Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

I have a 2007 base fit and i'm mainly trying to upgrade because i dont even have an AUX port and mp3 cd's can't be played in my stereo! anyway any thoughts on this unit? or is there anything a little cheaper , say in a $400 budget? hehe thanks in advance
Pioneer's AVH-P4000DVD double-sized in-dash DVD receiver is a convenient way to add mobile video, great sound, and modern media capabilities to your vehicle. The 6.1" touchscreen lets you change sources, select the music you want to hear, and move through menus with lightning speed. You can also create a comprehensive system in your vehicle with an wide selection of expansion options, including satellite radio, HD Radio™ tuner, and CD changer.
A complete audio and video system
Start the show by watching your DVDs on the built-in screen whenever you're parked. The video screen's intelligent dimmer control keeps the picture bright and clear whether it's day or night. Add a back seat screen and wireless headphones to the audio/video outputs and your passengers in the back can watch movies while you drive. Connect extra audio/video gear like a game system or VCR to the set of audio/video inputs to enhance your entertainment options.
Read More

The strong internal amplifier and comprehensive sound controls will bring out the best in all your CDs and music files. You can use the 3-band parametric equalizer for shaping the sound, and activate the built-in high- and low-pass filters to improve the performance of your speaker setup. Two pairs of high-voltage preamp outputs simplify connecting external amplifiers.
Entertainment and expansion options
Bring a library of tunes along for the ride by plugging a thumb drive or other storage device into the USB input. Pioneer's optional iPod adapter allows you to access and control your iPod's music and video content. The AVH-P4000DVD plays back your store-bought CDs, plus your MP3, WMA, and AAC files burned onto CDs or DVDs. For an extra measure of convenience, you'll even find a convenient front-panel auxiliary input.
Add a measure of safety to your ride by adding Pioneer's optional Bluetooth adapter. You'll be able to talk hands-free with your compatible phone, while accessing phone numbers and caller info on the screen. Add an optional rear-view camera and keep an eye on what's behind you when you're backing up.

Details:
  • General features:
  • DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • 6.1" touchscreen
  • fits double-sized dash openings
  • remote control
  • audio/video features:
  • plays DVD, DVD-R/-RW, CD, CD-R/RW, and MP3/WMA/AAC files on disc
  • plays DivX files
  • high- and low-pass filters
  • 3-band parametric equalizer with 6 preset EQ curves
  • Expandability:
  • compatible with Pioneer iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, HD Radio tuner, and CD changer
  • inputs: USB input, front-panel auxiliary input, rear A/V input, rear-view camera input
  • outputs: A/V output, 4-channel preamp outputs (front, rear/subwoofer)

Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 AM
what's the price of this piece?

Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 PM
$500 at crutchfield Metrakit included and free shipping.. so what do you think?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 PM
if they include the kit and shipping it's a great deal. Any head unit with a full screen like that that is cheaper would be super low quality.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
Does it require any type of "Brain" to function? I know the older LCD types needed a secondary "Brain".

Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
thats awesome, i want one. my 2 buddies have the older version with gps. they are freakin sweet.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
None of the double Din unis have external brains. It's all built in

Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
that a great unit for the price, you could easily get something cheaper jensen or dual, installed all three, but the pioneer is def the better unit.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
ebay has them cheaper.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Yea ebay has it cheaper, but the thing is, Crutchfield includes The Metra kit, Instructions, and 'Free' shipping. i was doing the math and i think it'd be a little more if i bought everything separate due to shipping fees.
So do you guys think this is really a good deal?
I don't really trust Jensen or Dual for some reason. I think pioneer is one of the best brands, correct me if im wrong. Thanks for the Feedback!!

Old 04-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by c_mack9
ebay has them cheaper.
how much was it at ebay?
i might save me sum money

Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
how much was it at ebay?
i might save me sum money

I would try to stay away from ebay for electronics.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Old 04-15-2008, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
jeesus man, great price.
Yeah, don't go telling everyone about that now. I have kept it a secret for sooooo long. lol

Old 04-15-2008, 01:20 PM
ok then your secret's safe with me damn this is a good price. I'm going to check out some other units but i think im ordering this one by next week! thanks for the help!
by the way I'll post some pix when its all installed

Old 04-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I'm thinking of upgrading to this unit... But since I already have my single DIN DVD system arrrrgh It's going to be hard to resist.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by xxgotfit?xx
ok then your secret's safe with me damn this is a good price. I'm going to check out some other units but i think im ordering this one by next week! thanks for the help!
by the way I'll post some pix when its all installed
No problem man. watch for shipping deals too. Usually it will say in the menu before the specs page what items have free shipping.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
yea i checked but no shipping deals but well i get paid friday and I'll probably be ordering monday, i'll let you guys know! thanks for the help.!
Originally Posted by smatts
I'm thinking of upgrading to this unit... But since I already have my single DIN DVD system arrrrgh It's going to be hard to resist.
this is Irresistible!! lol.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
i just baught from (the secret website)..yay..i got the sport i just need to figure out how to get the aux to work with this i kno there is a thread about this but i cant find it grr...if anyone has an insight please let me know

Last edited by Hondasforlife; 04-24-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: haha i had to

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD