Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 08:15 PM
can u turn it off and on from the oem switch?

Old 06-15-2006, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yes you can turn it on or off with the OEM switch
Im charging up my digital camera batteries right now so itll be till tomorrow. that picture was taken on my cell phone.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
I wonder if it would be different with Canadian cars... as it has DRL..?

Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
DIY or explain!

Old 06-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by 4dr4life!
Yes you can turn it on or off with the OEM switch
Im charging up my digital camera batteries right now so itll be till tomorrow. that picture was taken on my cell phone.
No rush on my part, my Fit isn't due for another 15 days

Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'm arriving late to this party but my sport fogs turn off when the high beams are on. Would this mod allow the fogs to remain on when I turn on the high beams?

Old 06-16-2006, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
**DISCLAIMER** This DIY is simply for the people that want to run the foglights without having to turn on the headlights. FitFreak nor I are not responsible for anything that happens should you try this.

*EDIT 6/19/06 It seems that when using your highbeam it turns off the foglights. Thats probable why the indicator is on. I will try to solve this problem or if anyone wants to chim in and help that would be excellent.

I'll try to make this short & simple. After finding out which wire to get too it should take you 5-10min. MIND you that these pictures were taken after the mod and Im not photographer so some pix are blurry

*First start off taking dashboard under cover, kicker panel & fuse panel:

Taken from Fog Light installation for base model

Now you should have easy access to the wires & 20pin plug:

*Now locate the 20pin connector at the bottom left of the fuse box:

Taken from Fog Light installation for base model:

*Once you located the 20pin plug you wanna look for the RED/YEL wire which is the one on the top left corner.

*Next you can either pull the whole plug out for easy access or just cut it long enough so you can connect too it
(I cut the wire cause I didnt know how to pull the plug and while I was stripping the wire the plug just popped out )

Sorry its blurry

(You want to tape up the excess wire (RED/YEL) that you just cut cause when using your headlight it supplies voltage and if grounded it can short something so please tape it up.)

*Now that you cut the wire you need to supply it with a Live wire when you have the ignition on
(^Not Sure if I explained that well)
I took a Circuit Tester and checked some fuses that I know will supply me power when I set the key to Accessories. I choose the Radio Fuse #26.

*Then I cut a piece of wire long enough to reach the RED/YEL wire on the 20pin plug.

Again sorry for the blurry picture:

*Now that I have the wires ready to go, You want to connect the NEW Live 12v to the RED/YEL thats going into the 20pin plug.
(You dont have to use a plug type like I did. You can just twist the 2 strip ends and use electrical tape )

*Once you secured your wire and make it look all neat & clean, you can put back the kicker panel, dashboard under panel and fuse panel.

Now that all the dirty work is all done its time to test it. So put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position (Its the first click forgot whats it called )
Your fogs should turn on like mine

Not sure why the high beam light is on but it turns off when the head lights are on If you dont mind it like I do then should be fine. Everything still works if any of you are concerned

Sorry if its not that well explained but you should get what Im trying to get at. If you have any ? or concerns reply in this thread and I'll try to answer them fast and prompt. If you know any other way go for it and post it up

Last edited by 4dr4life!; 06-19-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
If I miss anything let me know too...

Old 06-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Good stuff! I'll be doing this tomorrow, and I'll take some pictures to help with the blury pictures.

PLEASE tell me you used some electrical tape to cover the connectors you used.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:31 AM
I stickied the thread because I have a feeling that this topic is going to come up more than once on this forum!

Old 06-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I wounder if the high beams still work? will the signal for them turn off once you turn them on?

Old 06-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I also wonder why the high beam light turns on...

Old 06-17-2006, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
the high beam indicator only lights up when you turn on the fogs right?

Old 06-17-2006, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I wounder if the high beams still work? will the signal for them turn off once you turn them on?
The high beams work but turns off the foglights whenever you use them I just confirmed it...

Originally Posted by ezekielwhore
the high beam indicator only lights up when you turn on the fogs right?
The indicator turns on when you put the Key in the ON position. But when you use your headlights the indicator turns off... hmmm....

Im gonna see if I can play around with it somemore today and let you know.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
yes I woul dlike to try all of this once someone can get the bugs all worked out...

Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Someone that Posts too much
can you explain the step after cutting the yellow and red wire?

did you connect the live 12v to the end that goes INTO the fuse box? or the end that goes out to FROM the fuse box? or did you just T it into the yellow and red wire?

-joe

Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
I didnt get a chance to play around over the weekend, maybe today after work. Im guessing that the high beam is tied in somewhere... hmmm...

Originally Posted by sillypuddy
can you explain the step after cutting the yellow and red wire?

did you connect the live 12v to the end that goes INTO the fuse box? or the end that goes out to FROM the fuse box? or did you just T it into the yellow and red wire?

-joe
You want to connect the NEW live 12v to the RED/YEL wire on thats going into the 20pin plug. The other side of the wire that was cut is only live when you turn the head lights on. You should use electrical tape so it wont short anything just incase... I will add that into the guide.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
No luck so far... It seems when you apply the high beam you can hear the relay clicking. So I went to check the wires on the relay and it seems that the wires for the foglight indicator cut off when the high beam is applied. Im guess theres a wire on the 20pin connector thats the culprit. Unless I get a wire diagram I wont know for sure.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
You could always just cut it off of that relay and use just the other relay or a fuse maybe?

Old 06-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I want my damn Helms manual already!

Quick Reply: Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)