Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Replacing stock speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bogdan
what focals did you get?
I put 6 1/2 Focal polyglass components in the front and 5 1/4 Focal access components in the rear.. Both are around 50-60 watts RMS which isn't a ton of power, but with the right amp the clarity is amazing!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
So I've recently ordered 2 pairs of Polk Audio dp651 6.5" coax speakers for my 2008 Honda Fit (gd3)
I've got the bad boys in the mail on Sunday, however only did after the fact that i got them I went ahead and to look at the mounting/ hooking up instructions. i went on crutchfield today to check everything out, including installation parts(attached) Find what fits your car - Crutchfield
and it says that the speaker wiring harness is required. Metra 72-7800 Speaker Wiring Harness For select 1991-up Honda and Acura vehicles at Crutchfield.com
Has anyone installed these speakers, or speakers that are alike can tell me if this is true or not?
Thank you in advance

Old 04-07-2015, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
So I've recently ordered 2 pairs of Polk Audio dp651 6.5" coax speakers for my 2008 Honda Fit (gd3)
I've got the bad boys in the mail on Sunday, however only did after the fact that i got them I went ahead and to look at the mounting/ hooking up instructions. i went on crutchfield today to check everything out, including installation parts(attached) Find what fits your car - Crutchfield
and it says that the speaker wiring harness is required. Metra 72-7800 Speaker Wiring Harness For select 1991-up Honda and Acura vehicles at Crutchfield.com
Has anyone installed these speakers, or speakers that are alike can tell me if this is true or not?
Thank you in advance
They aren't "required", but they are helpful. Otherwise you can just cut off the stock harness clips and wire the existing wires to the speakers. They typically aren't red/black so use the lighter color for (+) and the darker for (-), that should work just fine ;-)

Old 04-08-2015, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cnordt24
They aren't "required", but they are helpful. Otherwise you can just cut off the stock harness clips and wire the existing wires to the speakers. They typically aren't red/black so use the lighter color for (+) and the darker for (-), that should work just fine ;-)
Thank you for all your help. Will definitely post what I end up doing alongside with pictures/guide

Old 04-08-2015, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you for all your help. Will definitely post what I end up doing alongside with pictures/guide
Good luck to ya, can't wait to see the results. Did you check the fitment for those 6.5s in the rear doors? I had 6.5 Focal coax speakers for my rear doors, and they didn't (even with a spacer) you may want to check those first. All speaker magnet cages are different so you could be fine ;-)

Old 04-08-2015, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cnordt24
Good luck to ya, can't wait to see the results. Did you check the fitment for those 6.5s in the rear doors? I had 6.5 Focal coax speakers for my rear doors, and they didn't (even with a spacer) you may want to check those first. All speaker magnet cages are different so you could be fine ;-)
They fit in the rear doors with the spacer just fine. just took the door apart to check.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Old 04-17-2015, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
Nicely done ;-)

Old 04-17-2015, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Props for the detailed pictures, Bogdan!

I installed JBL coaxials only in the front doors of mine and with the option of my head unit to use the rear speakers as tiny subwoofers, I'm satisfied. Difference is night and day.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Does the fit back door come wired for installation or would i have to run the wires myself? my back doors are without speakers. It came that way from Japan.

Urgently need some advice.

Last edited by mauryoung10; 04-27-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:15 AM
Buy looking at the speakers you bough, the stock were def 6.75in over sized which i bought as well to give you more mid-bass... next time listen to me....lol.enjoy the sound. Next wash/claybar/wax body and wet sand headlights. That care externally needs TLC a lady just wont do and tint.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mauryoung10
Does the fit back door come wired for installation or would i have to run the wires myself? my back doors are without speakers. It came that way from Japan.

Urgently need some advice.
To be honest I haven't seen that. Did the door panels come with speakers holes? If you pop the panels off you should be able to see the wires if they are there. If not, you will have to do some wire running.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Thanks for your response. first I've gotten since joining this site few weeks ago. You said you haven't seen that...to which section of my question were you referring to?

The panel has holes from just looking at it, I haven't gotten around to removing the panels just yet. Was waiting until I was replacing the head unit which will be done this when the wiring harness arrives.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for your response. first I've gotten since joining this site few weeks ago. You said you haven't seen that...to which section of my question were you referring to?

The panel has holes from just looking at it, I haven't gotten around to removing the panels just yet. Was waiting until I was replacing the head unit which will be done this when the wiring harness arrives.
No problem.. I haven't seen a fit come with out speakers before, if the door panels have the speaker holes then the wires are probably there, but the only way to be sure is to pull the panels and look.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks not a problem i'll check and confirm. theres another question i want to ask as well. my existing head unit is stock and has navi. i noticed it has a trim around the navi..apart from the dash kit. would i still need a trim or wats there could work. how can i get to show you on here?

Old 04-28-2016, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks not a problem i'll check and confirm. theres another question i want to ask as well. my existing head unit is stock and has navi. i noticed it has a trim around the navi..apart from the dash kit. would i still need a trim or wats there could work. how can i get to show you on here?
Are you on Facebook? There is a Fit group called TrueFitCrew. You will get much faster responces and it's much easier to send pics.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:14 PM
ok thanks again. I will go there now

Old 05-16-2016, 11:02 PM
whats the final verdict on the sound? any better sound and clarity?

im also hoping to see a little improvement in clarity and bass without having to upgrade the hu or add an amp

Old 05-16-2016, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yazoo82
whats the final verdict on the sound? any better sound and clarity?

im also hoping to see a little improvement in clarity and bass without having to upgrade the hu or add an amp
That's going to be an issue then, with out replacing either the HU or adding an amp you just won't get enough power to generate better clarity or bass. The Alpine power pack amps are perfect for our cars, generate plenty of power, don't require a HU replacement, and is small enough to put pretty much anywhere.. I have mine zip-tied to the beam behind the glove box. Put that in with some good 75-100 RMS speakers and the clarity/bass will me much improved!

Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 PM
^hmm maybe ive got to open up to the idea of an amp. sounds like from your previous post a little goes a long way.

Quick Reply: Replacing stock speakers