Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Fit '07 AC equiped Audio head removal.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Fit '07 AC equiped Audio head removal.

Hy,
I looked around a bit and found HowTo for removing the Head unit of my '07 Jazz AC equiped. I figured out that I have to remove the panel below the AC (one screw below in the centre, and to clip) to gain access to the two scews that secure the audio head. (see picture and picture). Sorry no good pic.
Then I should be able to pull out the stereo, so far I know, there should be 13 clip to secure it.
But it's really not moving. I was able to un clip the right botom part, but nothing more. I don't want to damage anything, and the left part of the panel really won't get loose. So I prefer to ask in case I missed some step or if the HowTo is incomplete.
I am using plastic bike wheel tool make lever to unclip the panel, but if you have any advise, I take.
Thank you for at least reading.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Thank you,
I have a model with no cable to control AC just electrical commands, easier to remove.
In fact, it turns out that all I had to do is to pull REALLY hard. I took some pics I'll post in a few days. The objective is to install a GROM usb/iPod plus a bluetooth dongle. It's mostly done, all I still have to do is to make a better bracket to secure the GROM device. I'll give you my feed back on the device, but so far it is quite good, it works.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Please do give an update when you can.

Do you have the 07 Sport? I'm possibly interested in adding such a device (one that would provide slightly more advanced connectivity over the 3.5mm jack) but am curious about menu navigation, etc. Thanks in advance for any feedback. There seem to be several options.

EDIT: since you have electrical AC controls you must have a different model. I wonder if the stereo is still the same?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Oh you're in France, I forgot you guys get the digital stuff there. LUCKY!
But yeah, only hard part is pulling it hard from one side. Once you got it out, it's all easy.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Ok, I finally manage to remove the Audio, mainly by pulling hard. Some pics :
Here in the circle I could use a screw driver as a lever to apply some pressure on the back of the audio unit
the kind of bike tool I used.
A notch I found on the left side of the audio panel wher I could fit a flat screwdriver. I also Used a plastic tool behind the screwdriver to avoid marking the panel, but I missed a third hand to maintain it in place when taking the picture.

Now for the Grom report, I'll make another threat.