Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Thank you kraftwerks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you kraftwerks!

First off, I just want to give a huge THANK YOU to the team over at kraftwerks!

I had bought a USED low boost MT kit off of another forum member here who had run the rotrex unit dry and the unit seized. I picked up a new supercharger/oil filter/air filter/reservoir from kraftwerks so all the important parts of the kit were new. I installed the unit over a weekend an ended up with a one in a million issue with the rotrex unit. kraftwerks replaced the unit with a brand new unit no problem.
I got the new unit installed and took it for its first test drive. I experienced problems with the car having good power under part throttle but not under full throttle. So I gave them a call again and explained the issues I was having with the car and they said they would take a look at the install. I had the car towed out to their shop first thing this morning and they said I had everything hooked up properly and that the install looked great, so they hooked it up to the dyno and right then they could see there was a problem, vacuum was not registering! The supercard was not seeing any vacuum or boost! Oscar Sr. checked the (local auto part store) T fitting that was in the vacuum line and it was not molded correctly! The T was only flowing air in 2 of the 3 outlets, so my boost gauge was getting vac and boost but that was the end of the line. These lines were all pre-assembled from the previous installation, so I can only assume the previous owner had trouble with the kit as well since this T was originally for his boost gauge. Oscar replaced all vac lines with oem quality line that is shipped with the kit and installed a oem quality T fitting. The power loss at full throttle was from the car not having fuel and running lean! Very scary, as the motor could have popped! Oscar said the reason I wasn't seeing a cell pop up for the lean condition was that the car has to go through 3 cycles of start up with lean conditions first.

AGAIN, I can't thank kraftwerks enough! There dedication to putting out the quality piece of kit for our car and backing it 100% is nothing short of an amazing company, they love what they do and I think you would be hard pressed to find a company more knowledgeable to buy from. They went out of their way BIG TIME to help someone with a USED kit. They had every right to turn me away but they didn't! They have me as a customer for life!

Oh and the car made 3 great pulls and worked awsome! I will post the dyno once I get it.

This is an example of the piece that was molded wrong
Name:  screen-capture-2.png
Views: 186
Size:  407.5 KB

This is what the OEM quality piece looked like that kraftwerks replaced it with
Name:  screen-capture-1-1.png
Views: 205
Size:  272.4 KB

Last edited by lcq4blackstar; 05-21-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
If a company turned away a customer who spent thousands on a replacement supercharger & other bits, that would be ridiculous.

Good to hear your problem is fixed... can you explain what "not having good power under full throttle" means in a little more detail?

Old 05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
If a company turned away a customer who spent thousands on a replacement supercharger & other bits, that would be ridiculous.
Sorry, I have to disagree... It is NOT their responsibility to look over the kit, now if I paid them to do the install and had issues your right, I would hold the installer responsible. This was ultimately MY fault as the bad "T" wasn't part of the kit and I am the one who carried it over from the previous owners install.

Originally Posted by Koi
Good to hear your problem is fixed... can you explain what "not having good power under full throttle" means in a little more detail?
Under full throttle the car felt as though it didn't have a supercharger at all.

Last edited by lcq4blackstar; 05-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
I saw you there.... i had a similar issue, but it was the supercard (My fault). OJ and OJ jr fixed it. they know there products. Great customer service

Old 05-26-2010, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by da9r00d
I saw you there.... i had a similar issue, but it was the supercard (My fault). OJ and OJ jr fixed it. they know there products. Great customer service
Good to hear they got your car all fixed up too!

Old 10-15-2010, 11:04 PM
^^ Good Good Good

Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
Guess its time for an update...

This is sort of a review if you will of my experience with the base kit after 6 months.

First off, I'd like to say this is a very well put together kit and I have been quite happy with it in these past 6 months. So I bought a used kit of of another forum member with a bad supercharger. I picked up a new supercharger unit and the missing odds and ends to make this kit complete from Kraftwerks. I ended up with a troubled first unit and received another from Kraftwerks. Once I got the car up and running I ran into other issues stated in the first couple posts because of a plastic T tap... I had the car towed out to Kraftwerks shop to have it looked over. Once there and after visual inspection the car was put on the dyno, there Jackson Sr. found the faulty T was blocking flow to the supercard. Thanks to them for getting the car up and running! I will say that I ended up spending the same amount of money when it was all said and done as I would have if I had just bought a new kit from them...
I bought this kit because I was fed up with the performance but love the fit. I cant tell you how many times I told my wife we were going to sell it and buy an S2000. My wife and I both love the cars looks and interior size so to give that up for an S2000 was not a reality though. The kit is so well designed that I don't have to worry that something will go wrong and she will keep driving and pop the motor or anything.
The drive-ability of this supercharger is great! Nothing like the ON/OFF of a turbo. If you are turned off of boosted cars because of this, the Rotrex is for you. There is a super annoying oscillation sound from the 5psi restriction plate at -10vac, so much so when I took my co-worker to San Diego I was down right embarrassed when he pointed it out. It is one thing that really bugs me about the kit and I hate that its down played so much (the unit will NEVER be OEM until they can dampen this!). The only other issue's I have with the kit is that the supercard splice in is 3 visible wires with T taps right on top of the throttle body. There should have been a more elegant way to do this as the rest of the kit is up to OEM quality. The last thing really isnt on Kraftwerks but is an issue with a clamp holding the AC line out of the way of the belt. With better/stiffer motor mounts this clamp shouldn't snap any more.
When I was on the base kit my only other modifications were 2" DC sports catback and Denso one step colder plugs.

Good:
- OEM like drive-ability
- OEM like install (fit and finish)
- Exactly what I wanted and well worth the money

Bad:
- Super annoying oscillation sound from the 5psi restriction plate
- STILL NOT CARB LEGAL...
- Bad design of super card splice into factory wires

Since then I have now decided to push this supercharger as far as I can in steps. I am now running MDX 410CC injectors, AEM F/IC, 4-2-1 catless (soon to be race cat) header, and currently working on 2 1/2" exhaust. I've got a boost gauge, AEM wideband gauge, Torque App monitoring all other parameters through OBDII. I am running 10PSI on this setup. Once the exhaust is finished I'll be doing a custom front mount intercooler, relocating the battery to the rear of the car, and relocating the intake to drivers side of the engine bay. I've got 75A motor mounts on the way. My future modifications after those are clutch, flywheel, LSD, and 15" SSR comp-C's. I will be moving on from the F/IC to AEM's full standalone to bump the rev limit up. At this stage I am sure I'll end up picking up a second motor to start building the internals, 15psi and possibly meth injection along with DBW removal and custom intake manifold.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
where did you get the 75a mm's from?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lcq4blackstar
AGAIN, I can't thank kraftwerks enough! There dedication to putting out the quality piece of kit for our car and backing it 100% is nothing short of an amazing company, they love what they do and I think you would be hard pressed to find a company more knowledgeable to buy from. They went out of their way BIG TIME to help someone with a USED kit. They had every right to turn me away but they didn't! They have me as a customer for life!
They are a great team with a nice product. Now if only they would develop a high-boost system for the GE8 series Fit. I would love to become a customer.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
where did you get the 75a mm's from?
Here is the manufacture:
05+ Honda Fit/Jazz Replacement Mount Kit

Here is the best price I could find, still waiting for a response about the 75A version...
http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/10850.html

Google search for a 10.00 off promo code...

I've pulled my mounts today to see if I wanted to buy them or just remove all the rubber and fill the factory mounts with urethane. all but the passenger mount won't be a problem so I might just fill them. If I do decide to to redo the passenger mount I'll have to make a jig to hold the bolt in the proper spot and also figure out how to mold the cone shape that its in.

If anyone wants to see a DIY on how to do this and what supplies you'll need you can check here: DIY solid motor mounts - a different approach - evolutionm.net

Here is a link I came across posted on fitfreak, its skunkwerks doing something similar Skunk2 Racing: Skunk2 How-To: '06+ CIVIC Si Solid Engine Mount

Old 05-10-2011, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Did the mounts, you can read about it in this thread:https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post991885

Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Wish I had started a thread just for the progress of my car but I'll just use this thread for that as it kind of follows my car since the supercharger...

Anyway I've not been on the site for a while as I picked up a new toy.
Name:  IMAG1250.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  137.1 KB

So on the fit I've put on a Seibon carbon spoon style spoiler. I've also done the rubber "lip" on the front and side skirts to improve airflow under the car. I am surprised how much it has stabilized the car in crosswinds I'm sure it somewhat helps on gas mileage too.

Name:  IMAG0233.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0232.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  81.1 KB

I still need to get on setting up the front mount soon and getting a dyno tune. I've just been having too much fun with the new car though.

Last edited by lcq4blackstar; 06-13-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice Crossfire. What is the name of that color and is it a SRT-6 model?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you, the color is "graphite metallic" and yes it's the SRT-6. You can tell the SRT version by the fixed wing and a front lip. The regular crossfire's wing retracts and the bumper is rounded instead. I've since installed a twin intake setup and re-valved Koni shocks since I picked it up 3 weeks ago.

Name:  twinintake.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  59.0 KB

Made 331HP and 310TQ @ the wheels with the intake.

Last edited by lcq4blackstar; 06-13-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
You're welcome. I had a feeling it was an SRT because of the lip, but wasn't sure because of the wing. The designers at Chrysler definitely were in the right mind state when designing the SRT-6 version by not going over the top with the exterior like other companies *cough* BMW's M Division *cough*.

I do dig the twin intake setup and even more surprised that it actually makes that much power. What size is the supercharged V6? I used to say to myself that these need a 5 or 6 speed M/T and a Hemi... but after seeing those numbers not so much anymore.

Back on topic though, how are you liking your Fit with the KWSC 5lb kit after having it over a year? Anything have to be looked at besides the engine mounts like adjusting the belt tension, changing the engine oil sooner, anything along those lines?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
You're welcome. I had a feeling it was an SRT because of the lip, but wasn't sure because of the wing. The designers at Chrysler definitely were in the right mind state when designing the SRT-6 version by not going over the top with the exterior like other companies *cough* BMW's M Division *cough*.

The car is actually a Mercedes SLK 32AMG chassis code R170 model. The chassis is then sent to Karmann coach builders for the body and interior. The car is 100% German and shipped to the US. There were only 2016 Coups and 880 or so convertible SRT-6's ever built.

I do dig the twin intake setup and even more surprised that it actually makes that much power. What size is the supercharged V6? I used to say to myself that these need a 5 or 6 speed M/T and a Hemi... but after seeing those numbers not so much anymore.
3.2L Twin Scroll supercharger motor.

These cars are in the 11's with a pulley, intake, open exhaust and a tune. That being said I care nothing for drag racing!
I agree that it would have been cool to have a manual 6, but the trans is built up for this car compared to the non-SRT. Also an owner was able to install paddle shifters, so guess what my "soon to be done mod" will be.

There are AMG V8 swaps available if you've got the funds... even a 4G63 non-SRT coupe has been done!

Back on topic though, how are you liking your Fit with the KWSC 5lb kit after having it over a year? Anything have to be looked at besides the engine mounts like adjusting the belt tension, changing the engine oil sooner, anything along those lines?

I'm running 10lbs actually and will go 12+ once I get the front mount on. I haven't had to do a single thing to the car since the supercharger was installed. I run AMSoil with OEM honda filters. I did the Trans fluid when I did the supercharger as well. I also run AMSoil "Dominator"coolant boost for the radiator. To be honest I have never had one issue with this car supercharger or not.

Last edited by lcq4blackstar; 06-14-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
It's always good to hear companies backing up their products like this...especially US companies.