Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Amp and Subwoofer Writeup 06 honda fit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Amp and Subwoofer Writeup 06 honda fit!!!

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, nor OzHonda take any responsibility for the outcome of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

i completed the install the firts wiring is similar to the 06' Civic ex without Navigation.........the radio is a pain to remove................ but take the glove box (2 screws) out first then take the lower cover from the air controls off (1 screw) then remove it it has one plastic clamp holding it in on both sides do one side at a time.......the look up with a good flashlight through the air controls and you will find one screw on the right and the left they look like the glove box screws but they are silver....once you remove them the radio is free just clamps holding it in place before you take it out turn the temp control (hot /cold) counter clockwise and then turn the vent select (feet/head/ glass/)on the other end counter clockwise. then push the fresh air lider to fresh air. Then go back in the glovebox area and with a sharpie (marker) mark the purple hose and the orange hose so that you can put them back in at the same position....then press in the plastic tabs and remove the silver clamp now the radio is free
just start from right to left and pull it out of the dash only plastic tabs hold it in place now. now pull the large harness out of the radio.

i used a high low converter and tapped the radio harness only four wires needed to tap while looking at the harness....on the left side of the harness tap the second wire (top of the harness) (rear right negative) then tap the second wire on the bottom (rear right positive)....then go to the right side of the harness and tap the first to last wire on the top (rear left negative) then tap the first to last wire on the botom (rear left positve) connect your rca output and your done......as for the remote wire for the amp you can go to the drivers dash fusebox and tap the second #10 fuse turns on with the acc check with a tester to be sure it only powers with the acc (key) switch in the on position....

have fun!!!!!

Last edited by claymore; 09-16-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:00 PM
do you have the colors of those speaker wires that u tap into?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member

Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
this is what the harness looks like look at it like the picture and cut

#2rear right negative,#11rear right positive,#8 rear left negative,#16 rear left positive

Old 09-16-2006, 09:10 PM
how many rear speakers do you have? What 2 ones are for the front?

My bad, I was sleepy when I wrote the first line. It makes sense now that I got some sleep.

Last edited by jjlove; 09-17-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Blackfit07, thanx for the info. I did my sub install today and the info you gave was a big help since the quick install harness adapter that I bought for 98' up Honda did not fit.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
no problem just glad to help!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
I got the high-low converter but I cant figure out how to run the power cable from the battery to the amp without cutting a hole in something.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
the grommet on the passenger side slides out fish the power wire through and it will show up under the glove box!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
from what dictionary.com told me, these seem to be the only grommets, and I cant seem to move either one. Do you have any pics of how you did it?

Old 09-25-2006, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
In the pic, do the one on the lower left-hand side. Just go BESIDE the existing wire loom going through there.

I would straighten out the end of a coat hanger and push it through, then loop the end with some needle-nose pliars, stick a wire in the loop, tape in, and pull it back thru.

Just my $0.02

All other standard FitFreak.net disclaimers apply!!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:53 PM
You cant really tell in the picture but the gray rubber surrounding the loom where it enters the car is part of the loom itself; in order to go beside the wire loom I'd have to puncture that grey rubber piece, and the loom is sealed all around so I cant run the cable thorugh that . Is cutting through that rubber piece really the only way to power the amp?

Old 09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
I ran wiring through a place like that (main wiring harness) on CR-V and CRX's that I've had, and there was more room.

Not sure what to tell you in your case. I haven't looked that close at the Fit's wiring harness.

Another place that I've used before is where the A/C drain line comes out.

Just grasping here!!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
pull it out a bit and run the wire through then wedge it back it.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
lots of good info in this thread. Im going to sticky it for a while...

Old 11-04-2006, 06:30 PM
ok, someone help me please...i cannot, for the life of me, get the panel off to get the radio out. what plastic tabs am i pushing and what silver clamp am i removing? is this write up for a non sport? i didnt see any of that. someone please explain. thanx

Old 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Here's the installation instructions for the Musiclink... it gives you step by step instructions on how to get the head out (with pictures!)

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/..._musiclink.pdf

Once you get everything off and are finally ready to pull the stereo out, be warned - it takes a lot of effort to disengage the clips. I thought I was going to break the damn thing in half.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 AM
awesome, thanks alot.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:39 PM
ok, i got the bezel off, finally, tapped into the wires with the converter, plugged it back in and now no sound. Unit turns on functions as normal but i have no sound. so i unplug the converter and i have sound again, wtf?!?! i have an axxess converter if this helps. i cant figure it out.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Hah - I bought an Axxess converter when I was installing my sub... same problem: everything hooked up right & no sound. I started fiddling with it and the thing literally broke apart in my hands. Went back and bought a different brand and everything worked perfect.

It was my first and last experience with Axxess.

Quick Reply: Amp and Subwoofer Writeup 06 honda fit!!!