Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Mugen front grill on USDM front

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen front grill on USDM front

So I was on facebook looking though some posts in a thread and saw a picture of a GD3 with a Mugen grill. I thought it was a knock off (though it looked really nice) and decide to ask if it was an ebay fake. The guy later replied and said that it was the authentic grill, he just modified the supports and mounts.

Name:  IdEAGOl.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  131.2 KB

What do YOU guys think about the fitment? At first I thought it looked like it bulged out a bit, but I'm not sure if it was just me or if that is how it is supposed to look. The guy said the fitment was spot on. If so, I think I might pick one up next month.

Name:  0DFhEB6.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  h6395zz.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  74.6 KB

Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 AM
Banned
Looks fine to me the way he did it.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
So I finally bit the bullet and bought the Mugen front grill and installed it onto my USDM Fit.

Name:  sPnzS7S.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  135.6 KB

Name:  EqgfGZr.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  114.5 KB

Overall I liked the look of the front grill and the modification. However, the fitment is not that great. As suspected from when I first saw the picture, there are areas which aren't flush and thus either leaves a small gap or is very tight.

If you are considering getting the Mugen front grill, a replica made specifically for the USDM might fit better. If you want an authentic piece, you're better off getting the J's Racing grill (or if you're a baller, doing the JDM front end conversion). I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment so I'm just leaving it on.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 PM
2010 fit owner

The grill looks amazing. What year is your fit? I have a black '10 but can't find a mugen grill that fits (no pun intended).
also does it say mugen on the grill? And if so how difficult would it be to remove that part?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by slim-fitty
The grill looks amazing. What year is your fit? I have a black '10 but can't find a mugen grill that fits (no pun intended).
also does it say mugen on the grill? And if so how difficult would it be to remove that part?
you need to look for the 1 made for the honda fit shuttle. user xxryu139x has 1 installed on his

Old 04-19-2014, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
The front grill

I love the look of the Seibon CF grill, it is similar to the mugen without the badge. I suppose I COULD put some type of badge upfront but it would throw off the look IMO

Old 04-19-2014, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
I have a '07. There is a small Mugen badge on the front part of the grill. I tried to remove it with my fingernails and it seemed pretty hard. I suppose if I used floss, goo gone and took my time I could probably get it off. Why would you want to remove the badge though? If you're going to spend money on a Mugen part, keep the badge!

Originally Posted by Lance
I love the look of the Seibon CF grill, it is similar to the mugen without the badge. I suppose I COULD put some type of badge upfront but it would throw off the look IMO
Don't fake the funk. If you got a Seibon grill, leave it be. Don't try to rep Mugen when it's not legit.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
Honda has the Mugen grill that fits 09-11 USDM fits. Took this pic from my friend Wais its a Black Grill on a White car.

Originally Posted by SieGunso
you need to look for the 1 made for the honda fit shuttle. user xxryu139x has 1 installed on his
Shuttle Grill only fits 12-13 front ends this is FittedOnEm's 2012.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking about rocking this Mugen grill. I invested in Honda Type r badges and now decided I will remove my front one and stick it on my streering wheel instead.

I had some questions about this grill. You say it does not fit perfectly. How bad is the fit? I cannot stand gaps. Is there anyway to modify it so it sits flush? Did it clip in or did you have to use only double sided tape to mount it? Has anyone gotten this part to fit perfectly?

Old 06-12-2014, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
I had some questions about this grill. You say it does not fit perfectly. How bad is the fit? I cannot stand gaps. Is there anyway to modify it so it sits flush? Did it clip in or did you have to use only double sided tape to mount it? Has anyone gotten this part to fit perfectly?
If you can't stand ill fittment, you're going to hate this. The fitment is pretty bad. If I was given the choice all over again, I would not buy it.

The sides protrude out quite a bit, about a 2-3mm. Then the center part sits uncomfortably close to the hood. The whole thing was held on by double sided tape. I suppose if you wanted to shave down the sides and parts of the innards, it would be possible to make it sit more flush. However, I don't believe that it is worth it.

Save yourself the trouble and money and stick with your stock grill or get the J's racing one.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip. Ill fit meant bugs me I guess I will stay away from that.

I guess the J's racing one was designed for the Fit and will fit perfectly as it was designed for the car eh?

That just bugs me about Mugen. I wanted to have mugen parts on my Fit. But if they don't fit proper than what's the point? At least a mugen wing can't get screwed up on fitment lol.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Thanks for the tip. Ill fit meant bugs me I guess I will stay away from that.

I guess the J's racing one was designed for the Fit and will fit perfectly as it was designed for the car eh?

That just bugs me about Mugen. I wanted to have mugen parts on my Fit. But if they don't fit proper than what's the point? At least a mugen wing can't get screwed up on fitment lol.
The J's racing grill is pretty nice, but know that nothing is 100% perfect unless it's OEM. The J's racing grill though is about as close as you can get though. I think you'll like it.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
The J's racing grill is pretty nice, but know that nothing is 100% perfect unless it's OEM. The J's racing grill though is about as close as you can get though. I think you'll like it.
The reason why I am sketched our is because I originally invested $50 on a red Honda badge for the front. Don't want to remove that, replace it with something that is $300 and doesn't fit properly. You know? Seems like more of a waste and just better to keep the badge if there is fitment issues. I think I'll be trying the J's. It looks good. I like it. As long as it fits nearly perfect with know noticeable gaps and bulges I'll feel fine.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
I'll take a few pictures of the J's racing front grill that I have for the USDM Fit and see how you like the fitment.

EDIT:

Name:  29D06mk.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  911.0 KB

Name:  KTkfISN.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  812.6 KB

Last edited by EightyFour; 06-12-2014 at 07:26 PM.