Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

2016 Honda Fit Stereo Issues/Voice Recognition

Old 05-22-2016, 12:22 PM
2016 Honda Fit Stereo Issues/Voice Recognition

hi, i bought a 2016 honda fit LX the beginning of April. my voice recognition doesn't seem to work (doesnt recognize any commands) and when i plug in my phone via USB the ipod only recognizes the phone part of the time and most of the time i have to repeatedly unplug and plug it back in before the song playing is properly displayed. what are my options as far as fixing these issues?

Old 05-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Does the hands-free phone work ok? If so you can rule out microphone issues.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Yeah the hands-free phone works fine.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
The voice commands on the LX radio are extremely crippled. Take a look at the manual. There are a couple pages of commands, but the vast majority only work with the EX radio. The only one that works for me is "Call XXX".

I use the bluetooth connection for playing Pandora from my Galaxy S5. The song title and artist will display on the screen. The app must be started on the phone. Once started, you can pause and skip (I think) using button on the radio.

We just took a long trip this weekend, and BT paired my wife's Galaxy Nexus so she could play some of her channels. The control functionality was much more limited. No data on screen, and all music controls needed to be worked on the phone.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by ToddF
The voice commands on the LX radio are extremely crippled. Take a look at the manual. There are a couple pages of commands, but the vast majority only work with the EX radio. The only one that works for me is "Call XXX".

I use the bluetooth connection for playing Pandora from my Galaxy S5. The song title and artist will display on the screen. The app must be started on the phone. Once started, you can pause and skip (I think) using button on the radio.

We just took a long trip this weekend, and BT paired my wife's Galaxy Nexus so she could play some of her channels. The control functionality was much more limited. No data on screen, and all music controls needed to be worked on the phone.
Fot those who arent aware, There are 2 BT pairings, one for the phone and one for music (yes, 2 different devices can be paired at the same time). In settings /Bluetooth /devices there are little icons next to the phone name to show which is set to what. You select the music device in settings / audio, the phone in settings / phone.

Check her phone is paired to the music. My Galaxy S5 only played via phone BT controlled by the phone til I figured this out by mistake when my room mate paired his phone to the audio and we were listening to his Pandora via the Pandora button on the radio and a call came in over BT on mine. Now when I start the car Pandora automatically opens on my phone and plays in the car.

I don't use the voice commands because they don't work well and frustrate me, 2016 EX.