Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Js Racing or Modulo front lip!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Js Racing or Modulo front lip!

Hey guys I'm looking into buying a new front lip for my car... so the question is what do you guys think is better... the modulo or the Js lip? If i get the modulo it comes painted and after shipping its almost $600 that being said if i get a Js Lip for the same price i can get the carbon lip... but i would honestly rather have a replica because its so expensive that the moment i scrape it i will cry lol. so that brings me to my last point! do you guys know where i can get a js replica lip that will fit the JDM bumper. Nextmod seems to have a decent deal for the replica but its made for the usdm... do you guys think this will fit the same way?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
I like the modulo since it's much more rare here in the states. I also like OEM parts. Having said that, the J's racing front lip is nice. Email Danyelle and she can give you a quote for the JDM front lip (she's a distributor). msfit1320@gmail.com

They have a non cf version if you are worried about scraping.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:07 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
I like the modulo since it's much more rare here in the states. I also like OEM parts. Having said that, the J's racing front lip is nice. Email Danyelle and she can give you a quote for the JDM front lip (she's a distributor). msfit1320@gmail.com

They have a non cf version if you are worried about scraping.
I actually have her phone number she's rad but the problem with the actual js lip is that after paint its probably around twice the price as a painted modulo lip.... i was looking into replica jdm fitment js lips because honestly i don't mind not having an "authentic" frp lip. The js lip vs any replica provides the exact same outcome...typically i only go for big name stuff when its either A. exclusive or B. there is a difference in quality that is significant. For instance i would never buy a replica mugen front bumper because the actual mugen one is made of Poly while the fake is made of fiberglass or some kind of resin that isn't up to the standard of the real one. Thank you though for the suggestion!

Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
The USDM J's/rep J's lip will not fit a JDM bumper.
If you can find an importer, you can probably get a Modulo lip from Yahoo Auctions or Upgarage for pretty cheap. Shipping may jack up the price though.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
very rare to find a Modulo lip for the 1.3/1.5s bumper, there are lots for the older bumpers and they are cheap on Yahoo, since I have the Modulo side skirts so I went with the front lip and very happy with it, nothing beats OEM fitment

Old 12-23-2014, 03:57 PM
I have quite strange question I guess, but is it possible to put a J's Racing splitter under Modulo lip? I mean oryginal or replica parts.