex by that time
and it had been proven effective by some Sprintex user on this forum).

My car is my only car and daily drive...
I need it to be reliable,
When I read all the "hard" experience by member here with their
Sprintex (due to the SMT and all that limp mode)........................

Old 04-02-2015, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi slimchriz,
my Honda Fit is an Automatic so I don't think I can use a full stand
alone AEM EMS (or Infinity)...
so my choice is either AEM F/IC 6 or KTune...
I just finished with installing the AEM UEGO last week though

I hope I can have the funds to buy the Sprintex Supercharger (by middle of this year)

and then I will buy either

1. AEM F/IC 6 with boomslang (yes, I don't like to cut OEM wiring,
plus if I decided to go stock, I can just unplug the boomslang andthe AEM F/IC 6 easily, so I think I have to let my money go to boomslang )

or

2. KTune (if KTune can have the solutions for Sprintex by that time
and it had been proven effective by some Sprintex user on this forum).

My car is my only car and daily drive...
I need it to be reliable,
When I read all the "hard" experience by member here with their
Sprintex (due to the SMT and all that limp mode)........................
I hear you, this is my daily driver to.
Luckily I can work remotely if I have to but, still not ideal. I spent more night that I care to admit wrenching till 2-4 am only to get up and goto work a 12hr day .
But I love the challenge and love having a car that I have redesigned to my own taste with mostly sweat equity and ingenuity.
Then to enjoy it on the track which Id not be able to afford without the savings.
I think it safe to say this is not my "Hobby" but perhaps my "lifestyle".

Currently my car wont even start without the laptop plugged in and I have to load the calibration everytime and leave USB connected to FIC.

My personal laptop is also on its last legs as well so its not ideal.

Also due to the onboard map sensor being out on fic I had to completely rewrite a tune using only MAF as load witch is bad as I have increased the MAF housing to 2.5" and my current MAF only tune only has about 2 hours of tuning time.
If I had not been working with the FIC for over a year now I'd be dead in the water.
My current tune works but is rough of course.

If I could source the plugs and pins I could make these harnesses for half that cost easily. hint hint...

Quick Reply: KTuner ECU Reflash