Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

mp3 player

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Question mp3 player

Hi,

this is my first post.

I already post in other forum to get some help.

I'm proud to have a Honda Jazz (FIT). I have the 2005 model bought in Switzerland.

My only concern is about the car-hifi stereo. The cd player is not capable of reading MP3 files, so I was wondering to add an mp3 player using the AUX in or CD-changer in. Does anybody did already that can give me some advice on it ? I contact honda dealer in Switzerland but they told me is not possible to add such a device.

Please help me

Old 07-15-2005, 09:48 AM
I haven't seen the Honda Jazz stereo yet (as I live in the states), but theoretically, yes, you should be able to hook up an MP3 player using the AUX/CD Changer in. I found some information on the Dension ICE-Link Plus:

http://www.dension.com/icelink_info.htm

This gadget allows you to connect an iPod. Dension has models that support Honda Jazz/Civic/pre2003 Accord/S2000 with Pioneer head unit. See the compatibility listings here:

http://www.dension.com/icelink_comp.htm

While I haven't used it, the ICE-Link looks pretty cool as it emulates a CD-changer using your iPod. Supposedly, you can control your iPod through the controls on your stereo.

Has anyone else had any success with hooking up an mp3 player with their Honda Jazz/Fit using the Dension ICE-Link or any other adapter?

Old 07-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Although they only ship within the UK, the following site will give you an idea of what's possible:

http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/

I'm looking into the same problem for when I get a Jazz, and they seem one of the best options. I'd also like to know if I can import this facia panel (as previously shown by MYx), as then I could just fit a really nice aftermarket MP3/DVD player (The 2-DIN area on the left hand side):

Michael.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:05 AM
the Dension ICE-Link Plus is a quick solution, and also easy one.
Unfortunately in Switzerland there are not so many "available frequency". Especially if you go to Italy (I live close to) it will be a mess !!

About the Addchanger option, is good, what I'd like to know is how to unmount the front panel of my Jazz. I don't wanna spend one day and find out it's not working !!

Old 07-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by thierry_san
the Dension ICE-Link Plus is a quick solution, and also easy one.
Unfortunately in Switzerland there are not so many "available frequency". Especially if you go to Italy (I live close to) it will be a mess !!
thierry_san,

available frequencies? I think you might be confused about how the Dension ICE-Link works. It's not your typical FM transmitter that you tune your radio to. It hooks directly into you AUX or CD-Changer input and has nothing to do with your available frequencies. In other words it makes your stereo think your iPod is an external CD-Changer

I hope this helps.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 AM
By the way, here is some more details about the Dension model that is supposed to be dedicated for Honda Jazz models:

http://www.essentialipod.co.uk/produ...d=1473&xSec=17

(Just make sure your head-unit model is the correct one)

Old 07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
thanks macG,
I post in other forums and I put the wrong post.
Anyway I thank you about this, I'll try to get more information in where is the cd-changer connector, or I'll maybe ask to honda shop.

Thanks again.

Old 07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by michaelj
Although they only ship within the UK, the following site will give you an idea of what's possible:

http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/

I'm looking into the same problem for when I get a Jazz, and they seem one of the best options. I'd also like to know if I can import this facia panel (as previously shown by MYx), as then I could just fit a really nice aftermarket MP3/DVD player (The 2-DIN area on the left hand side):

Michael.

I to am looking for a facia replacement so i can fit an aftermarket stereo Halfords produce a plug kit for the multy pin plugs but no facia any ideas i am in the UK and my jazz is an 04

Old 07-20-2005, 09:03 AM
There's a facia in one of the photos on the forums, and I'm pretty sure there is probably a suitable replacement from JDM, but I've not seen anything so far (although I haven't looked too hard yet).

I spoke to my dealer (I'm still deciding whether to buy or not), and mentioned the facia I'd seen, but he wasn't really interested.

Maybe it's worth pursuing the question with a local Honda dealer, mentioning that the asian markets provide such a facia panel, and whether such an item could be imported ? If not, perhaps we need to look into organising a group-import from one of the asian members if they can get them...

Of course, a good scan of EBay and other import sites may help as well. No doubt, there will be some 3rd-party attempts, but an official Honda part to ensure warranty validity would sure be nice.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Michael.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:55 PM
This may not apply to the Fit/Jazz, but Apple has some listings of available accessories to hook up your iPod to your car:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/ipodyourcar.html

Old 07-27-2005, 02:09 AM
As a follow up, I spoke to Honda UK via email, and received a very short reply stating that the UK fitment is as supplied and they won't supply alternatives.

So even though the asian market has suitable facia panels direct from Honda, I can't 'officially' buy one.

I guess it will have to be a personal import, or Dension iPod cradle, or CD changer from www.addacdchanger.co.uk.

Shame.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:35 AM
ipod2car

maybe this would help? this is wat i used.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by michaelj
As a follow up, I spoke to Honda UK via email, and received a very short reply stating that the UK fitment is as supplied and they won't supply alternatives.

So even though the asian market has suitable facia panels direct from Honda, I can't 'officially' buy one.

I guess it will have to be a personal import, or Dension iPod cradle, or CD changer from www.addacdchanger.co.uk.

Shame.
But the navigation double DIN listed in the UK Honda website is exactly the same part as in the asian market and is what your after to fit a standard source/head unit.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Someone that Posts too much

Audio Face Panel

£95 - fitted

For manual a/c model - required to install Satellite Navigation Tuner

This is the Part required as listed and described by Honda UK.

Old 05-07-2006, 04:34 AM
I was wondering if someone can help me i have a 07 fit from the usa and i wanted to know if anyone is using the monster cable fm tuner for there ipod and if it sounds good....

Old 05-07-2006, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitRob07
I was wondering if someone can help me i have a 07 fit from the usa and i wanted to know if anyone is using the monster cable fm tuner for there ipod and if it sounds good....
I'm guessing you don't have the Fit Sport? Cause if you do, you can just get a male-male audio cable from Radio Shack and plug your mp3 player into the aux input by the cupholders. I drive a del sol right now, and don't have a head unit with an aux input, so I use a Belkin Tunecast FM Transmitter:

It makes for great audio, the only problem is that the cable on it tends to short out after a while. I've gone through 4 in the last two years. They are about $20 at WalMart.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Master FitFreaker
Itrip ftw.....

Old 05-07-2006, 02:31 PM
iPod to Fit- line out solution

I'm sure most of you already know this. If you send the audio out through the headphone jack on your iPod or MP3 player into the AUX input on the Fit Sport, you will get some distortion. The headphone jack supplies an amplified signal (audio+ amplification) to play in the headphones. The Fit AUX is for a "line-out" signal, but will work with Headphone out. Line-out is audio only, no amplification, so a more pure sound. The Honda headunit already has amplification, so you don't want it twice. It's mild, but there.

Try this- plug your decent external computer speakers into your iPod headphone jack, then use the iPod dock with the line-out port on it for the same thing. The line out base response is MUCH cleaner.

Monster and makes power adapters with a line-out, which both power your iPod and supply un-amplified audio for a male-to-male AUX input connection:

http://www.monstercable.com/MP3/prod...0Click%20Wheel

This is US$40.

I bought a connector from Blitzsafe for my 05 Tacoma, which plugged into the CD changer port on the back of my factory Toyota Headunit, and provided line-out from the dock-connector and charging. Worked great. No Headunit controls, but that was fine by me. I ran the cord out from under the glove box and set the iPod in a tray under the headunit. About $100. Benefit of this to the Monster thing above is that it doesn't eat up your power outlet/cig lighter, and there's only one cord floating around. It is a white cord though- yuck.

To be fair, Monster makes a deal like this too, called the iCruize, but they don't list the Fit yet.

I emailed Blitzsafe about a connector for the Fit, and while I still don't have a firm price, I loved the one I had, and I got this from Blitzsafe:

Matt,

This will be available for shipping next week.

Thanks,

Victor Vasquez
BlitzSafe Technical Support
201-569-5000 800-597-SAFE
Fax: 201-569-5042
----- Original Message -----
To: Blitzsafe@blitzsafe.com
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: iPod to Honda

Is this available now? The site only directs me to email you. I don't see a product list- maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Thanks.

-matt
----- Original Message -----
To: Matt Ware
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: iPod to Honda

Matt,

You will need our HON/M-Link1 V.2 for your Fit Sport as long as you do not have XM. If you do go for the factory XM then you will need the HON/M-Link1 V.2X.

Unfortunately there is no change that can be made to the current M-Link that you have now.

Thanks,

Victor Vasquez
BlitzSafe Technical Support
201-569-5000 800-597-SAFE
Fax: 201-569-5042
Good luck!!

Oh, and IMHO, the controls from the headunit are overrated. You can typically only use 5 or 6 playlists (the headunit thinks the iPod is a CD changer), and sometimes it's a whole lot harder to navigate with the screen on the headunit than on the iPod itself- Apple made all those lines of screen for a reason. I bet the "convenience" of having it all through the headunit is a moot point when you consider how much faster you would find what you want with the iPod display.

cheers.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
The Monster cable seems perfect for plugging into the Fit Aux since it has a line out jack....but this is only for iPod. I don't have an MP3 player and was thinking about getting the Creative Zen Vision M, but then I would have to use the headphone jack to connect to the Fit Aux.....not as good. Any suggestions?

Old 06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
See, I have a Creative Zen player, and I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if this cable from Monster will de-amplify the headphone jack to make it act like a line-in, or at least help the sound a little?

http://www.monstercable.com/MP3/prod...All%20Products

Quick Reply: mp3 player