Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Now that everything is so close, we should bring up other topics and let Oscar do his thing.

I wanted to bring up something that I thought we would have fun talking about since the kits are almost home.

As for the BPV or DV that we are running on our kit, was this diverter valve specially made for this kit? Is KW the company that makes it? I remember JDMChris saying that it has a nice pisshhh sound, but is it loud or soft and hard to hear? Is it a flutter or a whistle sound? Can we run other applications of DV on the kits? If so, which do you guys know of that actually gives off a good sound to catch attention which is not a major thing but it something lots of us (and dont deny it) like to hear. lol

Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by SickFit
Now that everything is so close, we should bring up other topics and let Oscar do his thing.

I wanted to bring up something that I thought we would have fun talking about since the kits are almost home.

As for the BPV or DV that we are running on our kit, was this diverter valve specially made for this kit? Is KW the company that makes it? I remember JDMChris saying that it has a nice pisshhh sound, but is it loud or soft and hard to hear? Is it a flutter or a whistle sound? Can we run other applications of DV on the kits? If so, which do you guys know of that actually gives off a good sound to catch attention which is not a major thing but it something lots of us (and dont deny it) like to hear. lol
Technically you can use any type of BPV or BOV thats you like, but KW specifically used a bypass valve because it helps keep the fuel efficiency up while not in boost. Their FAQ puts it best.
Our supercharger uses a bypass valve, which allows the engine to run without seeing any boost until you mash the throttle. So highway cruise conditions keep the engine in closed loop control. Once you mash the throttle all of this changes. At the point where you create boost and the car goes into open loop condition it is your VE that is important. If you want to pass a vehicle in a stock NA car, you must drop a gear. This gets the car up in the rev range where the car makes power. But, these higher revs use fuel, and you are at 100% throttle position using the maximum amount of fuel for an extended period of time. You finally get around the car, but you were at full throttle, high rpm, trying to gain speed, for a long period of time. Now, if you have increased your engines power by 50+%, (improved VE) you will be able to stay in high gear, and pass them by going only part throttle at a much lower rpm, and do it quicker. Once you are back to cruise speed the bypass valve re-opens, and you are at the stock vehicle’s cruise efficiency.
so yea. see how much of a difference using a BOV makes and be sure to let us know lol... im sure it will be substantial.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit

I would love to run a BOV with the kit. i was looking at the greddy BOV's they seem to have a bunch that are rated at different psi. i don't know how it will bolt up though. if you look at the pick i posted of the kit there seems to be an attachment right by where the pipe connects to the TB. i wonder if that is for the KW bypass valve. if so i would hope i could just swap it out and have a BOV bolt right up. then you would also need to plug the holes in the piping where the bypass valve connects i think.

Funny haven't even got the thing yet and already we are talking about modding it.

That's the name of the game though custom!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
Technically you can use any type of BPV or BOV thats you like, but KW specifically used a bypass valve because it helps keep the fuel efficiency up while not in boost. Their FAQ puts it best.

so yea. see how much of a difference using a BOV makes and be sure to let us know lol... im sure it will be substantial.
i know how it works and great info too, but lets talk about noise here lol, just for the curb appeal

Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by leonine
I would love to run a BOV with the kit. i was looking at the greddy BOV's they seem to have a bunch that are rated at different psi. i don't know how it will bolt up though. if you look at the pick i posted of the kit there seems to be an attachment right by where the pipe connects to the TB. i wonder if that is for the KW bypass valve. if so i would hope i could just swap it out and have a BOV bolt right up. then you would also need to plug the holes in the piping where the bypass valve connects i think.

Funny haven't even got the thing yet and already we are talking about modding it.

Thats exactly what you would have to do, as well as mount it somewhere, unless your the type of guy who likes the "dangling" type of BOV (like all my VW friends lol). I think Im gonna stick with the BPV route, although i might swap it out for a different one eventually...

Old 05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Ah, sorry. My friend has an SSQV on his 1.8t (22lbs). That thing is LOUD (i believe the loudest on the market). It sounds like hes spinning his tires every time he shifts. Its just this loud squeak like he ran over a big-ass mouse or something. Personally I prefer the "echo"-ey sound some of them make, like a huge rush of air, and then flutters away.

(busy forum this mornin huh?)

Old 05-13-2008, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine

I saw the one on the Time attack Fit and it had a custom blow off valve on there. From what they say it is a necessary feature for higher boost applications. They also ended up recirculating it, but it actually continued to be a fairly loud blow off sound.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DynamicFit
I saw the one on the Time attack Fit and it had a custom blow off valve on there. From what they say it is a necessary feature for higher boost applications. They also ended up recirculating it, but it actually continued to be a fairly loud blow off sound.
Just what I want to hear

Old 05-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor
You guys have some decisions to make...
Kraftwerks USA Products

We will now have a Hondata reflash option. This option will not be available until June, but it would be the ultimate solution for Base Kit owners with additional upgrades.

If you can hold off on your header/cat upgrades until June, you could get the Base kit and use the SuperCard electronics until the Hondata reflash package is available. Then do the Hondata upgrade and put your headers on!

-OJR

Old 05-13-2008, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
Kraftwerks USA Products

We will now have a Hondata reflash option. This option will not be available until June, but it would be the ultimate solution for Base Kit owners with additional upgrades.

If you can hold off on your header/cat upgrades until June, you could get the Base kit and use the SuperCard electronics until the Hondata reflash package is available. Then do the Hondata upgrade and put your headers on!

-OJR

awesome! this is great news! for a/t as well?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM
what will the gain difference be? can it be used with the high boost kit? i cant get my kit for like 6 months so is there a possiblity?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Kraftwerks USA Products

-OJR
WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOW!

This option is AWESOME for you Base kit guys... especially if you want to upgrade to the Highboost later!

See... the Fit DOES have a speed limiter.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Omg...

Kraftwerks USA Products

-OJR
That couldnt be more perfect, thats exactly when I was planning on getting the injector upgrade anyway! Does chris's s2k killer have the hondata reflash? what kind of #s would you say we'll be able to get with this?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
That couldnt be more perfect, thats exactly when I was planning on getting the injector upgrade anyway! Does chris's s2k killer have the hondata reflash? what kind of #s would you say we'll be able to get with this?
Yes I have it. Keep in mind im not at 5#... but im not at 10# either

Old 05-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Yes I have it. Keep in mind im not at 5#... but im not at 10# either
I see, you went with the 6# T1R turbo, i knew it!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I see, you went with the 6# T1R turbo, i knew it!!!
haha... Cant use Hondata with that kit... KW FO LYFE! K THX BIE

Old 05-13-2008, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Some simple math tells me the high boost kit could be pretty expensive. $3500 base kit + $400 injectors + $1000 Hondata = $4900.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
just read up on the site...man this is awesome! but man...its NOT cheap. For that price, it better do some amazing things!

Old 05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Some simple math tells me the high boost kit could be pretty expensive. $3500 base kit + $400 injectors + $1000 Hondata = $4900.

the highboost already includes hondata.

i thought it had the bigger injectors too?

remember these are upgrade packages for base kit guys.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Does the Honda reflash kit come with injectors? I'm so confused now!!

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1