Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo for my '08 Auto, question

Old 12-12-2016, 01:55 AM
Turbo for my '08 Auto, question

I am back in the shop working on my swap (L15 auto into 1gen Insight) and I have concluded that turbocharging will make my swap much easier as I must either shorten the intake manifold (turbo friendly) or I will have to do some serious mods to get it long enough for N/A, Stock does not fit. Also easier to build a turbo manifold rather than a long tube header. I have found the Garrett T28bb (nissan S13) to be a good and available turbo and I want to feel confident that the transmission will live as a daily driver..... even if I have to run 4psi. ..... so the question is what boost level can I feel comfy with..... or do you think the headache going NA is worth it for an easy car to drive (and possible cam in the future) Either way I will have Flashpro installed....... payday is Thursday and will be the point of no return for this part of the project. I want to be able to shift under full throttle with out thinking about it, typical freeway like, no racing and rarely past 80 as if the car was stock.

Anyone who helps me can see a free Vegas show!