General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Old 08-03-2015, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
thanks for the sympathies. yah, it was kinda sad cause my wife hasn't even driven the new GK yet. i went over all the features with her this am after installing the self dimming mirror and she was going to take it out this afternoon when the sudden storm came in just moments before she was going to leave.

quarter sized hail. my house sounded like it was getting pegged by rocks.

anyway my wife cracked up that now she doesn't have to worry about putting the first scratch on the car. lol

i was checking access points on the roof but due to the side curtain airbag module, i think i'm going to need to pull it from outside instead.
Ouch! That's no good man... especially since you JUST got the dang car.

If I remember right, the PDR crew that came in after a hail storm hit ended up hot gluing and pulling dings that ran along the major body pillar for that exact reason (the side airbags).

If you need any info on pulling interior panels during the PDR, let me know. I may be able to help you out there.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Ouch! That's no good man... especially since you JUST got the dang car.

If I remember right, the PDR crew that came in after a hail storm hit ended up hot gluing and pulling dings that ran along the major body pillar for that exact reason (the side airbags).

If you need any info on pulling interior panels during the PDR, let me know. I may be able to help you out there.
thanks, hootie. I appreciate that. yah, im not going to be poking around the airbag module for sure.

at least my insurance guy is cool and he got the GK registered into their system, now i need to wait a few days for the docs to go through their HQ. hope to file to their claims center before the week's over.

so i wont be working on either cars probably till next week.

so today, wife's taking the car in to get the driver seat power window fixed and steering wheel straightened..hopefully they can do that today.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Going to pickup the '16 after its first warranty repair later today. they gave my wife a loaner which was nice.

tomorrow, taking my '12 to the insurance place to get an estimate on the hail damage. will see how much they're willing to cover me.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
next week is my '12's 3 yr anniversary. too bad the car was pretty much scratch/dingless until the other day. lol

also need to do its oil change pretty soon. i got them raceramps with extensions earlier in the year.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
so one thing i noticed while i was installing the wheel locks the other day on the GK was that the valve stems were those cheap rubber standard stems. i read that the abs sensors are now used as tpms sensors. okay fine, but wat about turning off dynamic stability control?

i cant remember seeing a switch to turn it off. will check again tonight.

also need to program the door locks so that the driver lever does NOT unlock all 4 doors when the lever is pulled after engine-off. such a stupid default feature they programmed from a safety point of view. talk about purses getting stolen from the passenger seat at the gas pump while wife is on the driver side pumping gas.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
was checking out the dents on my 12's roof today while wiping bird crap off... it's going to be difficult to get much over my 500 deductible.. damage on my car isnt nearly as bad as the GK, only 14 minor dents. there is no damage to the hood as i parked close to the house that day.

im happy in one sense that i can fix it fairly quickly.
im not happy that ill probably have to dish out of pocket the glues and my time... my insurance is going to get off easy on this car.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
We've got a 6 speed on our lot right now actually! haha

I'm currently waiting for the 2016s to get here. Rumor has it from my sales manager that they are ALL coming from Japan... Though I am a bit leery about this. On the other hand, I have read on a post through here that about 40k are supposed to be made in Japan. So who knows...

Best of luck on your search.
I saw a 2016 on my dealer's lot Yesterday. "Made in Mexico".

Old 08-04-2015, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
got the 16' back. the power window is fixed, lol'ed at their work order but oh well, probably didnt want the truth coming out that the 2 fasteners holding the glass bracket loosened and fell off the regulator assembly, or the glass just separated from its brackets. they stated they lubed the seals. lubing the seals will not fix the problem i had. the glass was completely loose.

if this was on my '12 or my other cars out of warranty, i wouldve just fixed it myself. i didnt want the dealer voiding my warranty from traces of me removing the wrap inside the door panel to access the window regulator only to find that the glass had cracked at the bracket or something requiring a replacement part.

they did not fix the steering wheel not straight issue stating that the car is tracking straight per spec. the car tracks straight, i agree.. but the steering wheel is cocked. maybe in mexico slightly off is OK. i dont know, my wife doesnt care and it's her car so im just going to let this one go.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
I can tell you that doing warranty alignments are a b*tch due to additional steps. Most techs hate doing the because a weight system needs to be strapped on the steering wheel, angle incline gauge stuck on and sticker put on the steering column and wheel... JUST to determine how far off center the wheel is. Then even more steps are required depending on the results of this initial test/check.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
I can tell you that doing warranty alignments are a b*tch due to additional steps. Most techs hate doing the because a weight system needs to be strapped on the steering wheel, angle incline gauge stuck on and sticker put on the steering column and wheel... JUST to determine how far off center the wheel is. Then even more steps are required depending on the results of this initial test/check.
yah, but considering you can only adjust the front toe on these fits (GK too right?) it is a very easy fix compared to other cars with more complicated suspension systems.

it's not a big deal so it's fine. it's cocked to my eyes, but i didnt even notice it during the test drive so my wife will never notice it.

anyway, got a call from the wife that the TPMS lamp came on. WTF mang, when is all these minor bullshitt going to end? hahaha. i knew the rear right tire was low when i check on sunday, added air. it was fine that afternoon, but i guess there is a slow leak. i had her press the TPMS button to reset, it didnt come on during the last 10min of her trip but i am pretty sure it will come on again.

wife's going to take it into the tire shop after her work.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
came home with a few hundred. im happy, will start the repairs tonight, hopefully finish before the weekend. Will do 5 dents per day.

Next week, taking in the GK.

btw, that TPMS light on the GK was probably a false warning. my wife took it to the local tire shop on her way back, they measured the tires for her and noted none were low. wtf... im going to check again later tonight.

Old 08-05-2015, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
btw, forgot to mention... the GK does have a TCS button to turn off traction control.

considering it has the abs sensor TPMS, so much easier to swap between summer and winter wheels.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
4 dings fixed on my GE. will work on it again tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yah, tire store was right about the GK. All psi measured 33.4 to 34.0 depending on how the sun hit it.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yup, that's precisely how the GK's TPMS works. There's no longer any concern for having a non functional stability system when swapping wheels out. The VSA has its own button to disengage (located below the econ button)... presuming that you've gotten a CVT model.

Tire pressure is staggered on thsee oddly. 33 front, 32 rear.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
Yup, that's precisely how the GK's TPMS works. There's no longer any concern for having a non functional stability system when swapping wheels out. The VSA has its own button to disengage (located below the econ button)... presuming that you've gotten a CVT model.

Tire pressure is staggered on thsee oddly. 33 front, 32 rear.
yah, the wife's GK is CVT.

is the MT version the same with the VSA button and all?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
alright, so i got the GK setup for next week to get the claim adjuster's estimate. hope to start repairing that car by end of next week.

going to do 5-6 dents on my GE tonight. i checked my work this am, the 4 i fixed last night. looks good. i hate using glue pullers as it's time consuming, and not accurate like my regular PDR tools. regular PDR tools i can push within one mm. plus by end of the day after work, my eyes are tired.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
anyway, i expect to be done with the GE by tomorrow evening, given no rain... or no additional hail.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Man I wish I had the skill (and patience) to do PDR. The GD3 needs some attention in that area.

Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, the wife's GK is CVT.

is the MT version the same with the VSA button and all?
Ah I see. The M/T version only lacks the Econ button... everything else (excluding paddles on the steering wheel) is the same to its comparable trim level.

I wish Honda made a Sport trim or EX-L manual in all honesty. That would likely be my new daily as I'm retiring the GD from daily use soon.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Man I wish I had the skill (and patience) to do PDR. The GD3 needs some attention in that area.

Ah I see. The M/T version only lacks the Econ button... everything else (excluding paddles on the steering wheel) is the same to its comparable trim level.

I wish Honda made a Sport trim or EX-L manual in all honesty. That would likely be my new daily as I'm retiring the GD from daily use soon.
yah, PDR using glue pullers is really not my style, i hate it. but i now got 11 dents out so im on my last stretch. im off tomorrow so going to start early and get this over with, and wash/polish the car.

thanks for the info on the MT GK. you know, i really like this new GK. my wife likes the car too and no TPMS false warning today. hope to get its dents out by next weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?