Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)

Old 06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
man i tried doing the download of the Manual but it wont work on any of my comps, if some one has it post the digram of the relay for the fogs and the locating. im guessing thats its in the same spot as all the fues, if no one post it up to night il take a look at it on sunday night if im not to tired from the lake. its going to be the same as when i did it on my celica hear the link to the write up for celica st185-184 http://toyotacelicaonline.com/fogs.htm

Old 06-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Here's a solution if everything is wired like it shows in the online shop manual.... at your fog lights switch you should have two wires, one blue/red and a red/black wire. If you cut the red/black wire, take the switch side red/black wire and connect it to the black/yellow wire of the ignition switch, then you should have fog ligths whenever the ignition switch is on.
If anything is not the same as i describe it, YOU SHOULD NOT PERFORM ANY ALTERATIONS WITHOUT KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

When i get my fit (suppose to be this week) i'll confirm everything.

Have fun

Old 06-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Old 06-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by xplicitnoize
Your source have me this "");window.onload=OnLoad;//-->"

Seems that all of these methods list in the last two post get the fog lights to come on when the key comes on. I'm also looking to use OEM switch to turn them off whenever I want aswell...

Old 06-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Try this. But check when you get in there to make sure they wired the USDM the same...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ram_Page_1.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ram_Page_2.jpg

Old 06-11-2006, 12:25 PM
The way i said above will do exactly what you want....when you do that you just bypass the fact that the fog will come on only with low beam on....so now you would be able to put them on with the fog light switch whenever the ingnition switch is on.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
damn. taking apart the steering column and messing wid all those wires is kinda tricky. theres gotta be an easier way.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by honda07fit
Try this. But check when you get in there to make sure they wired the USDM the same...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ram_Page_1.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...ram_Page_2.jpg

What about with this???

Old 06-11-2006, 06:03 PM
looking at the diagram it seems as if they should run independley and not off power from the low beams head lights. il go take a look at the NA model later on today or il try to stop by the shop and see if they updated our system yet. cuz right now no one has any diagram for the fit besides the dealer. o and just to let you guy know auto zone is planning on getting a system to show pixs of the parts and wire diagrams just like the dealrs, but im not shure if there going to do that free of charge thing or not. il keep u up dated when i get more info.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:26 PM
ok ok ok ok i took alook at it right now and found the relay but im running late and got to get to work and my multimeater ant working so il post some pix of it soon and dougiepants yes it works off the oem switch just like it allways did but it does turn off when the key comes out or i can tell u guys another wire so it stays on untill u turn it on but thats going to be at your own risk cuz i know one time on my ej1 i had it like that but i dint turn it off and i got stuck in the parking lost wating for a friend to come and jump my car. but for all of you woundering yes you can do it and the good news is the relay and wires to the relay are in an easy spot to get to.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Cool!! Thanks Bryan. So to sum up, we should be able to run the fogs independently (like DRLs) but they'll still turn off when the car is off. NICE!

Old 06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Mwhaha good news!
*waits for instructions from bryan720*

Old 06-13-2006, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe this will help...

This was taken from the independant Foglight Kit for the base model.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
No problem, were here too help one another!
So after looking under the dash I found the relay for the foglights. From looking at that wire diagram Im suspecting that the red/yellow is the source we need to switch. Although I could be wrong, when I pulled the relay there were 2 blue/yellow combined which shows that its tied into the switch, white/red, blue/red & I forgot the other one
Im gonna try to get a Tester and check each wire and try to replace the live wire. I think the wire were looking for is in the 20pin connector which I found but couldnt access it. I was gonna cut it but I didnt wanna ruin anything I will try once again but my schedule is pretty busy

Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
id like to see a DYI of this once its all figured out please this seems like an awesome mod.. my Aerio had indapendant fogs and i liked em alot...

Old 06-14-2006, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
If you have a Sport, you might want to hold on a minute...

While this looks familiar, the wiring might be a bit different. Especially since the switch is part of the stalk, hence, using different wires.

I've seen the schematics in the 2007 Fit Service Manual (1912 pages of fine reading for your library!!)

If I can remember, one of these days, I'll get the info from it!!

Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
great post so far but waiting on write-up by bryan720

Old 06-15-2006, 04:23 PM
well bad news. the relay is not the only thing controlled by the headlight. the switch for the fogs is also. right now i just got my fogs coming on when the key is on. but i like the use of the switch so if some one can post the wire diagram for the fog switch i could just tap my key on power wire into the switch and then it would controle it. if not we will have to take the plastic off the steering wheel and cut the wires from the switch and then fit a sodering gun into it and soder up the key on hot wire.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Problem solved! No Joke!

Old 06-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
How?!?! I'm sure you're working on instructions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)