Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HIDextra review-$60! comparision pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
HIDextra review-$60! comparision pics!

This is a review for the HIDextra kit which cost 60 shipped, look at the vendor buys for more information

Packaging
bought a H4/9006, 6000k Kit from HID extra last Monday. It arrived at my house within the quoted 2-5 business days and believe me I was so excited to get it in the mail. The packaging was very simple just a white box, with the Goodies inside. No fancy packaging no waste of money. Simple and to the point, this is where we save the money between those 150+ hid kits that are exactly the same..
Final Product:

In fact… I believe that this kit is almost exactly the same as the xenith xenon kits… I may be wrong, but it looks a fully similar.

Karen was a huge help and answered my numerous emails and pm's very quickly.

Even though they are relatively new company they have already established their name.

Of course I took the liberty of researching them before hand so here is what I found!:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=38415264
http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725257
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/58...m-members.html
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=257391

I even accidently messed up my order and we are in the process of fixing it. They have great customer service!

Installation:
Check out azncarbos's DIY on the xenith xenons that is exactly what I did, the only thing is that instead of a bracket there are stick pads that come with the kit form hidextra. I just added two pieces of double sided tape to the bottom to give it some extra cushion, the fit's beam is perfect for installing the ballast

SO FUN!

check out the fit without eyes or a mouth!

A few tips:
Make sure you plug things in the correct way… I plugged it in incorrectly and it didn't work, and for a moment my mouth was like WHAT?
But in the end it ended up working out.

Make sure when you're installing that you keep a table nearby so that you can place the headlight on instead of trying to balance it… my friend dropped the right headlight.. Luckily it was okay.

The whole process should only take 2 hours max.
And it was fun to take it apart!

Nice picture of the installed product - kinda looks like angel eyes?

vs stock:

Look:
The 6000k's look really blue when they start up, however become pure white as they warm up. They look incredible, the pictures are deceitful because they don't show the true color and intensity. It was a bad camera and the only one that I had access to.

I compared them against stock.
Def a huge difference

Against my friends RSX 5000k $150 kit.
Looks almost the same..

Against our MDX which has projectors but I'm not sure if its xenon, for some reason it looked really yellow in that picture.

Bottom line:

Rock Bottom Price, Great Customer Service, Quality Products.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 AM
the right one looks brighter and cooler.. thanks for the share mate..

Old 05-18-2009, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
haha thanks, the pictures really dont'show the color well and i coudlnt' wait until night time to take pics.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
yeah these are the same kit as xenith xenon
these are the same kit as 99 percent of the kit that goes 60-200 dollars

Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
so 60 bucks is a ridiculous deal! the only difference htat i can spot are the wires to the ballast, the mounting plate and the backing for the bulbs, but then agian everyone's bulbs look different

Old 05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
nice...

~dsk

Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
yep the cheaper hid kits are exactly the same as all the other kits, trust me, i would never see to spend 200 bucks on some dumb ass lights, now spending 54 for my guy i buy hids from is only 4 dollars more than you can get silverstar ultras, now even if they dont last the whole life of the car, im happy if they are brighter and work better than stock and last longer than any other bulb. great deal tho, i think ill rep my seller on my sig so people can stock bugging me where i get my hids from, now all you need is foglights! then ull be set!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
yeah now i realize that it look sreally dumb b/c hte fogs aren't also hid's, but i never use the fogs anyway...hahah

Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chrisng
yeah now i realize that it look sreally dumb b/c hte fogs aren't also hid's, but i never use the fogs anyway...hahah
ya ull use them if u had hids

Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
hahah i think i would, but it does look really dumb now, i got a 5k for my second car, and i dunno i think i like the 6k a little more now...

Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Nice comparison. I got a Xenith 6000K set for free that I'm getting ready to install soon, but I've never had HIds before so I'm kinda lost when it comes to installing these, although I heard it was not too difficult..we'll see.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chrisng
hahah i think i would, but it does look really dumb now, i got a 5k for my second car, and i dunno i think i like the 6k a little more now...
ya 6000k is perfect for any kind of car, its brilliant white, perfect brightness and perfect color, makes any car look expensive, i would definently get 6000ks for the fogs or 3000ks with yellow film, but if you like the 6000k then go with those ateast they would match.

Originally Posted by fit-aficionado
Nice comparison. I got a Xenith 6000K set for free that I'm getting ready to install soon, but I've never had HIds before so I'm kinda lost when it comes to installing these, although I heard it was not too difficult..we'll see.
ya they are not hard to install at all, you just gota find a place to put the ballest and thats the only kinda difficult part. but ya what a difference!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
i have a pair of 5k that i will compare with hte 6k's so that you can get an idea about how they look differently, i just put some 5k's on my si if anyone is interested in seeing the pictures let me know.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:00 AM
04-06 mdx has regular H11 headlight bulbs

Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
thanks hondamatic, i always thought that they were xenon headlights, b/c they have lint a hint of blue in them when you see them from a distance and the projector cutoff is really ridiculously good. still trying to adjust the hid kit to make it look right. will post up comparision between the 5k and 6k for those of you who want to see it.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
the projectors make the regular bulbs look really good though.. i put 06 mdx headlights on my inlaws 03 and put hids, looks insane at night

Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
man i really want to see what that looks like do you have any pics? like comparision pictures? but we acutually retired that car, becasue nobody uses it b/c insurance and such is so expensive, so for now she's the garage queen!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:03 PM
no pics, ill try to take one, but its a long shot.. put a 6000k kit, and it will look a lot like an 07, only better

we even put yellow bulbs in the fogs

Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
nice going for that look eh? haha i'm thinking 5k's because the 6k's look a little too blue for me. i'm gonna have to fix that kit again... does that mean that i have to to completely redo the install? or cna i just go through the wheel well?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:59 PM
what? on the mdx? theres enough room to do it under the hood, but i took the bumper off and hid everything because im like that...
keep in mind that when the bulbs are blue now but when they are used after about 10-15 hrs they will become their true color, usually more white.. my fit had 8000k and it was a lil too blue for me, but the 6000 is perfect

Quick Reply: HIDextra review-$60! comparision pics!