Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New to Fit from Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Talking New to Fit from Southern California

Hey everyone, just picked up my 2007 Fit sport yesterday. Been eyeing on either one of these or an Ep3 Civic. Got a good deal on this Fit and couldn't pass it up. Although it took 4 hours to go 86 miles, from Ventrua to Anaheim, I absolutely love the car.

Its a 2007 Fit Sport in Red
Paint is a little faded
Has a no name axle back
Lowering springs + wheels / brand new tires (made me really happy, stock springs included too)
Slotted and drilled rotors in the front
No name short ram (guy included the stock air box, probably going to put that back on here soon)
Some after market headers (stocks were included)

The car has some wear and tear, its almost 10 haha.

According to the old owner, his brother swapped the JDM (not sure how different it is from the USDM) L15, it runs really solid tho, no problems my whole drive home with AC and sitting in dead stop traffic (fuck you 101 south and 5 south). 40k~ miles supposedly.

Chassis is just under 190k (ran a carfax, original owner put on 155k in 7 years, so it did a lot of highway work.)

Guy sold me it as is, with everything for 4k, with passing smog paperwork. *Clean title too!*

Very excited to be in the Fit community. Been lurking for a while now. Have had plenty of cars before this (1: 1989 240sx. 2:1986 Toyota Corolla GTS 3:2003 Subaru Wrx 4: 1991 180sx (stationed in japan) 5: 1991 Nissan r32 gts-t (stationed in japan) 6: 1996 Honda Civic Hatch CX. 7: 1991 Nissan 240sx coupe and this is #8.

Wont be doing much to this but maintaining and working on interior stuff and keeping it clean and reliable.

Pictures!: 2007 Fit - Album on Imgur

I have already ordered a new shift knob. Just a Honda 5-speed aluminum.
Also a new License plate frame.

Then i'm going to work on Interior lighting (LED's)
New hand lamps that aren't all gross.
Shift boot and some front floor mats.

Plans are to keep it as a nice daily and maybe some auto cross, i have a couple hours of track time under my belt already, always want to add more.

Pleasure to introduce myself!

-Cody

Old 05-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Welcome man! I just got my fit this last week too and I'm pretty local to you in Buena Park. Your ride looks pretty darn clean inside. I bet a nice clay bar and polish would clean that paint up pretty well.
-Mike

Old 05-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Welcome to FF Milano Red has no CC so clay, polish, & wax as soon as possible when u have a warm 4hrs time. It'll look 100% different. Take before/after shots if you care to indulge us. One thing I love is seeing detailing pix but White and red cars will get away from u fast if you dont care for them. These arent colors you want if you half-ass care about the care of your car as a whole. Milano Red turns pink. Just take a look at MR Acura Integras on the road and how they look today. This is a prediction of what your FIT will look like if you dont do easy TLC especially if you reside in areas of hot climates like the SE or SW. I just made my 1000 posts i noticed...lol.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 05-23-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:43 PM
Actually after looking at your pix, you are one of those cars mistreated...lol. Detail that car ASAP and wet sand those headlights or buy black FIT head lights is BEST. Again, welcome to the FF family.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Actually after looking at your pix, you are one of those cars mistreated...lol. Detail that car ASAP and wet sand those headlights or buy black FIT head lights is BEST. Again, welcome to the FF family.
Yeah I have heard that they need special care in regards to paint. I'm trying to find some headlights locally, but no luck. They really ruin the car

Old 05-25-2016, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by WillItFit?
Welcome man! I just got my fit this last week too and I'm pretty local to you in Buena Park. Your ride looks pretty darn clean inside. I bet a nice clay bar and polish would clean that paint up pretty well.
-Mike
Thats the plan! Going to keep the inside nice and clean, and outside too. Do not really plan on doing much else to it tho. I go to school in Cypress so may see me often.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by WillItFit?
-Mike
Welcome! If anyone is in the market for an exhaust, let me know, I can get my hands on apexi exhausts.

-Alain

Old 03-06-2017, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
ha, ha....I think I saw you drive by me last week heading south towards San Diego. I remember the Jazz logo on the back.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Clean looking GD. Good luck with restoring the paint. Darn Milano Pink. Post your results...may have to do the same thing in my future haha.