Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

JDM Roof storage console installed !

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Yuf, as soon as I get the CL map lights installed with the roof console, I'll be posting pictures. It will be tight, but it should look good and be VERY functional.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Just got mine today, thanks Ben! But I'm going to do some modifications to it, and on Friday I'll post exactly what I'm going to do with it Cutting the hole and putting the metal bracket was the easy part. The masking tape I used wasn't sticking so the template kept moving. This was the easy part... the modification will require some work. Check back later on Friday

Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by marokero
Just got mine today, thanks Ben! But I'm going to do some modifications to it, and on Friday I'll post exactly what I'm going to do with it Cutting the hole and putting the metal bracket was the easy part. The masking tape I used wasn't sticking so the template kept moving. This was the easy part... the modification will require some work. Check back later on Friday
I be there to check on it haha make sure u pm me as well lol j/p

Old 09-12-2006, 04:49 AM
I installed my CL map lights with the integrated Homelink. IMO, looks good and is VERY functional.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:40 AM
How did you mount the map lights?

Old 09-12-2006, 09:56 AM
I had two 8” long mounting braces with oval holes from an old stereo installation kit. I trimmed approx 2” off each. I then bent them kind of like “_/~\_” to line up with the mounting holes in the map light, and it presses against the head liner to keep it tight. Since the foot area is generous and curved at the edges to reduce the chance of ripping the liner, it’s held tightly into place. I trimmed as little roof liner as possible. Then one ground wire to the rear view mirror bolt and the power from the dome light.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:11 PM
JDM
b17gsr: NICE JOB!

I wanted to know if you have any pics of the bracket you fabricated for this install? Also, how is the homelink working out?

Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 PM
thanks

BTW, the pictures don't do it justice.

Being that I fabbed, test fitted and completed the install past 4am local time, I wasn't in the mood to snap pictures. I'm still waiting for the actual connector for the lights to arrive. Once I get it, I will take better pictures of the install and brackets.

As for the Homelink, it works as well as the unit in our Odyssey. I was very happy to remove that dreaded garage door opener that was clipped to the sun visor.

I stopped by the Honda dealership a few nights ago to get some parts. The parts guy had a look, and said it looked OEM and Honda should have installed them from the factory.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:29 PM
JDM
Thanks for the quick reply. I will soon be following your footsteps!

Great work!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by b17gsr
thanks

BTW, the pictures don't do it justice.

Being that I fabbed, test fitted and completed the install past 4am local time, I wasn't in the mood to snap pictures. I'm still waiting for the actual connector for the lights to arrive. Once I get it, I will take better pictures of the install and brackets.
Have you had a chance to take some pictures of the bracket yet?

Old 11-02-2006, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Question. I'm new to the forum and a 2007 Fit owner. I saw this post and the console looks like a great addition but I have not had any luck finding it on the web. Can you point me in the right direction for the console and maps lights?

Thanks,
Steve.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
JDM
I had two 8” long mounting braces with oval holes from an old stereo installation kit. I trimmed approx 2” off each. I then bent them kind of like “_/~\_” to line up with the mounting holes in the map light, and it presses against the head liner to keep it tight. Since the foot area is generous and curved at the edges to reduce the chance of ripping the liner, it’s held tightly into place. I trimmed as little roof liner as possible. Then one ground wire to the rear view mirror bolt and the power from the dome light.
Brian,
How do you wire the CL Maplight/Homelink to the dome light? Here is the one I have ....

Thanks.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I used pins from either a engine harness or ECU harness to slide over the pins. I used the two outer pins only (with electrical tape to isolate them). I can't remember which pin was ground, and which pin was power. I found the information in my 00 Odyssey service manual.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eGadgetGeek
Question. I'm new to the forum and a 2007 Fit owner. I saw this post and the console looks like a great addition but I have not had any luck finding it on the web. Can you point me in the right direction for the console and maps lights?

Thanks,
Steve.
Here it is. Had to search to find it. http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...cat=155&page=2

As for the map light.
No point, the map light is the same as the Element and RSX.
You can pick one up at a Honda Dealership. Get one you like that will fit.

Last edited by 2hot6ft2; 11-07-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Master FitFreaker
wow bad ass CL map light

Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 PM
JDM
Just finished installing them and also posted a new thread for you guys to see.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
2hot6ft2, Thanks for the info. I did manage to finally stubble across that website after I kept searching. So the dealership will have the maplights with the Homelink or just the plain maplights. Also, sorry for making you repeat yourself on the map light. I re-read the thread and saw where you mentioned it earlier.

Last edited by eGadgetGeek; 11-08-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eGadgetGeek
2hot6ft2, Thanks for the info. I did manage to finally stubble across that website after I kept searching. So the dealership will have the maplights with the Homelink or just the plain maplights. Also, sorry for making you repeat yourself on the map light. I re-read the thread and saw where you mentioned it earlier.
You're welcome. I would think the dealerships would have several to choose from. Just tell them what you want with or without homelink and the size of the area you'll be installing it in.

It's easy to miss something or forget where it was when you want to find it. The search function at the top helps sometimes but sometimes it brings more info than what you care to sift thru for what you're after.

When in doubt ask. That's what the forum is for. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
A-J Racing is currently out of stock on the console but my local dealer has the light with the HomeLink in-stock. Hope to get there before the close today to pick it up so I can work on it over the weekend.

Any suggestions on cutting the headliner? I always seem to have a knack for screwing those kind of things up.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting this too. How much is the dealer asking for the map lights with Homelink? Which model car are you buying it from?

Quick Reply: JDM Roof storage console installed !