Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Fit & Sirius radio questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by kurtneis
anybody have sirius sportster radio hooked up in their fit? I have the sportster from sirius and wonder if there is a bracket or anything that will mount the unit down by the aux jack and power?!!!
I mounted mine on to the left front window, the little "vent" window in the corner of the dash.. I need to run the wires but im going to run then down along side the dash so that they can hardly be seen..

Old 07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I finished hooking up the sirius unit lastnight and I tried plugging my ipod cable into the sirius unit and the other end into the AUX port...WOW, what a difference.. It sounds better than even the antenna wire relay does..

Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tgreaves
I mounted mine on to the left front window, the little "vent" window in the corner of the dash.. I need to run the wires but im going to run then down along side the dash so that they can hardly be seen..

Me three. I have a sportster reply and mounted it in that spot with the suction cup mount. I have the antenna on the dash up by the windsheild. Very easy. The reception would have to be pretty poor in order for me to go through the work ro put it on the roof. I'm lazy.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 AM
sirius

I bought a plastic contraption that can stick on the dash with adhesive or clip onto the A/c vents. It can hold an ipod, a cell phone, or pretty much whatever you want it to hold. So, I'm planning on buying the Sirius Stiletto 10 and just using the Aux to play it through the cars speakers.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Weird problem

Anybody else have weird interaction b/w Sirius reception strength and fan blower speed?

If I turn the blower up to "4" I lose signal strength?

My antenna is mounted on the center of the dash.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
i am getting the stiletto 10 as well,do i only need to plug it in the aux port to make it play out the car speakers? do i need the car kit as well? please lmk

Last edited by jman245; 11-22-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
"G"
Is their a such thing as an adapter that plugs in to the cd changer input on the sport ? I know they are made for other cars.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:23 PM
"G"
Old 01-20-2008, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
This mounts on the left side A-pillar in seconds. Then screw the Sirius mount to it and route your wires.

ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country
this wasn't out when i got sirius, so i had to install it in the pop-out panel for the fuse panel (lower right). i'll get pix up tmw prolly.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Sirius

I have my Stiletto 100 mounted using a Pro-Fit bracket called the "Ultimount" that uses an adhesive pad that sticks to the chassis and a rotating head that locks into your desired position. I'll post a pic as soon as I remember to take one. The windshield is so huge on the Fit that I just used some double-sided tape to the dashboard and ran the wire along the front of the dash where the windshield meets the board and underneath the dash and am using the Aux-in. I have absolutely no problems with reception and sound quality between FM-mod and Aux-in are night and day. While it's not the most stealthy of installs it does keep the antenna off the body so it's not as unsightly and there's no risk of damaging the paint (I had the antenna on the trunk of my Saab for 2 years and I managed to scuff the area where it was stuck pretty badly).

Pro Fit UltiMount - Universal Mounts

Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
sirius antenna

Holy cowabunga! I was just looking at the above antenna routing that the guy put in thru by removing the side panel and spare tire area! I just routed mine up the center mirror into the headliner, across to the drivers side, then all the way down the left side. Tucks nicely, and quickly, into the headliner, including the rear hatch trim. I do have a very small bit of antenna wire exposed at the hatch but that is only seen when the hatch is opened. Most people would not even notice! I give the guy credit for going thru all that time and trouble but...

I have three wired coming off my Sirius head unit. Power, antenna and line out to my aux input. All those get routed up the center mirror. They are even held in by the rubber (mirror to windshield) support, against the mirror arm. All out of sight.

If you want to spend all that time taking the interior apart that is your call. I will be off starting my third beer while you are still putting your car apart!

Old 11-07-2010, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
I was able to Fit XM and GPS antennae inside the dash on top of the metal beam on the left, just above the glove compartment. There is nothing to interfere on top of it besides a really thin plastic of a dash. The reception is decent, 2-3bars for XM, 4-5bars for GPS most of the time.

Alternatively, there is just enough space between the plastic hood and instrument cluster cover to put any type of an antenna including a microphone. After trying to run the wires from the visor I realized that visor mounted microphone installation does not look clean in this car. I can try to post pics if anybody is interested.

I'm not a big fan of taking half of the car apart just to run an antenna for a radio. Apparently, I already have a leak somewhere in the trunk and rear passenger side without any external antenna installation.