Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Black Amethyst Pearl Club?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
The Official Black Amethyst Pearl Thread

Looks like I'm going to be pretty lonely in this club

But today the car arrived to the cardealer in the town. And the shop was closed when I arrived there, I could only get a glimse trough the window into the dark shop but I could spot my car in there! What a joy!

Here is a picture taken of it. The first of many to come. This is pretty bad, my digital camera was drained for power and I had to use the mobilephone camera. But you could see that it is not totaly black, it has a hint off violet in the color.

Last edited by F0NIX; 03-15-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
COOL COLOR! I never seen that before! Very unique!

Old 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
pimpin... ...

Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I've told you before that I envy you for this color, and I still do! The only car I've seen in that color in the U.S. is the PT Cruiser, and I'm not a fan of that car at all.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
First close look at my new car.
Since the car came in to town very late last evening just before the shop closed, they did not have time to do anything to the car. And they had a lot of other cars to take care of today. I was not expecting they to do be open today at all. But luckily they was, so I could take a closer look on how it was before the styling came on. I was also very eager to get a more feeling of the color of the car and I'm convinced it going to look great.

First picture, from behind:

Full size picture

As you see on this pictures, the car is still dirty after its 1700km long journey from Drammen (1400km on train and 300km on truck transport) to Tromsų. But you get a good view on the color anyway.

Next picture, front:

Full size picture

No, it is not carbon on the hood and the roof. It is just a layer of protecting plastic for the transport. The rims also had a plastic cover on them.

This looks promising.
More pictures will come, and I already have more details on this site (comments in Norwegian only).

Old 01-20-2007, 10:58 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i like that color...with a nasty body kit and dark gold wheels it will look fresh
congrats!!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:44 AM
im sure as the Fit gets more and more popular... more Body Color options will come out... here in my town we dont have a white Fit here..or maybe i havent seen one yet

nice car though...YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 PM
nice color...very unique

Old 02-02-2007, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
The car finaly was ready for pickup and I got it this evening (actually its saturday night now and I got it friday evening).
The front and rear bumper actually looks better than I had imagined and the impression I got from the picture I've seen of the car with this styling set.

First impression of the car (after driving for about 80km this evening) in the town and out of town, it is just perfect and even better than the car I tested in october last year (but that was a '06 MT).
It took me 2 roundabouts to get used the CVT but after that it was just a dream

It was a little strange to drive in "first gear" all the time (it never change gear so you feel or hear it in D mode) because of the CVT.

The only downside so far is the drive-by-wire delay on the throttle. But I can get used to it I think.

I look in terror for monday morning when I will get in the car at work (Yaris Verso) with MT, think I'm going to stall the motor at the first crossing

And now to the rare color:

Here you see a picture taken inside the shop with not enough lights. But it looks realy nice. Just imagine this color in the sunshine?
(more pictures at this site.)

Specs on the car (everything stock), Jazz 1.4L CVT GD1 with 1668 as the four last digits on the VIN. But should there be 6 digits? If so the number is 201668. Its made in Japan and rolled out of the factory 6/11-06.

Standard equipment from factory:
AUX jack (standard from '07).
Heating in mirrors.
Turn signal in front on the mirrors.
Electronic AC
Not sure what type of OEM CD player and radio there is in this, but it's said it is made by Pioneer.
CVT with 7-speed mode with paddles. P, R, N, D, S (7-speed mode) and L mode. (have not heard of the L mode before...).
Keyless entry.
Otherwise it look like its equipped like the US Fit base model.

Added equipment before pickup:
New front bumber, side skirts, rear bumber and roof spoiler painted in body color.
All-season mats at front and rear seats.
All-season mats in cargo bay.
Foglights.
Teflon coating on the paint.
Alu wheel on summer tires (steelies on winter tires that are on now).
Anti theft alarm (not mounted yet, but ordered for mounting next week)

Old 02-02-2007, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice color! What is the actual Honda paint code?

Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 AM
nice kit man... is your antenna really at da front?! dats nice!

Old 02-03-2007, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_4_a_king
Very nice color! What is the actual Honda paint code?
The paint code is RP-37P.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
"Electronic A/C"???

does it mean it is not belt driven like old A/C system???

is is for NOrway only or is it also for USDM???

Old 02-03-2007, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bestfit
"Electronic A/C"???
does it mean it is not belt driven like old A/C system???
Electronic A/C means that you set the temprature electronicaly with an up/down switch and the A/C will regulate itselfe to that value.
And thats why the facia/frame around the OEM radio/CD-player is diffrent because of those dials and the round little A/C display in the middle.
Originally Posted by bestfit
is is for NOrway only or is it also for USDM???
I think it is a Europe /Japan only. Not only Norway.
By the way, my car is made in Japan. All european Jazz is made in Japan.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
Electronic A/C means that you set the temprature electronicaly with an up/down switch and the A/C will regulate itselfe to that value.
And thats why the facia/frame around the OEM radio/CD-player is diffrent because of those dials and the round little A/C display in the middle.
I think it is a Europe /Japan only. Not only Norway.
By the way, my car is made in Japan. All european Jazz is made in Japan.

i see.. thanks for your info...once again nice Jazz you got..

Old 02-03-2007, 09:06 PM
found this pic..on your site.. you got steering wheel radio/volume control too?? nice nice.. what is that "round" button" on right side of handle..we have cruise control button there.. is that "Nitro" button???

Old 02-04-2007, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
The buttons on the left side of the steering wheel is radio volume up/down, preset channel up/down and radio mode button (change between preset banks FM1, FM2 and AM, 6 preset in each bank). Not sure yet how these work when using the CD-player except for the volume buttons. Probably next/prev buttons and repeate mode (hope they work like that though).

The single button on the right side is the "7-speed mode" button for the CVT system. See this thread about the cvt systems and the modes there.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
More pictures of my new car:

Steering wheel and instrument panel.

Radio/CD-player and AC system.

First picture of the car in the sun. (Low winter sun) Here you can truly see the nice color of the car. I love the color more each time I look at it close up. As you see in the picture later it looks black.

And then I tried a photoshoot, but the sun was gone behind some clouds and later behind the mountains. We have only a few hours of sun here at this time of the year. Hopefully I will find another day with better sunshine and better weather (it was freezing cold outside because of the wind and close to the sea).

More pictures can be seen at this site.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:32 AM
vbo

I hesitate between vivid blue and black amethyst !

You can take more pictures (with sun, without sun, and if you can, side a vivid blue)

You like this color ? Thats make sport, tuning or old ?

Thank you

Old 02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vbo

I hesitate between vivid blue and black amethyst !
Nothing to think about, Black Amethyst Perl is absolutely the coolest color
(I'm probably a bit biased here...)

In the morning today at work people said; "nice black car you got". Later the same day, someone asked; "I thought your car was black this morning, or is it another car outside now?" I looked outside and the low wintersun was shining on it and it was obvius the color was dark violet

Originally Posted by vbo
You can take more pictures (with sun, without sun, and if you can, side a vivid blue)
Have to wait a few weeks until we got more sun up here. Its only shining for a few hours now. And I only have time to take photos of it in the weekends at mid day.

But I will put up some more images of the car as soon as I can get some cool pictures of it in the sun.

Have not seen any Vivid Blue Jazz/Fit in this area for a long time. There was one here for a while back, but that car was from sweeden. There has not been sold any Blue Jazz in this area either.

Blue cars ar dull

Originally Posted by vbo
You like this color ? Thats make sport, tuning or old ?
Yes, I like the color.
Sport? Tuning? Old?
What do you mean?

Here in Norway we only get to options; 1.4L manual or 1.4L CVT. Ofcourse with many color options. But you can add the sports styling if you like (as I did). The car does not look like a typical "small car" any more, it looks a lot more sporty with the styling on. Especially the little roof wing does realy make it sporty. I think so at least, and many of my co-workers also thought it looked very sporty.

Quick Reply: Black Amethyst Pearl Club?