Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New 2016 Honda Fit EX Owner

Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 PM
New 2016 Honda Fit EX Owner

Hello Group

New to this forum, and have a couple of initial questions

Anybody have any feedback on their experience thus far with the seat comfort in their 2016 Fix EX? I know that the feedback on the seat comfort for the 2015 Fit EX's was not very good, so I don't know if Honda made some modifications to the 2015 version of this 3rd generation model to compensate for this in the 2016 version.

After 200 miles, I already have a low tire pressure notification. The manual says to do a calibration, and refers to a button (through a picture) that needs to be pushed to do this. However, I cannot locate this button (the picture in the manual is not very clear on the location of this button). Anybody ever done this calibration? If you have, then any guidance that you can provide?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide

Old 01-05-2017, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forums!

Seat comfort can be subjective. For me, I don't find that it's bad. I was surprised when I took a 7 hour trip that I didn't need a seat cushion that I would normally use in my SUV. So on my 2015, I would say it's not a bad seat. It's definitely not the best seat, but not the worst. I didn't do a long trip, but coworker had a Nissan Murano that had these space seats w/ memory foam. That was really comfy.

The tire pressure button, is between the ECON button and the gas door levers. Bend down and you'll see it. It's black w/ a while logo so very nondescript. This thread may help: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ting-tpms.html

Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I've not done dis to my GK as my wife is the primary driver, but on my GE dat I sold last yr, I tilted the seat back using a few washers and dat helped immensely. I forget who came up with da idea but it was super!

I drove the GE 6hrs + with only one pit stop (for me) and I was not tired at all.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:04 PM
New Honda Fit EX Owner

2Rismo2 and kenchan

Thanks for the info!

I've been driving it now for a week, and I'm slowly adapting to the seat design (i.e. meaning I'm finding the right body posture/position to minimize discomfort). Nonetheless, I was still wondering if anyone had any longer-term experience with the seats, and how they felt about them after many months. From what both of you said, sounds like it shouldn't be an issue.

2Rismo2; Thanks for the heads-up on the location of the tire pressure button. I did the calibration this evening, so I'm hoping I resolved that issue.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forums. New owner myself, and I've had the car for a few weeks and my wife and I are finding the seats comfortable enough. Then again we come from a Yaris HB (crap seats) and a Nissan Versa HB (slightly better) so, comparatively, Fit's seats are amazing. lol.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
If you've only been driving a week, I'd say give it more time. Maybe the seat foam will soften and conform with use. I've had the Fit almost 2 years, bought in 3/15. I have a little more than a 2 hour round trip work commute so I guess I've just got used to the seats LOL

If you're in a place that gets cold, have you checked your tire pressures? The cold will lower the pressure and trip the TPMS light. You should recalibrate after airing up tires and tire rotations.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I think wanako posted he liked is GK's ride..

Old 01-07-2017, 03:06 PM
New Honda Fit EX Owner

wanako

Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the Fit thus far

2Rismo2

Yeah, that's what a lot of people have been telling me. Give it some time for the seats to soften/conform

I live on the East Coast, and it has been quite cold over the past week. That's probably what tripped the TPMS light. Unfortunately, I did the calibration without airing up the tires. Let me put some air in them first, and then redo the calibration. I'll keep you posted

One of the other reasons I asked about the seats is that if you look at carcomplaints.com, 21 people complained of uncomfortable seats in the 2015 release, but only 5 (thus far) for the 2016 release.

So, is it possible that Honda 'tweaked' the seat design in the 2016 release to make them a little more comfortable for everyone?

Just curious to see if anyone has gotten any feedback from their dealer/Honda about this.

Let me know