Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v3.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
Arrow KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v3.0

KraftWerks Fit Supercharger Kits

Fit MT Base Kit
Included Items:
• Rotrex C15-60 Supercharger at 5 PSI*
• Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
• KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
• KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
• KraftWerks SuperCard Engine Management Unit
• KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Discharge Piping
• KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
• KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
• KraftWerks 5-Rib Belt
• KraftWerks Brackets and Hardware
AVAILABLE NOW!

Fit AT Base Kit Included Items:
• Rotrex C15-16 Supercharger at 5 PSI*
• Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
• KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
• KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
• KraftWerks SuperCard Engine Management Unit
• KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Discharge Piping
• KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
• KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
• KraftWerks 5-Rib Belt
• KraftWerks Brackets and Hardware
PRE-ORDER NOW!

*Boost level is determined at sea level, and can change depending on modifications, weather, altitude, etc.

-CARB Pending-

About KraftWerks:
KraftWerks was started to house all of our Rotrex-powered supercharger kits by Jackson Racing. We believe the Rotrex product will be able to grow with this brand into the future.

KraftWerks is made up of us at Jackson Racing, with Oscar Jackson Sr. at the helm and the rest of our Jackson Racing supercharger engineers. The same quality and technology that you have known of JR, will be with KraftWerks, and will be better than ever. We have improved our supercharger design techniques and have learned quite a bit on the Rotrex supercharger from recent testing.

KraftWerks will establish its own distribution by the time of the release of our new kits. No other companies will be responsible for the distribution of KraftWerks supercharger kits.

We appreciate the support of the Fit community very much! We are very excited about our new venture, and hope the Fit community is ready for some boost!!

The Fuel Electronics:
The new SuperCard utilizes newer software than our previous PowerCard. Also, the SuperCard is not a "basemap" to get you to a dyno or to "get you down the road." Also, the SuperCard really isn't a "piggyback" by traditional standards.

We spend a lot of time testing to get the electronics to work perfect across a whole range of situations; much like a typical OEM manufacturer tests their cars to work across a range of situations. We take pride in our SuperCard electronics and other electronics. We have revolutionized a new way of tuning vehicles.

The reason they are so small? That's because we use cell-phone technology, to make small chips and boards. This makes it simple for our customer to install, and it works seamlessly with the vehicle; at all throttle positions, all altitudes, all temperatures, all conditions.

To produce a CARB-legal product, it has to work. But we take it a step further and not just pass CARB regulations, we make it so it performs on the track, at full throttle, on the street, idling in traffic.

The SuperCard sees injector duty cycle output and manifold pressure. The SuperCard contains proprietary software that is able to determine proper management for all different types of conditions.

General KraftWerks Kit Information:
-The KraftWerks kits and Rotrex supercharger have a 2 year warranty.

-The Base and High-Boost kits are made to be used on completely stock engine components.

-There will be an upgrade path from Base kit to High-Boost kit.

-High-Boost kit information is not available currently.

-Any aftermarket cat-back exhaust can be used with the KraftWerks kits.

-Test pipes can be used, but in conjunction with our Injector Upgrade Pack.

-The stock MAP sensor is utilized in both the Base and High-Boost kits. No problems using the stock MAP sensor.

-The KraftWerks kits use a single belt in the system. We have had great belt life, and no issues with our belt drive. We recommend having an extra belt at home, or in the trunk on a long trip. Having a spare belt also makes it easier when you decide to change your belt. You can change it instantly, and then order another spare or two from us while you drive around on your fresh new belt.

-We include an automatic tensioner with our kit (stock car uses a manual tensioner) to help increase constant belt tension and reduce belt slipping. The automatic tensioner also increases belt life.
We have had excellent wear (meaning low wear), and have had no belt related issues. But I would expect to change the belt a little more often than stock, because the supercharged belt must work a bit harder.

-Fuel Electronics are always standard with our kits, and require no additional tuning.

-Automatic Fits will be able to get the Base kit.

-A/C is fully-retained

-Our kits have no check engine lights and are a full bolt-on system. Your factory OBDII system will work as normal with our kit.

-We will confirm international compatibility once our production pieces our available. We will be sending these pieces to Rotrex partners throughout the world to check Right Hand Drive Fit/Jazz. We believe that we should have no problems.Unfortunately, the kit will be available in North America only upon initial release. We will get out international testing complete, and then the kit will be available to all Fit/Jazz owners...

-In order to meet CARB specs, we have used the stock injectors with our SuperCard unit. And these stock injectors have been our big limitation, and we have reached the limit for the little Fit injectors at 121whp. Remember this is the Base CARB pending kit. This kit is to be used with a stock header and cat.

We will be offering an injector upgrade package for those that want to do a header and cat-delete, and it will work directly with the Base kit. The upgrade pack is plug and play, and is a low $399.99.

We will be releasing a Hondata Reflash package in June as another option for header/cat-delete Fits. This reflash will add many new features for the Fit, including raised rev limit, removed speed governor, adjusted VTEC, etc. This option will also be upgradeable to the High-Boost kit!

We have tested a few different cat-backs, and they all have shown minimal gain. On a S2000, for example, we found a cat-back system that lost over 50 WHP!! The biggest performance gain you can do for your Base SC Fit is ultra-light wheels and high-performance tires.

The Rotrex Supercharger:
-The Rotrex is small; about the size of the turbo it competes against. It has a traction drive, but is sans the turbine of course.

-The Rotrex drive system is a planetary traction drive system. This patented drive allows the Rotrex to spin to extremely high RPMs. There is some calculated slip in the system, but it is very small. This drive has no cut gears, which allows the Rotrex to be ultra quiet.

-The traction drive system has been tested to over 500,000RPM! Compressors wheels will not live at that RPM though. The smallest Rotrex unit spins at 201,000 RPM all day long!

-It uses the same compressor wheels and housings as its turbo opponents, because the drive system can turn the proper RPMs.

-The Rotrex supercharger pumps its own Rotrex SX100 oil, so there is no need to tap the oil pan or add an oil pump. A small Rotrex reservoir is included, along with a small oil cooler for the Rotrex oil.

-The Rotrex SX100 traction oil should be replaced every 50,000 miles or 2 years. If you are doing some heavy track abuse, I recommend changing the oil more often. The bottle included with the kit will cover your first 50,000 miles or so under normal conditions.

-The ratio in the Rotrex supercharger never varies. The C15-60 supercharger used on the Fit kit has a 12.67:1 ratio.

-The supercharger pulley size changes the speed of the Rotrex, just like any other traditional supercharger.

The "Injector Package" runs used an aftermarket header, cat-delete, and full exhaust.

Stock (Red) vs Base Kit with Injector Package (Blue)

Base Kit with Stock Header, Stock Cat, Stock Exhaust (Red) vs Base Kit with Injector Package (Blue)

More information added.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 07-03-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
need more pics of the kit installed.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
great info
numbers look incredible for injector package

but i think i'm going to wait for hondata package to release
so i can pick up the sc then
i want 'revised vtec' and 'higher revs' :drooooool:

-Ricky

Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 PM
So Mpg With The Supercharger Is Virtually The Same Right?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:36 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
So Mpg With The Supercharger Is Virtually The Same Right?
My best tank of gas at 5psi was 41mpg.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:36 PM
so.....no injector upgrade for having just a cat-back exhaust??? cool, i may just go this route whenever i decide to plunge into a SC. i dont wanna fool with the injectors anyway, ive heard its a PITA.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:44 PM
OMG THATS CRAZY..ALL I HAVE IS EXHAUST AAND I GET 33MPG..WHILL BEING SLOW AND 27-29GOING SUPER QUICK..WELL AS QUICK AS AN "AT" FIT CAN GO.LOL
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
My best tank of gas at 5psi was 41mpg.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gmayronne
so.....no injector upgrade for having just a cat-back exhaust??? cool, i may just go this route whenever i decide to plunge into a SC. i dont wanna fool with the injectors anyway, ive heard its a PITA.
yeah catback is cool no injector upgrade required

so is that true about injectors?
for the guys that have injectors installed i'm guessing the only real pain is removing the intake manifold?

-Ricky

Old 05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor
The injector change is not difficult, and is fairly straight forward.

-OJR

Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
The injector change is not difficult, and is fairly straight forward.

-OJR
The upgrade is not difficult but it is time consuming as it's a very very tight area and the new injectors are bigger than the stock ones. For a first timer installing these it make take about 2 hours realistically unless you have very small and very strong hands

Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
My first tank with the A/T "BETA" kit installed was 33mpg and I was running the A/C allot. The power with the KW kit is great on hills, getting on the freeway, etc, is no problem now. REMEMBER this is the BETA kit, KW will be making some changes in the next few weeks.
AC

Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 PM
so its more annoying and time consuming than it is diffacult? thats cool, im patient. i want this kit now so bad but money is tight and most of it is going towards a new condo, i wish Kraftworks offerred a "lay-away" program to where i could just slowly pay it off then have it shipped . oh well, just gonna have to create a seperate bank account for this one....and Kraftworks, please dont stop making these....i NEED FI on the FIT, id much rather do that than dump potentially $1000s into bolt-on upgrades that give moderate results.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
I pulled the trigger on a T1R header order -- soon as I have it, I'll order the injector upgrade, and then wait impatiently for July...

Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
so its more annoying and time consuming than it is diffacult? thats cool, im patient. i want this kit now so bad but money is tight and most of it is going towards a new condo, i wish Kraftworks offerred a "lay-away" program to where i could just slowly pay it off then have it shipped . oh well, just gonna have to create a seperate bank account for this one....and Kraftworks, please dont stop making these....i NEED FI on the FIT, id much rather do that than dump potentially $1000s into bolt-on upgrades that give moderate results.
HONESTLY IT DOESNT REALLY TAKE THAT LONG. JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:41 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
HONESTLY IT DOESNT REALLY TAKE THAT LONG. JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

BTW sorry for the caps.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
its cool JDMChris, i know ya didnt mean anything bad by it. for me it would be more time consuming simply because im not as adept as many other people are around here at working on cars. more than likely, i will have the installation professionally done....both the SC and injectors. unfortunately i gotta play the waiting game because i dont have the money to just dump on one of these just yet.....any chance they may offer some sort of "lay away" program in the future???.....would make it easier no doubt, but i imagine im S.O.L. on that one.....its cool though, im patient and saving money isnt that diffacult for me.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
what is everyone doing about the warranty? no one wants to keep the warranty on their fits going? I mean, I want a sc so bad but if something happened I would be screwed.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I am waiting 2-3 years to get the supercharger so I have time to save up money and get some really nice stuff and also so my warranty is also closer to its end.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
see thats what I was gonna do but now I realize I have 12k on my fit and I have had it since november... 36k isnt gonna take 3 years but i guess that means good for the supercharger

Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Does kraftwerks install this kit if we take our fits to them? Where and how much if so?

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v3.0