Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

will ScanGauge II work with USDM Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:55 AM
will ScanGauge II work with USDM Fits?

http://www.scangauge.com/

Has anyone purchased one, and does it work with the Fit? It's not listed in their incompatibility list, but better safe than sorry. I read in another thread that a similar OBD2 device from Greddy doesn't work with the Fit, hence my hesitation to purchase the device. I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer but have not gotten an answer yet.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:35 AM
the rentel i am driving has one of those built in to the dash - its so cool. makes keeping tract of your miliage so easy. you can also change your driving style and watch your mpgs change before your eyes. of course the car is awful to drive so there is no desire to move it like the fit - feels like i am draging a tractor trailor under me. its so strange how well the fit drives compared to other 2007 cars and so sad that in order to get good gas miliage we cant drive it that way.

i want one of those things.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marokero
http://www.scangauge.com/

Has anyone purchased one, and does it work with the Fit? It's not listed in their incompatibility list, but better safe than sorry. I read in another thread that a similar OBD2 device from Greddy doesn't work with the Fit, hence my hesitation to purchase the device. I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer but have not gotten an answer yet.
If you get a response, be sure to post it here - I'd love to have one of these!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:19 PM
jrlnc has told me the original ScanGauge works on his Fit, so I placed the order for version 2. I'll post some pics and a short review when it arrives sometime next week.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking this will be prety high on my wish list as well...good stuff!!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
I've been PM'ing with jrlnc and have ordered mine as well.

I'll be reporting back after I've had some time with it!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Post Scangauge II compatibility with the Fit

Yes folks. It DOES work on the Fit.

I've had mine about 1 month. I bought it through eBay. You can also buy it from the manufacturer.
It gives digital readouts of:

Fuel Economy
Fuel Rate [The Fit doesn't provide info for this gauge]
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Speed (RPM)
Vehicle speed (MPH)
Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles) [DOES work on the Fit]
Engine Load
Throttle Position
Ignition Timing
Open/Closed Loop

I too will post some pics when I get the time.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:40 AM
I received a reply to my e-mail to the manufacturer:

If it was originally sold in the US or Canada,
your car is compatible with
the ScanGaugeII. The only thing you won't get is
fuel-pressure. All other
gauges and functions will work fine on it.

And what do you know, you can adjust the backlighting to more or less match the Fit's blue instrument/radio lighting

Old 09-05-2006, 04:13 PM
A few pics of the ScanGauge in place on my dash:

Later I'm going to tack that wire with some hot glue so it stays more or less flush. I didn't want to place the ScanGauge in the middle of the dash as I already have my TomTom navigation there, and I don't want more wire clutter to show. So far so good, no engine codes to display (meaning there are no problems), and tonight I'll check the brightness of the backlighting which I already set to blue.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
What are the numbers for? I know the RPM & voltage, but nothing else..

Old 09-05-2006, 05:19 PM
You can see what the abreviations mean on this pdf of the ScanGauge II manual: http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/SGIIManual.pdf

But the ones displayed in the picture are:

fIA - Intake air temperature measured in f or c for farenheight or celsius respectively

LOD - Engine loading

Old 09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
I was going to say alberto, since you are on L.I i could've checked your engine codes with a scanner anytime you need! But since you got the scan gaugell it's nice! And since it stays there are give you x-tra info, it's like lcd guages! hehehe

Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Lance, thanks for the offer, one of these day's I'll make it to a meeting One thing I wish could be improved is the brightness and contrast of the lcd backlighting. Blue is not that easy to read even set on high brightness, so I played around with the color settings and decided on green, which gave me the best contrast to quickly glance and be able to read the gauge data. Being able to see the actual mpg while driving helped improve my average from 27mpg to 28mpg! It's even more enjoyable now having this telemetry available to you while driving

Old 09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
ScanGaugeII report

ScanGaugeII report -

I received mine in the mail last Friday. It took about 3 minutes for me to hook it up and had it up and running. I think it took longer to open the box than it did to get it connected!!

I had downloaded and read the manual a couple of times before getting it so that I would be familiar with the controls and what it would do.

I spent a couple of hours "playing" with it, and it is a pretty neat device!!

I decided to mount mine on top of the steering column, just behind the steering wheel. I have direct view and the only thing that it blocks are indicator lamps (headlight, fog, low-beam, high-beam, turn signals, etc.) which is fine with me.

When using this device is Trip Mode, it will automatically give you a readout for mpg for the current Trip (also, Today, Yesterday, and Tank.) Every time I get ready to go somewhere - it is a new challenge!!!

Last tank I got 33.3 mpg - the best so far. This tank, OMG!!! According to SG, I'm at 36.5 mpg. I'm at 200 miles on this tank, and my needle is still about 3/4 of the tank!!!!

===================================

I've now been driving around with this thing for 4 days now. Here's what I can report on how to get the best mileage:
- accelerate at 1/2 throttle or less
- shift before 3,400 rpm
- shift as soon as you can
- do anything and everything that you can to limit rpms!!!

Observations:
- coasting in neutral yields the best mileage (which is illegal is some areas, so you do so at your own risk.)
- coasting it top gear is better than downshifting.
- when you downshift, rpm goes up, fuel use goes up, even if you aren't pressing the throttle, gas mileage goes down.

Yesterday, while driving in town, I was able to do 37.4 mpg simply by watching everything going on around me. If there is a traffic light 1/4 mile in front of me, and it is going to be red when I get there - I'm in neutral and coasting the whole way there!

Can't wait to run an autocross this Sunday and see what kind of mileage I'll get - LOL!!!! I typically get 3.3 mpg in 1st gear on take-off!!

Old 09-06-2006, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
That's kewl! But only 1 mpg? You have a heavy foot!~

Old 09-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by jrlnc

I've had mine about 1 month. I bought it through eBay. You can also buy it from the manufacturer.

Fuel Economy
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Speed (RPM)
Vehicle speed (MPH)
Engine Load
Throttle Position
Ignition Timing
Open/Closed Loop

I just got my ScangaugeII and I am not sure where I should put it in my Fit? Where did you put yours? Thanks.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
I mounted mine, with the included velcro, on top of my steering column. Others have mounted on the left side of the dash.

I like my location because I can see and reach it easily.

==========================================

The autocross that I referred to earlier was cancelled so I don't have any info from that.

==========================================

.. and YES, I have a heavy foot - but then again I only have two, and they are about the same size!!!

Last edited by wyy183; 09-12-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
how cool is this thing?!

omg I must have one of these! I think I'll have to make a couple trips to Columbus and use my mileage check!

Any chance any of the folks in our vender's area can get these or is it best to just order direct from the manufacturer?

Last edited by Hasafraker; 09-12-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
I have to dissagree with you on one point

Originally Posted by jrlnc

Fuel Economy
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Speed (RPM)
Vehicle speed (MPH)
Engine Load
Throttle Position
Ignition Timing
Open/Closed Loop

The "Fuel Rate" does work. At least on mine it does, it's GPH=Gallons Per Hour.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
The only reason I didn't install it on the steering column is because when I turn the wheel I can't see the ScanGauge

Quick Reply: will ScanGauge II work with USDM Fits?