Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Brand New Fit Owner!

Old 12-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Smile Brand New Fit Owner!

Hello my Fellow Friendly Fit Freaks!

My name is James and I recently purchased a 2017 Honda Fit LX Manual. Since my junior year of high school (2003), I've been driving a 2000 Honda Insight manual which I absolutely loved. Early on I would average 60 mpg but as the vehicle aged that crept down to around 50-55 mpg. Finally, 273,000 miles later my little Insight (which I affectionately called Spacepod) had had enough and it was time for me to upgrade vehicles.

Since the Fit debuted in 2007, I have always had an admiration for it from afar. I always knew that when eventually Spacepod called it quits, the Fit would be very high on my new car list. Well, I'm happy to say I made that happen. The color is modern steel metallic, although I would have preferred the Aegean blue. I should note though that there was only TWO Honda Fit LX manuals in the entire state of Utah so I'm grateful I was even able to snag one.

The car actually hasn't arrived to the dealership yet, but it should be arriving any day now. Since this is the first car I've ever bought (yes at the age of 29), I will say I'm pretty jazzed that I'll be getting a vehicle that hasn't even been test driven by a single other consumer. It should have 10-15 miles on it when I take delivery. Pictures soon to follow!

Thanks and looking forward from learning from you all!

-James

Old 12-08-2016, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome & Congrats! Sorry about the Aegean Blue...my favorite color too & Yay! Another STICK driver! I always did like the first Insight, and I keep idly toying w/ the idea of finding a used one!

Old 12-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by eXCell1st
Early on I would average 60 mpg but as the vehicle aged that crept down to around 50-55 mpg.
"crept down to 55 mpg" ...

Like fittmann, I can't say how many times I entertained the thought of getting an Insight, but never followed through.

Anyway, congrats on the new Fit and welcome to the forum.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by BenQuick
"crept down to 55 mpg" ...

Like fittmann, I can't say how many times I entertained the thought of getting an Insight, but never followed through.

Anyway, congrats on the new Fit and welcome to the forum.
Hahaha, thanks man. You have no idea how difficult it was for me to purchase a vehicle that "officially" averages less than 40mpg. Since I've been driving a vehicle my entire adult life that achieves over 50mpg, I've become completely accustomed to that. It's going to be quite the shock for me to spend more money on fuel than I'm used to, butttttt the trade off is an absolutely fantastic vehicle with some amazing features, way better technology, more space, and almost twice the power (73 HP vs 130 HP). Still rocking that stick life though!