Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon R for Ge8 questions.. I need expert feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Why not just put the spark plug non fouler (dont drill hole bigger)
I think it will ok

Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by 94si
Why not just put the spark plug non fouler (dont drill hole bigger)
I think it will ok

You need two. one is completely drilled out so you can actually thread the sensor in palce, the second is drilled out about halfway down so you can fit the sensor.

Plug non foulers holes are far too small to fit any sort of O2 sensor

Old 07-28-2014, 11:18 PM
I am thinking o2sensor to the wr cel eliminator>non fouler >pipe
Non need to drill the hole bigger so we got less gas
Or can hit the cel elimiator with a hammer make a good dent
Thanks for the recomment 13fit
I got t1r convertor the weld not realy great hardware and gasket are junk( bad bath)??
I cut my own gasket and got better bolts nuts
Fitment is ok i had to hand file tool remove about .2' pipe to make it fit

Old 09-06-2014, 01:24 AM
Ok I just wanted to update on the CEL eliminator situation.
It has been a little over a month now, after initial installation of the WR CEL fix, I was able to achieve more miles(+-100miles) vs the BLOX unit(40-60miles), without the CEL indicator.
However, now that its been on for awhile, I have noticed the mileage I have been able to achieve with just the WR unit has increase dramatically with no change to my driving style. This last couple of weeks I have went through 2 tanks of gas without the CEL come on. I don't know if this is luck, but whatever it is, it is keeping me from going back underneath the car =).
If it does come back on tho, I will install more length to the WR units via the straight BLOX unit, just waiting on my KONI str.t struts/shocks to arrive early october(hopefully) due to delay from autoanything errr.... =(

Old 11-11-2014, 10:02 PM
SITUATION UPDATE:
It has been a couple of week now with the blox cel eliminator and WR cel eliminator being used together as 1 piece, and the results are unsatisfactory!! At the least, the WR unit alone would get me 200miles+- but with the blox unit attached to the WR unit, the CEL has become very inconsistent and would even throw the p0171 (too lean?) code.

Emission testing is 4 months away, so for the next step, I will try the ebay cel elim. suggested by 13fit. I really hope I get this thing figured out by March!

Old 11-12-2014, 12:23 AM
Emissions test will sniff and find your cats are gone.

I sure hope you did not make the mistake of using these CEL eliminators on the primary O2 (right behind cylinder head). you should never see a lean conditon relating to the secondary O2, as it is ONLY looking for a significant change from primary, to compare for emissions

Old 11-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Yes I have not touched the sensor on the primary(behind motor), it's the o2 sensor that's on the secondary(under cabin) that I've been trouble shooting.
:/ I hope the lean condition is not an seperate issue

Also, here in Georgia, they are pretty lax when it comes to emission testing, as long as there are no CELs and all the driving lights are in good functioning condition then it's all good.

Last edited by FittinglyFittedFit; 11-12-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:21 PM
good. I wish emissions testing would stop lol.

Your lean condition may be another issue. Yank the battery negative cable for several minutes. Touch the brakes and attempt turning key to drain all power.

then reattach battery ground and do idle re-learn procedure

Old 11-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
good. I wish emissions testing would stop lol.

Your lean condition may be another issue. Yank the battery negative cable for several minutes. Touch the brakes and attempt turning key to drain all power.

then reattach battery ground and do idle re-learn procedure
Ok I will try this weekend.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittinglyFittedFit
Closer to he engine as in how the cel eliminator is positioned.

Engine--------------------------muffler (my current cel eliminator/o2 position)
|----- o2 sensor

Vs

Engine--------------------------muffler ("I think" your positioning"
o2 sensor -----|

The "|----- "is the cel eliminator

I was thinking maybe the way the eliminator is positioned may have an effect on the exhaust pressure entering the eliminator then to the o2 sensor. But I'm not scientist so it was just a guess. But since you say it's the temperature then I think I may just be talking jibberish lol =P

I'm going to get more distance with the sensor from the exhaust and see if that helps.
Thanks again
Originally Posted by 13fit
position has a bit. you are correct though, my O2 kit pushes it towards the cylinder head.

It does make sense that position helps, as exhaust does NOT like making a big U turn lol

post results when you get and install your kit!
Hi Guys,
I need both your help, from your experience,

so for "FittinglyFittedFit",
did you eventually change your O2 sensor position so the WR CEL Eliminator kit is doing a U Turn (meaning you put the O2 sensor closer to the engine side and farther from the second catalytic converter)?

and 13fit,
did you put your CEL eliminator position as "U Turn" from the beginning,
and you still sometimes get a CEL if you accelerate/drive really hard?

Thanks Guys...

Old 01-30-2015, 06:44 AM
I did change the direction of the eliminator where the o2 sensor is now closer to the engine bay relatively, after doing so I was able to get a bit more miles but the cel eventually still came on. Last week however, I installed a new eliminator from ebay (recommended by 13fit via ebay, I don't have the link as I'm not at my pc,will post link for this item later) it seems I might be able to finally pass emissions now! Fingers crossed. I'll try to post pics later today just to clarify how the eliminator is situated on the exhaust pipe.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittinglyFittedFit
I did change the direction of the eliminator where the o2 sensor is now closer to the engine bay relatively, after doing so I was able to get a bit more miles but the cel eventually still came on. Last week however, I installed a new eliminator from ebay (recommended by 13fit via ebay, I don't have the link as I'm not at my pc,will post link for this item later) it seems I might be able to finally pass emissions now! Fingers crossed. I'll try to post pics later today just to clarify how the eliminator is situated on the exhaust pipe.
Hello,
Thank You for your guidance,
yes,
when you have free time,
please kindly help me by posting the pictures of your current setup.

Thanks again

Old 01-30-2015, 09:39 PM

And here is the link of the ebay listing for the eliminator:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oxygen-O2-Sensor-Spacer-Extender-Header-Pipe-90-Degree-Angle-Kit-M18-x-1-5-/221464651774?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item33905267fe&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true