Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Meet The Cardis! (2016 Honda Fit LX)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Meet The Cardis! (2016 Honda Fit LX)

2016 Honda Fit LX (Automatic) in Aegan Blue Metallic.

Meet The Cardis. It's blue and bigger on the inside. I have great plans for this sexy thing.

I'm an electronics hobbyist. I've never done any car modding, but I sure do have a lot of fun blinky lights and leds and EL Wire lying around. I think I'm up to the task.

You'll have to stay tuned though because I just got my Fit yesterday. I've bit the bullet and ordered some black and blue custom Clazzio seat covers, courtesy of the excellent advice on this forum. Speaking of your advice, that center console absolutely has to go. I can't afford to replace it right now, but if anyone has recommendations on the very best replacement for it, I am all ears and will put it on the wishlist and start saving. I did search the forum, and found a few mentioned here and there, but didn't quite get a consensus on which one people like best the way I did with the Clazzio seat covers.

Also ordered and coming in Thursday:

OEM Cargo Tray (got the dealer to throw in all weather floormats for free already!)

Car trash can (I'm a slob and I have kids)

Foam wedgie things to go between the front seats and the console so I don't drop things into the abyss

A middle seat organizer for the backseat to separate my children from each other so they don't whine at me about MOM SHE'S ON MY SIDE!!! It also has some nice cupholders and room for a good amount of kid toys and stuff so hopefully we can avoid trashing this car like we did my old CRV!

Today I am going out to see if I can hack some Ikea Dioder light strips into the footwells. Don't have my Chilton's yet, so I'll be relying on google to find the 12V output connected to the dash. I think I read somewhere on these forums last night that a 12V hookup already exists, so I don't need to build a converter, but if I do then. . .I guess today I'm building a converter. If I can get the dioder to work, Two are going in the footwells, one in the glovebox, and one in the trunk. Gonna try to hook them up to bluetooth so I can control the color from an app on my phone, but that's for another day because I don't have bluetooth modules in stock right now. Could they work as undercarriage lights too? LET'S FIND OUT! Ikea hacking ahoy!

FUTURE MODS AS I CAN AFFORD THEM AND/OR HAVE TIME TO MAKE THEM:

- Crochet & Bungee Cargo net and cargo hooks (this one should happen soon, I'll post it!)

- Higher and more rugged tires: The lowered Fits look great, but I live in a rural area and do a lot of camping. I need more clearance, not less! (Links to threads on raising the suspension and sizing bigger tires as opposed to lowering it much appreciated!)

- Thule Aeroblade Roof Rack: Camping camping camping!

- Replacement Center Console: Top priority. The stock one is THE WORST.

- Bar style shifter mod, custom, steampunk mad science switch, so as to be more Cardis-y. Inspiration:

See that toggle switch on the right? Eventually my shifter is going to look like that. Bonus of being an Automatic: Linear shifter path so I can do this mod! Wouldn't work on a manual.

- Some really ridiculous stuff with EL Wire. Tron Fit? Why not! Rainbow Pride Fit? Yo, sign me up for the Pride parade, baby. I don't know yet. I'm going to start with what I have lying around, which is a lot of Blue and a little bit of Green. I really need the chiltons to make this rock, I think, because it's going to take some creative electrical work.

Well, that's enough for now. I love this forum and I'm glad I found it. Here's a picture of my very first mod

Yes, I'm a nerd.

Jamie
over.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum.

Why are you looking to replace the center console? If you just want a higher one to rest your arm on, there are various threads where people have come up with inexpensive solutions. My into thread has one I bought on ebay that also adds some additional storage: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ick-intro.html

Like I tell my wife, "You're not a nerd, you're my weirdo"

Old 09-15-2015, 02:07 PM
That center console cover looks great! Extra storage and about the amount of extra height I need. I'm sold.

Still have a link to the item?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
This is where I bought it from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Armrest-Arm-Rest-Interior-Center-Console-Storage-Box-Leatherette-White-/261145530731?hash=item3ccd7c916b
I'd have liked it to be a thicker plastic because it can be a little creaky if you really lean into it, but it's otherwise a good product. Normal use it's fine.

For a trash can, I have one of these: http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/55936/00162

It's slim enough that I can still fold the seats down so long as it's not very full. It's not super big, but will handle a couple cans/bottles of soda etc.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:12 AM
Welcome from another Dr Who fan!

Old 09-16-2015, 08:10 AM
center arm rest

Has anyone looked at these on ebay
US Black Leather Center Console Armrest W/Cup Holder For Honda Accord Civic CT
says it fits the fit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Black-Leather-Center-Console-Armrest-W-Cup-Holder-For-Honda-Accord-Civic-CT-/391255518718?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&hash=item5b18a56dfe&vxp=mtr

Old 09-20-2015, 10:29 PM
I guess it's too late too suggest that you buy the HR-V...it's basically a slightly bigger Fit with more ground clearance. That would give you the off-road capability it seems you want without having to put a lift kit and muddin' tires on your subcompact

Old 09-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by 2010BaseFit
I guess it's too late too suggest that you buy the HR-V...it's basically a slightly bigger Fit with more ground clearance. That would give you the off-road capability it seems you want without having to put a lift kit and muddin' tires on your subcompact
I looked at the HRV. It was a little too station wagony for me

Old 09-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by EarlGrey
I looked at the HRV. It was a little too station wagony for me
fair enough. I take my 2010 over fair amount of dirt and gravel and it's done fine thus far. I know alot of our friends in the great white north put big snow tires on their fits for winter so check those threads for tire sizes and such. welcome!

Old 09-23-2015, 03:22 AM
Looks sexy to me, great choice of color, congrats on purchase! Interesting to see how your mods goes, especially with the new shifter look.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:20 PM
mine is the twin to yours but all black. :-D