Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Dead pedal ,photos, DIY, answers, questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
Dead pedal ,photos, DIY, answers, questions

Has anyone found a good clean dead pedal install? It's an overlooked item, until you don't have anywhere solid for your left foot.

Cheers.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Zeta is working on one currently:

Zeta Dead Pedal thread. That's the only aftermarket solution I know about right now.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on zeta. I will probably be getting their armrest, so that will make it easy.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
You're welcome! It sounds like they should be really close to releasing it

Old 07-18-2006, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
Based on their description on the website, I am a little hesitant about drilling through the floor. That would be opening the door for corrosion. I know with proper installation that can be reduced to almost nothing, but it would still be better not to breach the integrity of the sheetmetal.

I don't actually have a Fit yet, but I would imagine there are other options for mounting the dead pedal. When I get mine, I will definitely take a hard look for other ways.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
I heard about drilling too, but Zeta did say that no drilling will be required...

Old 07-19-2006, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
I heard about drilling too, but Zeta did say that no drilling will be required...
Good Day All:

We will be manufacturing a dead pedal for the new Fit. Anyone willing to test our prototype? Please be advised that the pedal will be bolted to the floor. The mounting plate will then be covered by the floor mat. If you don't want to screw into your floor, you may want to take a pass on this. Pleas email/PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

I cut and pasted the above from the thread Packy linked in one of his posts. It says the pedal will be bolted to the floor, so I assumed drilling would be required. There might already be something there to bolt it to, but since I don't have a Fit yet, I can't investigate.

When I originally saw this, I thought it would be easy to use the existing mounts for the center console. Then I remembered the only Fits I have driven have been right hand drive, and for the US the dead pedal will mount by the door, not the console. Left hand, right hand, day, night...it can get confusing at times.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
In the 2nd page of Zeta's Dead Pedal post https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...?t=4512&page=2

You can see that no drilling is required..

Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LiL Wee FIT
In the 2nd page of Zeta's Dead Pedal post https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...?t=4512&page=2

You can see that no drilling is required..
That's what I get for not reading the entire thread. Thanks, I'll have to tell Zeta I am in for one. Out-effing-standing!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Zeta IS making us wait, b/c it's just a stupid dead pedal!..... (not a quote)

Old 07-20-2006, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
But i am interested!

Old 07-23-2006, 07:29 AM
pce
Foot Rest

pcePosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:52 pm Post subject: Left Foot Rest G'day
Has anybody either bought or made a reasonable quality foot rest for the CVT Jazz. I was a bit surprised not to see one come with the car. I am reasonably handy so can make one but would prefer not to have to learn myself how best to fit it if somebody eles has already "been there". Any advice as to mounting/installation would be much appreciated - especially ability to get to the bolts "inside"/underneath" what would be the "transmission tunnel".
Thanks in anticipation
pce

PS Not sure but suspect US has a different term.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Th eproblem with the dead pedal that is going to be made is that it will be designed for a LHD car, not a RHD. There may be installation differences...if you search using dead pedal you'll find a couple of DIY's that I found on RHD JDM Fits.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Bump...

I know that Zeta is working on a dead pedal offering (but I don't think it is out yet).

I was wondering if anyone had found alternate sources or come up with an acceptable home-brew approach that they wanted to share.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Carbroad + duckttape = deadpedal!

The deadpedal will be out the day Zeta gets back from vacation.. prolly monday btw.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:32 PM
From what zeta showed in their pics made sense so I went and bought a dead pedal from Advance AUto Parts and welded two brackets to it and bolted it to the hood latch bracket attachments. Looks good and feels great, Ill get some pics of it on tonight

Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
aw damn. let's see some pictures!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
There are no ducks in tape, Duct Tape, but anyways on topic, I really miss my dead pedal...maybe i should make a dead clutch.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Halcyon
There are no ducks in tape, Duct Tape, but anyways on topic, I really miss my dead pedal...maybe i should make a dead clutch.
actually i heard that "duct tape" originally was designed for the army in wwII to keep moisture and water out of the ammo clips in their guns. The water would beed off the tape when it got wet like water off a duck's back, so they called it duck tape. After wwII, they began to use it in the housing boom to seal ducts in homes,so then carried the name of duct tape to this day.

But anyway, I didn't have time last night to post pics but I will be sure to post them tonight...of the dead pedal I made that is.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
I want pics of the cardboard pedal!

Quick Reply: Dead pedal ,photos, DIY, answers, questions