Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) for the 2010 UK Honda Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Any links to the relay used to make these work?
I didn't use any relays. I used Gaffer's method and tapped directly into the fuse box. Or if you know which wires you need under the hood, you can use wire splices.

Originally Posted by uzapuca
thanks Kered
indeed there are many interesting options in eBay and Amazon too. I can see some DRLs come with relay and others not.

Still in the search of something of good quality at a reasonable price. You have the very unexpensive DRLs for $15 plus $25 for the battery relay. Total $40.-

Amazon.com: Mecedes-benz E Class Style DRL Daytime Running Light Kit LED Fog Light Lamp Audi BMW Mercedes Porsche Lexus: Automotive

and the "brand" models like Philips
Amazon.com: Philips 12820WLEDX1 DayLight 4 High Powered Luxeon LED Daytime Running Light: Automotive

for $75.- (almost double)

Most of the Amazon for the unexpensive models are quite low in their customers reviews like they stopped working just after a couple of days. So in long run i guess one should go for the more trustable brands like Philips.

I would be terrific to find some good DRLs in the between both.

Cheers mate,
See my above reply about relays. As for the Mercedes-like DRLs, they're most likely going to be same as the ones you find on ebay. In fact, I want to say that most of the unbranded things you find on amazon are the same as ebay items. So if you're going for quality, get a trusted brand . I unfortunately have not done enough research to determine which ones give you the most bang for your buck, so I can't help you out there . Good luck!

Old 08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
^^ In Gaffer's first post he said he uses a relay and solders them parallel before running the main wire to the cabins fuse box. How did you do yours?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
^^ In Gaffer's first post he said he uses a relay and solders them parallel before running the main wire to the cabins fuse box. How did you do yours?
Basically I just have a really long wire running from the fuse box to the hood, where I then wired the LED strips in parallel.

I actually tapped the positive wire into the ACC fuse instead of the DRL fuse because I wanted them to be always on when my car is on. As for the negative wire, I just chassis grounded it.

My method is probably not as good as Gaffer's method, but it works

Old 08-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by kered424
I didn't use any relays. I used Gaffer's method and tapped directly into the fuse box. Or if you know which wires you need under the hood, you can use wire splices.

See my above reply about relays. As for the Mercedes-like DRLs, they're most likely going to be same as the ones you find on ebay. In fact, I want to say that most of the unbranded things you find on amazon are the same as ebay items. So if you're going for quality, get a trusted brand . I unfortunately have not done enough research to determine which ones give you the most bang for your buck, so I can't help you out there . Good luck!
Thanks for the good info Kered
I will keep searching for DRL to learn a bit more about them.

Cheers mate,

Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
The reason I used a relay was because UK law states that:

1) They turn ON with ignition and turn OFF when the sidelights/headlights turn on
So the relay allows the higher powered sidelights and main lights circuit to "control" the lower powered DRL circuit.

If you're allowed them on and at the same intensity all the time, then you can get away with permanently plumbing them in to ACC +ve and to chassis ground and leaving as is.

I needed mine relay switched because I was specifically not able to do that (pulled over, fined and points on license if caught).

Old 05-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Just wanted to post an update.

I didn't like the way my DRLs looked because they were too dim (see my previous posts), so I added brighter ones in the fog light area. I think the new ones look better and will actually do what DRLs are intended to do. I can't decide if I want to remove the old ones or not. Anyway, here's what I have now...

Name:  BD65Ew7.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  582.5 KB