Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

How to guide: Upgrade interior bulbs to LED

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Darkshowdo
Anyone got any links for recommended LED interior lighting for the foot wells, And that would turn on when the dome light is on.
Maybe even cup holder LED's
I don't have any rec's, but I know noripwr modded his cupholders with LEDs, so you may want to ask him. He did say that there was some drilling into the holders though, so beware if you're concerned about liquids dripping down.

Here's the post:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1260652

I'm pretty sure I saw someone with LED strip illuminated foot wells in the "What Mods/Accessories for your new GK???" thread, but I can't find the exact post.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Cupholder LED's

Originally Posted by Darkshowdo
Anyone got any links for recommended LED interior lighting for the foot wells, And that would turn on when the dome light is on.
Maybe even cup holder LED's
There's actually a post by noripwr in Rottboy's thread with cupholder LEDs installed, scroll down the page till you see the pictures (page 15, link should get you there):

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...new-gk-15.html

Good luck!

UPDATE: Spaghetina beat me to it!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 10-06-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spaghetina
I just did this today, too, using the JTech bulbs that CIOWN posted. A few of my bulbs arrived DOA
Remember that if the bulb doesn't light to turn them around in the socket.

Built-in current limiting resistor and diode to protect the LED from reversed polarity + - installation. (If they don't light after inserting into the socket, please insert oppositely or flip the bulb horizontally to match the + and - polarity). Also, try to pull the pins on the base outwards and sideward a little in case the bulb is slightly loose in socket.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Can you take a photo of the interior led's you got from collegehillshonda? Are they white, or do they have blue in them? What is the brand name on the packaging? I appreciate any of your help.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Can you post a pic of the lights on? What brand is on the packaging? Are they bluish at all, or all whit?

Originally Posted by pschwartz14
I bought an overpriced kit from College Hills Honda. It came with three bulbs like the ones above plus a fourth bulb that was a flat disc with 6 LEDs all on one side. It looked like this one available on Amazon:
Amazon.com: LEDwholesalers Side Plug T10 194 wedge Base 12V 6 5050 SMD LED Warm White, 1427WW: Automotive

That's the one I used for the cargo area.

Both my Dad and I were very impressed by the improvement in the amount and quality of light. I was shocked at the difference really. And it made him want to install some in his Ford Escape.

I recommend a plastic knife or some other straight edge plastic to reduce the likelihood of scratches.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ADVphotography
Left bulb LED, Right bulb stock:
I ordered some bulbs while reading this thread because I like the cool white of LED. But then later when I got in the car my interior lights really seem to be brighter and whiter then the one on the right in this photo already. Much closer to the one on the left.

However, the trunk light looks like the same low powered yellow light.

I wonder if something was changed later in the manufacturing runs.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Yes, the license plate bulbs are the same "Wedge" style bulb. The bulbs I used from the license plate are from the same 10-pack I used for the interior. I'll post a How-to here in the next couple days on the process. Its easy.

Here's a couple photos from when I did the license plate:

The brightness is perfect. Not too bright, not too dark. Just kinda "glows"

You're in Kirkland?! I am in Mount Lake Terrace

Old 06-24-2015, 12:30 AM
Do these lights dim till they turn off or stay on all the time in dim mode?

Old 06-30-2015, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Removing the lenses (covers)

I installed LEDs tonight - map, dome, and cargo. Even though I studied the images provided by the OP, I was hesitant because I didn't want to break the lenses. So I googled and found this link. It is not specific to Fits but apparently Honda installs like parts in its other models.
Armed with the plastic removal tool which was linked earlier, I was successful in the removal process. Oh, and thanks to the posters who noted that if the bulb doesn't light to remove it and rotate it 180.

Last edited by Peterjens; 06-30-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the post for the lights. Looks awesome.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Thanks so much! Very easy installation and great results!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on this thread. I was able to upgrade all the interior, license plate and front corner lamps to LED. The hardest ones were the license plate. Mine just wouldn't budge but I kept at them and they finally moved to the right. I took off my plate as well to give me just a little more room to work.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:51 PM
My LED lights came in today so I decided I might as well do a write up. ...
Thanks, ADVphotography! I followed your instructions and replaced all my interior bulbs in about 15 minutes. I love how much brighter it is and the pure white light gives the interior an upscale feel. I can buckle my kid in to her carseat much faster now because before it was too dark to see the black buckles in the black car seat.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Ordering now!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:25 AM
So, do the LED map lights flash quickly (not even slow enough to fully illuminate) for anybody else?

If so how did you eliminate this? I got the College Hills kit. The flash is very subtle and hard to duplicate...

Old 12-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by c_bongo
So, do the LED map lights flash quickly...?
No, my map, dome and cargo lights function exactly the same as before, they are just white instead of amber. Maybe try a different bulb or reinsert the bulb or something.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
What led bulb(s) is everyone using to replace factory interior lights?

Old 03-04-2016, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
If anyone else is still watching this thread. Do not buy the Jtech LEDs from Amazon. Ours are already flickering on and off after a year of use

Old 03-05-2016, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Flickering

Originally Posted by sixth
If anyone else is still watching this thread. Do not buy the Jtech LEDs from Amazon. Ours are already flickering on and off after a year of use
-Agreed. I'm the OP on this one and I've had the exact same issue. Its been a little over a year and I've replaced half of them due to the flickering. Currently replacing with the extra's I had from the original install but want to find a good replacement.

Anybody have recommendations? I'll update the original post with your guys recommended brands. Links would be great.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
-Agreed. I'm the OP on this one and I've had the exact same issue. Its been a little over a year and I've replaced half of them due to the flickering. Currently replacing with the extra's I had from the original install but want to find a good replacement.

Anybody have recommendations? I'll update the original post with your guys recommended brands. Links would be great.
Hey ADVPhotography, thanks for the guide ! anyway in regards to looking for an alternative. I'm looking into purchasing the Sylvania's ZEVO LEDs or a Phillips equivalent .

EDIT:

Phillip's has a sub page which shows which LED's they have. Apparently they have 194's which we need for the license plate and cargo

Here is an
 Amazon link which shows the Sylvania's Amazon link which shows the Sylvania's
I'm considering

and here are the Phillips ( http://philipsautolights.factoryoutl...m=127996000KB2)

Last edited by sixth; 03-06-2016 at 01:04 AM.

Quick Reply: How to guide: Upgrade interior bulbs to LED