Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

recent pics of trip and test fit..

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
They're gonna look sick and anyone who's anyone important in the Fit community is on Fit Freak so all will know you did it first.

Let 'em copy, they'll just look ridiculous when they post their pics up - someone will post a link back to this thread when you were getting the wheels test fitted and how they were the first wheels from CCW made for a Honda Fit.

And of course now that I saw something different on my car (I'm the Nick who came by to double check the caliper clearance) from my OEM black stockies I want wheels now hardcore. But no worries, because as nice as CCW is they aren't up my alley for a bunch of reasons - mostly student loans. And I want some bright ridiculous looking color.

Anyway, you're the originator, and all others will be imitators. Write that down.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
amen..lol oh and thanks for taking the time to let dan fit the wheels....

Last edited by Jap 07 Fit; 11-03-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by mimpi
hmm. doubting 205 will work mate, without a rear fender pull. did u tested it on the rear? well atleast with mine the clearance to the fender with just a roll aint so friendly so i went with 195 on my 8" 30+ Works. it does helps

i had 195/50/16 when i had my old volks 16x8 +38 though difference 8mm dish lol. 45s looks good on dumped cars, as if there is no gaps between tyres and wheel arch. 50s looks the good if the car is moderately low like mine. reffer sig pic.

oh well just do whatever, its fun i tell ya haha, the whole offset thing.

just my 2c.
We're using Dunlop Direzza DZ101's which have a smaller tread width than most other 205's; that and the sidewall construction and shape is unique. The size were using is a 205/40/16 which a 205/45/16 is the correct diameter tire to use but the same thing applies to your 195' use. Shorter sidewall makes the stretch angle better which is what is happening with the 195's you use execpt the stretch was less pronounced than these will be. Antony and Annate are aware of some rolling, trimming, etc. that will have to go on with getting these to fit but to get the flush look you already know that :-)! Should take a good roll, little trimming of the bumper where it meets the fender and about 1.5-2 degrees of camber.

205/40/16 Dunlop Sidewall Stretch on a 16x8
355842884_NThgf-L.jpg?t=1225764182

will look bad ass when done...

PS: Thanks Nick! Your help was much appreciated!

Last edited by ccdan; 11-03-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
funny im using that tyres too. top choice will see how it goes. either way its gonna be nice.

heres the pic of mine
Name:  IMG_2194-av.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  31.8 KB

Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jap 07 Fit
amen..lol oh and thanks for taking the time to let dan fit the wheels....
No problem, Dan said to just bill you for my new set of CCWs for all the hard work...

ha, Just Kidding!

Anxious to see what the final setup/look will be!

Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
[quote=just ticks me off that i post a teaser and i got some one asking where and how they can get the same wheels...sorry i feel thats bitting a person especially the same offset and finish..... so think w.e you want.... ohh and iam a walk in customer...[/quote]

First off I have been looking for a set of theses wheels since I saw the at a car show in the summer just didnt know how to get them and technically you are not the first person to have a set so you are bitting off of whoever had a set before you, not to mention im sure that you are not the first person with a fit either, so you are no different than me or anybody else. And since I never asked you what size offset what tire you going to be using, or that I was going to get the same wheel or the same color. Plus my fit isnt even the same color, so I dont see how you could say Im bitting but if it make you feel better, go ahead.

Last edited by HONDAJUNKIE; 11-16-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
First off - What's bitting off?

Now, I think this side discussion about the wheels and copying, etc. should end. Here's a guy who's excited by the fact (I think) that this is, as far as CCW is concerned, the first Fit (a subcompact economy car - not their usual demographic judging from their website and their reputation) so he's got some bragging rights for that. Plus he dropped a good chunk of change I'm sure for this setup.
So maybe he's out of line to get apprehensive when someone asks for specs. Whatever. You got your specs. He's still got the first set CCWs customized for a 4x100 econo-box honda. I think that's what it comes down to at the end of the day.
I'm not trying to mediate or step on toes but I see tons of Fits on here with parts and setups and schemes and any number of things I want (These wheels included). Maybe someday I'll get those things, maybe not. If I ever do, I'll know where I got the idea and I'm not going to rip anyone off if they "originated" it. And maybe there'll be things I do with my Fit or my future cars that I post online and people get ideas from and want to know the parts and where to get them too. Whatever. No one can expect to buy something or customize something without anticipating it'll be mimicked by others, especially if it looks good. I'm pretty sure the first guy who put his baseball cap on backwards is thinking "look what I did" with a smirk. And it should be no different here. Jap 07 Fit did it first, he's got the bragging rights. Now its on to others to build on it, change it up, make it better (or worse) or whatever.
I don't see why there should be any huffy puffy over all this. But that's just me. The CCWs look awesome. Stretched tires may be dangerous but they're FTW asethetically. Since I live down the street from CCW maybe I'll go get some too . . .

Old 11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
First off - What's bitting off?

You got your specs.
It means basically who copied who but maybey you didnt understand that but Im not sure as to how you couldnt???????????

Plus I never asked him about specs, dimentions, sizes, etc...... So I am also not sure why you would say I got my specs????????

I just asked where and how to get mine and I never implied that it would even be those wheels so Im kinda confused about that also????????

Mabey he is the first fit on this site with those wheels, I saw a fit with them wheels at a car show this summer and the guy who had them said he got them from a guy who had them on a civic, and he didnt know who made them or the name of them which is why I asked in the first place but WHATEVER???????

So not to be smart or anything but I dont think you even read my original post on this subject but maybey you and others should before you post a comment or reply, I know I would

Also j-line makes a wheel simular to this which I though of buying but I wanted to see which was lighter and cheaper I wasnt expecting a who did what first debate about bitting like any of us where the originators of any trends in the honda world, even though I was modding hondas long before you guys were im sure of

Old 11-16-2008, 06:45 PM
uhh...don't want people copy your style?...try...design your own wheels, or don't post up pictures on the internet?

Last edited by fitinfit; 11-16-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitinfit
uhh...don't want people copy your style?...try...design your own wheels, or don't post up pictures on the internet?
This is the realist thing I heard anyone say on this site in a while

Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitinfit
diaf bitters.

Last edited by Jap 07 Fit; 11-17-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice rims!!! I wanted to get those for my fit, but you foiled my plan..I Hate You..J/k bro I'm go a different route now... it's another company that makes custom wheels to the order..Like CCW's they are not cheap, I know your bank account hates you now.. I must confess I am a bit jealous of u now.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MissyFit
Nice rims!!! I wanted to get those for my fit, but you foiled my plan..I Hate You..J/k bro I'm go a different route now... it's another company that makes custom wheels to the order..Like CCW's they are not cheap, I know your bank account hates you now.. I must confess I am a bit jealous of u now.
lol thanks man....

Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
I loves these wheels. I think they're my favorite non-JDM wheel.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
thanks guys