General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh yah, make sure to wash the car and then remove all wax/old sealant using either rubbing alcohol damped MF towel, or Griot's PaintPrep prior to applying HydroMax. even though it's in a spray form, use it as if u are applying paste wax/sealant.

i suppose u can try dawn soap, but ive gotten brown stains on my white car in the past after washing some road/bug spots, so i only use rubbing alcohol or griot's paint prep and go panel by panel to remove old wax/sealants.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
did the first oil change on my wife's GK this pm. im not sure wat the fuss is about removing the lower shroud. there's much less screws to remove vs my other cars, so not a big deal.

the rear plastic screw/tab thing is a pita and a pos getting it back on the car though. think next time im going to find a push-tab (push rivet) to replace those.

i forget how the oil filter was oriented on the GD and GE, but on the GK it's tilted upward... which is basically a TERRIBLE idea as the entire filter gets coated by the old oil as u turn the filter loose. lol whoever approved dat orientation at honda should be weggied on a daily basis.

washed the car afterwards, also washed the engine bay using Griot's engine cleaner.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
went to recycle the old oils this pm in the GK. engine rev goes up, i kept asking myself when is this car going to shift? kept checking to make sure the car was in "D". lol

Old 03-27-2016, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
swapped the husky liners to the factory carpet ones as it's getting warmer.

washed the liners and applied Prima Nero on the driver mat as it was the most dirty as expected. the liners showed barely any sign of wear besides some surface scuffing from boots which was expected. no major wear, im impressed. it will most-likely out last the Aries liners i had in my GE.

I have the same Husky liner series in my dd. no issue on that car as well.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I see Cobb parts in your future.
I did the AccessPort last night. Will take it out for a spin later on. Maybe tomorrow.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Your swap to the cloth mats killed spring!

Snowing like crazy up here now

Old 04-02-2016, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
LOL! hahaha oooops!!

Old 04-12-2016, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
wife sent me a text she got a 5mm or so rock chip on the GK's windshield from a rock hit on the expressway.
ordered one of those rainex repair kits..will see how good/bad it works.

which reminds me... i need to PDR a front plate frame on my car..

Old 04-15-2016, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Old 04-17-2016, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
washed the GK with dish soap, polished off all the rail dust on the front, sides, and rear of the car, then sealed the entire car including the plastics and seals with prima's HydroMax spray sealant.

very nice finish.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
took some air out of the GK's tires today. temps are gradually rising now. i could tell the tires were getting a tad stiff while driving it the other day.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
just wanted report back on how Prima's HydroMax is doing on the GK's paint.

i have this stupid little tree (which i might just kill next spring lol) right next to the GK that's been blowing tiny flower petals all over the car.

without the sealant, once the petal is stuck to the paint it is about as hard to remove as tree sap.. but with the HydroMax the petal would either just slide off without sticking, or if the petal stuck to the car due to rain water beads i was able to easily remove them with a squirt of QD, no elbow grease. very cool. very effective product.

after 3 rain storms the car is still looking fairly clean as rain water washes off the dust too. will use Griot's Brilliant Shine car wash next month to reinforce.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
anything new going on with u guys?

ive not done anything with the GK in a while. might clean the interior tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
I get the S2000 back from the body shop tomorrow, very excited! So ready to have it sorted & enjoy it without dumping all my free income into it for a while!

How's the STI? Have the Z/G out yet?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I get the S2000 back from the body shop tomorrow, very excited! So ready to have it sorted & enjoy it without dumping all my free income into it for a while!

How's the STI? Have the Z/G out yet?
That sounds exciting! Yah been taking the G to work. I want to just drive the rest of the life out of the car before I retire it and just take my STI to work all yr long. The G is still solid so might take a few yrs. lol

Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
That sounds exciting! Yah been taking the G to work. I want to just drive the rest of the life out of the car before I retire it and just take my STI to work all yr long. The G is still solid so might take a few yrs. lol
lulz! That thing will last a long time the way you treat it!

Old 05-11-2016, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
lulz! That thing will last a long time the way you treat it!
Hahaha that may be so.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
ive been taking the GK to work a few days as i needed to carry visitors to lunch, etc.

the car does fine in congestion, i like that the cvt has a slower creep speed than the old GE's AT. i dont have to hit the brakes as often while in a bumper to bumper crawl.

in manual mode the thing is nearly impossible to drive smoothly in a crawl. unlike MT cars where i can control the throttle and engine braking very precisely and smoothly, the torque converter looses pressure as soon as i gently let off the throttle and while crawling in virtual 2nd gear speeds, the CVT auto 'down shifts' to virtual 1st abruptly making crawling a very tiresome experience. it's better to just keep the thing in auto mode.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
I was driving this huge full sized SUV for a biz trip last week, i got in my GK when i got back to the office.. the car felt super low like a sports car. haha dat was pretty funny cause my other cars are much lower yet this car felt ground hugging low. by the time i got home i got use to the ride height so when i pulled out my sports car the next day, felt regular low..nothing spectacular. oh well.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
went to the super market in the GK half asleep... the cvt for the first time felt right to me. haha

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?