Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

aftermarket seats and seat rail questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
OK, my local electronics store had a 2.2 ohm resistor (2 Watt), and the pins were a good tight fit into the SRS seat plug...just press them in. The resisitor measured at 2.0 ohms installed. I tried to reset the SRS light through the paper clip method, and it seemed to respond through all the steps until it then popped back on at the end when I turned the ign back on expecting it to clear. Anyone get that method to work? 3 attempts same result, then after that, it didn't give the right blinks on further attempts so I'm not sure if you only get 3 cracks at it before it needs a certain number of drive cycles or what. I'll try again this weekend, but I'm not so confident that 2.0 is what it needs. I tested the resistance of the air bag itself (in the seat, but out of the car for over a month, so no current left in there. I got no resistance. Re-zeroed the sweep and still got nothing. Tested the seat airbag in the MINI which should be 3.0 ohms and got nothing there either, so I need to get a DVM and try again instead of using an old (but previously reliable ) sweep meter.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by MK GD3
Here are some pics of installed bride seat rails /jdm recaor's in my fit
Fitment is almost 100%
However passenger airbag module/sensor/whatever--- needs to be mounted on the side if factory seat belts are to be retained!

Enjoy!

They look comfy but do they go back father than stock seats, that is what I'm looking for, need a little more room being 6' 4"

Old 08-14-2008, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member
Seat air bag light success

One more step closer. got the light out with the airbag disconnected by using another resistor (advertised 2.2ohm, but tested at 2.45ohms) and rated at 2 watts. Reset the airbag light as described in the Helms (but using a paperclip) which is the same method for every Honda with an airbag regardless of year...well documented on the net. I used a 2Watt resistor so that the wire was large enough in diameter to be a tight fit to the center two pins on the airbag plug.
Next up will be the seat position sensor because that also trips the air bag light. the good thing here is that as soon as it's plugged in it turns the light off... no reset needed when it's attached to the stock seat. It does not respond to the resistor, can't be left unpluged, and when the whole sensor is removed from the seat, it doesn't work when plugged in again. the sensor should just sense when the tab on the seat breaks the magnetic field, which only happens when the seat is all the way forward. I also tried grounding it, but that didn't work either (it is grounded on the factory seat through the mounting bolt).

Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
so if i put in my bucket seat on JUST the drivers side
i will get a light on my dash saying
"HEY FOOL YOUR AIR BAG IS NOT PLUGGED IN"?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
what you guys do to the airbag and seatbelt occupancy sensor stuff? i know it will throw dashcode an what not. i want race seats an still hav a clean instrument cluster. thanks

Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
I've only been working on the drivers side so far, so I haven't had to deal with the the seat belt occupancy sensor...it's only in the passenger side.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dacollier1
I've only been working on the drivers side so far, so I haven't had to deal with the the seat belt occupancy sensor...it's only in the passenger side.

well thats all i need is the drivers side. how is everyone using there seats with the air bag thing

Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
On the drivers side there are only two sensors.... Airbag, which you can defeaet with a 2.2 ohm resistor (not 2.2k, which is the easy one to find). the other sensor is the seat position sensor. It can be completely removed from the OE seat and moved to a new seat, but for what ever reason, I haven't got it to work right on the replacement seat and I don't understand why yet. All I get is a light, which I am ignoring for the time being while I deal with some non car issues. unfortunatly I get about 2 hrs a week to work on the car (assuming decent weather) and I have more than one car, so progress is slow.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 AM
wow i guess even with a 11 page thread,
no one has really found a solution to the Airbag light issue.

It cant be that difficult to get around
there has to a way to resolve this

Last edited by SpoonKiD; 09-16-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Fa1
Take your gauge cluster out, lift the overlay, and put electrical tape over the srs light. Otherwise find out what resistor you need.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by speedyfit
Love the seats!
They look comfy too, available in different colors?
Where did you purchase them?
Do they go back farther than stock seats?
Need different bottom rails?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys im a seat noob. but what is the difference between seat rails and brackets? can you use either one to install a seat such as say a corbeau forza seat?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by sprint7677
They look comfy but do they go back father than stock seats, that is what I'm looking for, need a little more room being 6' 4"
Nice work! Those look so nice.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitftw
hey guys im a seat noob. but what is the difference between seat rails and brackets? can you use either one to install a seat such as say a corbeau forza seat?
I just finished installing my corbeau seat/ replacement rail i'll post pics tomorrow after/during work.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone have a Nagisa Auto Super Low seat rails? Please share you review.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
so if i put in my bucket seat on JUST the drivers side
i will get a light on my dash saying
"HEY FOOL YOUR AIR BAG IS NOT PLUGGED IN"?
yeaah... hahaha

Originally Posted by bamboo tim
what you guys do to the airbag and seatbelt occupancy sensor stuff? i know it will throw dashcode an what not. i want race seats an still hav a clean instrument cluster. thanks

that stuff doesnt go off. I just installed my brides, and there is no light seat belt light for the passenger. As for the seatbelt set up on the driver's side, I'm using a sparco harness, and i put in the seatbelt so that the light doesnt go off

Originally Posted by dacollier1
you dont need to deal with that

Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
My death trap... lol

Name:  DSC01290.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  77.1 KB

Name:  DSC01291.jpg
Views: 2839
Size:  68.7 KB

Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
A quick question guys:
I'm considering getting a Recaro SR3 seat. Which Bride rails will work on it? Will either the YO-type or the MO-type rails work with the seat? Seems the YO-type is the recommended one for Fits from browsing the Bride seat rail fitment guide.
http://bride-jp.com/products_rail.html
http://bride-jp.com/r-pdf/honda_090109.pdf

Edit:
Looks like I'll be answering my own question...
Bride RO-type rails look like they're the ones that will fit the Recaro SR3.
http://bride-jp.com/products_tekigou.html

Last edited by Type 100; 02-03-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
A quick question guys:
I'm considering getting a Recaro SR3 seat. Which Bride rails will work on it? Will either the YO-type or the MO-type rails work with the seat? Seems the YO-type is the recommended one for Fits from browsing the Bride seat rail fitment guide.
products
http://bride-jp.com/r-pdf/honda_090109.pdf

Edit:
Looks like I'll be answering my own question...
Bride RO-type rails look like they're the ones that will fit the Recaro SR3.
products

Nice site. Idk if recaros will fit on bride rails. Why not juust go bride on bride or recaro on recaro?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
This is one of the mods i want to do to the fit. I just want the driver side though. I don't know how that would look one bucket seat and one stock. I want bride but recos are nice to.

Quick Reply: aftermarket seats and seat rail questions