Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID or LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
Let me know how that goes on stock. I'm on the same page on you. I think my cousin bought the LED headlights on his odyssey, and it looked fine. I haven't really noticed the glare. It was just from 50 feet away, and I liked it. The color was that of mercedes hid.

Originally Posted by TofuShop
Until someone can confirm if the German or JDM projector headlamps will fit, i plan to try new CREE LED high lumen output LED bulbs. i stumbled upon this thread at ClubLexus and the appealing part of running an LED bulb vs a PNP HID bulb is that you retain the ability to use your high-beams:
Install $75 LED Headlights That Are Bright Enough - Club Lexus Forums

I'm all about the evolution of technology and trying new things, so i'll be picking up a set of white headlamp and yellow foglamps bulbs.

I did some searching and i believe the USDM GK5 Fit has H4 headlamps and H11 foglamps. Is that correct?

If so, H4 LEDs:
40W 2400x2 LM 6000K H4 H L H7 H11 CREE XML Chip Car LED Head Light Kit Bulbs | eBay

H11 LEDs:
40W Golden Yellow 2000LM H8 H9 H11 CREE XML LED Headlight Lamp Bulb Light Beam | eBay

*Note: i realize this will not be inside a projector so there will probably be flaring

Old 07-31-2014, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
i decided to wait to see if the EDM or JDM headlamps will fit first. i dont drive at night much, so it's not that high of a priority as of now

Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 AM
I just installed PNP HID's in my 15 fit and it was easily the best upgrade to date due to the crappy halogen bulbs. Here's the link to my car with the hid's installed:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ght-bulbs.html

Old 08-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kdawgz
Let me know how that goes on stock. I'm on the same page on you. I think my cousin bought the LED headlights on his odyssey, and it looked fine. I haven't really noticed the glare. It was just from 50 feet away, and I liked it. The color was that of mercedes hid.
I saw a civic at night with the LEDs, in my mind has to be LEDs because they weren't glaring like HIDs but they had the very nice HID look to them. They weren't glaring at all in stock headlights so I'm excited to try out the LED bulbs on the fit.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 AM
VLEDS 4500 LMZ LED headlights

Hello everyone! I just bought a 15 EX and just installed the kit above. I think the cutoff is just fine with no glare or issues. I'm trying to upload the pics but cannot.

Can I send them to someone and you upload them for me? PM if so. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by BosnMate
Hello everyone! I just bought a 15 EX and just installed the kit above. I think the cutoff is just fine with no glare or issues. I'm trying to upload the pics but cannot.

Can I send them to someone and you upload them for me? PM if so. Thanks!
You need to upload the pictures somewhere else and put the link in the message—you can't just stick a picture in the message on this forum (or many other internet forums). Luckily, there is a handy "somewhere else" close by that you can easily use.

If you look at the top of the forum when you're logged in, however, in the forum's gray bar the second item in is "Albums". (This is not the bar that's just underneath the yellow FitFreak logo, but a little bit further down the screen.) You can create an album there and upload pictures to it and then reference them in your posts from there.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by DrewE
You need to upload the pictures somewhere else and put the link in the message—you can't just stick a picture in the message on this forum (or many other internet forums). Luckily, there is a handy "somewhere else" close by that you can easily use.

If you look at the top of the forum when you're logged in, however, in the forum's gray bar the second item in is "Albums". (This is not the bar that's just underneath the yellow FitFreak logo, but a little bit further down the screen.) You can create an album there and upload pictures to it and then reference them in your posts from there.
Thank you! I'll check that out later this afternoon and upload. Thanks again.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:50 AM
VLEDS LMZ 4500 Kit

Name:  E5182EB7-1AED-43A5-8346-96E4934FEBB6_zpskfcfnvtb.jpg
Views: 8893
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  D86FCBC1-EA9A-46F1-AC02-EF791F06B966_zpsjcfstssx.jpg
Views: 9104
Size:  158.5 KB

Old 06-30-2015, 11:23 PM
We do get the LED projector headlights here at Australia.
It comes standard from the vary base model.
The lighting performance is the really good.
See Photo attached
Name:  IMG_20140829_170450_HDR.jpg
Views: 9004
Size:  49.3 KB

Also share the video I took to demonstrate the lighting performance. It was taken for a Taiwan Fit forum, so ignore the Chinese writing. Cheers
Do switch to 720p for better view.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Installed the Sirius H4 6400 lumen LED set. Cutoff is not bad with stock reflectors. In addition installed some H8 white LED fogs too. Also converted the entire car to LED lights.

Sirius LED H4 headlights: Sirius LED - 6400 Lumen Cree LED Light

Sirius LED H8 Fog Lights: Sirius LED - 80W LED Fog Light

Front Turn LED Switchback (Type A): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ype/1917/4477/

Rear Turn LED (red): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/1647/4173/

Reverse LED (cool white): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/1647/3770/

***These are STUPID bright! Don't let cost scare you away, just buy them you won't be disappointed.

Load Resistors (you need 4 in total): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...r-kit/190/831/

Low Beam with Fog

High Beam

Old 07-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Replaced my H8 fogs with these 6000 lumen LEDs.

Cree 66W 6000LM LED Headlight 33W PER Bulbs KIT H7 H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 Headlamp | eBay

What a difference!

Old 07-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by BosnMate

Originally Posted by Sam Tsai
We do get the LED projector headlights here at Australia.
It comes standard from the vary base model.
The lighting performance is the really good.
See Photo attached

Also share the video I took to demonstrate the lighting performance. It was taken for a Taiwan Fit forum, so ignore the Chinese writing. Cheers
Do switch to 720p for better view.
https://youtu.be/yYJm6hU7Qfo
so lucky you guys get official LEDs! This is one of the main reasons why i'm hesitant to spend 20,000 USD on this car!

Old 07-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by henryonfit
so lucky you guys get official LEDs! This is one of the main reasons why i'm hesitant to spend 20,000 USD on this car!
Mine was made in Mexico. I do not have LED projector headlights from the factory. I only have the LED bulbs from V-LEDS.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by VAnative
Has anyone looked into HID or LED lights for the 2015 Fit (EX-L Navi). After 15 years of HID or LED lights in every car I'm having a hard time going back to the standard old halogens. On my last vehicle I went with the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra, which helped a little bit. However, if I have to remove the wheels and wheel well covers to change this I might as well just upgrade.

Does anyone have experience with the JDM LED lights that are available on their higher-end models (including how one might purchase these in the US)? If not, how about after-market lights with a 4300K color temperature I'm looking for better visibility, not just to look cool.

Thanks in advance!
May not help much, but consider this: I tried HID's on my Solstice, and they were crap. Instead, I went back to halogens, and put HID's in the fog lights. Worked great, and was easy. Really lit up the road.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Installed the Sirius H4 6400 lumen LED set. Cutoff is not bad with stock reflectors. In addition installed some H8 white LED fogs too. Also converted the entire car to LED lights.

[B][U]Sirius LED H4 headlights: [/USirius LED - 6400 Lumen Cree LED Light

Sirius LED H8 Fog Lights: Sirius LED - 80W LED Fog Light

Front Turn LED Switchback (Type A): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ype/1917/4477/

Rear Turn LED (red): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/1647/4173/

Reverse LED (cool white): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/1647/3770/

***These are STUPID bright! Don't let cost scare you away, just buy them you won't be disappointed
Did the LED headlights improve the coverage over the halogens? I know the low beams seem "pitched low" to a lot of people.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Redd
Did the LED headlights improve the coverage over the halogens? I know the low beams seem "pitched low" to a lot of people.
I would say yes IMO. It was well worth the upgrade in my eyes. I did not have to adjust height of the light housings either. That may not always be the case though.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
If you replace the halogens with 9003 LEDs that have a low beam and high beam, perhaps the auto on-off feature will work - but what about the daytime running lights? The original halogens - are they operated at lower voltage when in drl mode? What happens when applying lower voltage to LEDs. Or to HID's for that matter. The LED lamps from vleds say "not for use in low voltage DRL systems."

Last edited by nomenclator; 08-24-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by nomenclator
If you replace the halogens with 9003 LEDs that have a low beam and high beam, perhaps the auto on-off feature will work - but what about the daytime running lights? The original halogens - are they operated at lower voltage when in drl mode? What happens when applying lower voltage to LEDs. Or to HID's for that matter. The LED lamps from vleds say "not for use in low voltage DRL systems."
DRL's will not work with most LED conversion kits, UNLESS they specifically say so. The 6400 lumen H4 kit I have does not. The high beam LED will flicker at around 5HZ/sec and will eventually ruin the control unit. It is best to relocate the DRL's on either the fog lights or aux light set. The other snag is its not worth the trouble rerouting the DRL circuit in the FIT to another light set. The DRL function is controlled by the MICU (built into the aux fuse panel under dash) and is a sonuvabitch to remove/service.

I suggest an aftermarket unit that turns on with the vehicle, and goes dim or turns off with the parking lamps.

Old 12-24-2016, 05:32 AM
I did HID fogs and upgraded the halogen head lights to nicer halogens. They were aimed real low to, an adjustment was much needed. Also did interior leds. Scared to convert tail, reverse, and drl to led, but I want to.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
DRL's will not work with most LED conversion kits, UNLESS they specifically say so. The 6400 lumen H4 kit I have does not. The high beam LED will flicker at around 5HZ/sec and will eventually ruin the control unit. It is best to relocate the DRL's on either the fog lights or aux light set. The other snag is its not worth the trouble rerouting the DRL circuit in the FIT to another light set. The DRL function is controlled by the MICU (built into the aux fuse panel under dash) and is a sonuvabitch to remove/service.

I suggest an aftermarket unit that turns on with the vehicle, and goes dim or turns off with the parking lamps.
Right. It is easy enough to remove the fuse for the DRL's and you won't have to worry about the 5 volts to the LED headlights damaging the headlights. And it is easy enough to replace the plastic panels where the fog lights go, with panels have LED DRLs in them. The problem comes with turning the DRLs on and off. Just mounting a simple switch, say a rocker switch, somewhere on the dash, and fishing wire from the dash to the new DRLs, seems like a bit of a project - you have to figure out where you are going to run those wires, the wire to the switch and the wire to get positive 12v to the DRL lamps.

Quick Reply: HID or LED Headlights