Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

First Post,......with concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 10:19 AM
First Post,......with concerns.

Hey guys,....my first post, a little about me,....and a concern about this site which I will discuss first.

My McAfee tell me "We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites." Any admins know why?

Okay, so for a long time I've wanted a Civic. I kept putting it off because my current car [a 1997 Hyundai Sonata] keeps running....and I'm cheap so just keep driving it. I wanted the 8th gen Civic [because I liked the digital speedometer and two tier dash look],...my Sonata kept running. I wanted the 9th gen [after they fixed it up from the first year],...my car kept running. I WAS going to get a 10th gen,.....but at this time in my life, I'm tired of putting a bike rack on my car anytime I want to go somewhere with it,....so wanted a hatch. Now that info is out on the 10th gen Civic Hatchback, it has become obvious that I won't be able to afford that car.

My next choice is the Fit. I like the size, the fuel economy, the design, the magic seats, and since my Sonata is quite slow, it will be quicker for me...along with all the extras that even the LX offers [which is the trim I'll be getting].

So, I have decided to get an LX in Alabaster Silver and plan on running it with the OEM wheels until the tires are in need of replacement, then will get aftermarket wheels for it. Everything else on the LX is perfectly fine and the price will be far more do-able.

Anyway, I'll do some reading in here for a bit to see what's being said about it and what mods some of you have done.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i dont know about the newest civic, but the previous gen is a royal pos. i dont know about the coupe Si, but the the sedan was THE WORST car ive driven in a while. it does not even feel like a honda. the kia hertz gave me during a biz trip was even better.

anyway, if you're tight on cash, also check out the versa note. they come in various trims and you might even be able to find a 2015 somewhere.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:15 AM
The Versa Note is actually on the short list,....but mostly just that and the Fit. However, at this point, the Fit is my first choice for a few reasons. It is suppose to be more powerful, has the magic seat with more room, has the Honda quality [Nissan has gone down in the recent years],.......so that's were I'm at currently.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Unless you are set on the Fit's size, fuel economy, etc... you can consider it's bigger brother, the HR-V.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:24 PM
It's more about the cost....but also size and fuel economy as well. I figure that if I'm going to have monthly car payments, it is best to try to offset that by better gas mileage. Also, I've heard that the HR-V is sluggish.....whereas most people think the Fit is fairly peppy. The carrying capacity of the HR-V certainly is going to be better than the fit.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Orion8472
The Versa Note is actually on the short list,....but mostly just that and the Fit. However, at this point, the Fit is my first choice for a few reasons. It is suppose to be more powerful, has the magic seat with more room, has the Honda quality [Nissan has gone down in the recent years],.......so that's were I'm at currently.
makes sense.

but just note that the current Fits are mostly made in mexico and there is a big difference in quality between the japan made ones and the mexican ones. i speak from experience with issues on the mexican GK. maybe you get lucky and source a made in japan one.

so quality might not be so different from the Note. but yah, the magic seats are nice if u need to carry tall cargo. i only used it once though to carry plants over the course of 9yrs (GD, GE, and now GK).

Old 03-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Good post, kenchan. I DO plan on looking for one with a J in the Vin number.