Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 04:10 AM
First time fit owner

Hi everyone, I recently bought my first Honda fit a 2008 5MT. Im excited to start working on it and making it a more fun daily ride. It's in great condition it's got 100k miles on it and the only real downfall I think is that it's the base not sport so I don't have the cool spoiler or few other things the sport comes with. Already getting tons of information from this website it's very helpful. Any tips on what I should get started on first? Paints a little faded so I was thinking that would be step one. I'll post a pic below. Anything would help guys thanks!

Last edited by Mruales91; 02-25-2017 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:14 AM
I'd start by putting a license plate on.

I'll readily admit I'm not much at all into modding vehicles, but I did quite early on put a leather steering wheel cover (the Honda one) on the wheel, which I think makes it a lot nicer to drive. The base wheel on its own felt really cheap to me, and you spend a lot of time grasping it. To do again I'd probably get a Wheelskins in preference to the Honda accessory, but both are good quality and fit well. (I do have a wheelskins on another vehicle.)

Old 02-26-2017, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by DrewE
I'd start by putting a license plate on.

I'll readily admit I'm not much at all into modding vehicles, but I did quite early on put a leather steering wheel cover (the Honda one) on the wheel, which I think makes it a lot nicer to drive. The base wheel on its own felt really cheap to me, and you spend a lot of time grasping it. To do again I'd probably get a Wheelskins in preference to the Honda accessory, but both are good quality and fit well. (I do have a wheelskins on another vehicle.)
Haha yeah I'll probably need that license plate huh. I do want to improve the over all look so im thinking of getting a new paint job and finding a good spoiler. Anyone know where I can find a good spoiler? You're right about the wheel cover though considering I'll be grasping it the whole time. I'll look into that, thanks!