Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Div's 2007 Fit manual Restore/JDM Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Div's 2007 Fit manual Restore/JDM Build Thread!

Hi all, I just acquired a 2007 Fit manual in Storm Silver.. it's purpose is to be my super reliable daily driver with the goals of restoring all the exterior/interior bits that aren't optimal and or eye pleasing and doing some light mods/JDM things over the course. I've been a massive Honda fan my entire life so this will be a fun project for me.

Just bought the car yesterday from a Kia dealership 2 hours away from me.. Here's how she sits right now:
Name:  Vhduwg2l.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  68.9 KB
Name:  BeBGqxml.jpg
Size:  67.1 KB

My only other vehicle, 2013 Repsol CBR600RR #84:
Name:  TNUKAVAl.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  44.0 KB

Previous project car now sold:
Name:  mNZFNmYl.jpg
Size:  68.2 KB

Glad to be a part of the community, thanks to Desmond (forum member) to get me interested in a Fit as a DD!

-Jay

Last edited by Diversion; 04-17-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Diversion
Hi all, I just acquired a 2007 Fit manual in Storm Silver.. it's purpose is to be my super reliable daily driver with the goals of restoring all the exterior/interior bits that aren't optimal and or eye pleasing and doing some light mods/JDM things over the course. I've been a massive Honda fan my entire life so this will be a fun project for me.

Just bought the car yesterday from a Kia dealership 2 hours away from me.. Here's how she sits right now:

My only other vehicle, 2013 Repsol CBR600RR #84:

Previous project car now sold:

Glad to be a part of the community, thanks to Desmond (forum member) to get me interested in a Fit as a DD!

-Jay
Ahh np bro. I was Happy to do it. Cant wait to have photo shoots in Jax Beach or further south and modding our cars "tastefully". I cant wait for the opportunity to visit. Take you to my good friends shop Titan Motorsports (Hi Nero and Baadal). Now Jay let's get to work making our fits join some of the best here.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:27 AM
List of things that need to be fixed/checked out:

1) Gurgling from heater core (air)
2) Steering is very twitchy at 60mph+, electric PS issue or maybe I just need a good alignment
3) Can't unlock doors besides drivers side.. Using the interior button nor the fob will unlock the other doors anymore.. Only can unlock drivers side.. Weird issue..
4) Brakes are erratic.. They fall to the floor before they really grab and do anything and sometimes grab a lot more at the top causing me look like I dont know how to stop a car!
5) Clutch isn't smooth.. engages erratic.. Maybe fluid/master cylinder issue? Once i'm moving all the shifting is smooth as butter.. coming out of first can be tricky.. either I stall or I have to rev it up a lot.. or it just vibrates a lot with normal 1st gear usage.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Anyone have any ideas? Especially the random doors not unlocking. Last night he had things in the back he couldn't get out to take into his house. Thanks to any current/previous 1st gen owners that had any of these issues arise and what the fixes were. Thank you in advanced on behalf of Diversion.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Dropping the Fit at local Honda for full inspection, will update.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:24 PM
What about just manually unlocking the doors from within the car? Does that work? How many miles/kilometers are on it?

Old 04-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by DWils
What about just manually unlocking the doors from within the car? Does that work? How many miles/kilometers are on it?
No, does not work.. 133k miles on the car.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Okay an overdue update.. took the car into Honda for a full inspection and had anything required to be fixed/addressed:

Was mostly positive news and nothing major: Front brake pads were on BACKWARDS (fixed), gurgling water sound (Fixed by full radiator flush), serpentine belt was shot (replaced), valve cover/oil cap gasket leaky (fixed).

Then took my car to my mechanic and he performed the clutch delay valve delete (Highly recommend this mod folks).. Made all my clutch weird issues go completely away.

Clutch squeeks a lot when pushing in the pedal but whatever, he said it was a joint that he couldn't get to for applying grease. Maybe Honda can fix this.

Everything else is in great shape according to my mechanic and Honda.. About $1000 later for all these items and labor.

Edit: Honda had a recall to perform on my Fit for the master power window switch.. they think it should have fixed my door unlocking issues and so good, no issues, everything functioning like normal.

Edit #2: Nothing wrong with power steering, Honda tuned the EPS to be fast on purpose.. Shrug. I'm used to driving it now.

Last edited by Diversion; 06-08-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Onto the mods:

Spoon Sports Shorty Antenna
Authentic Honda LED Tail Lights
Authentic Honda LED Center Brake Light

Name:  GduK1RTl.jpg
Size:  57.5 KB
Name:  QUeJhagl.jpg
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  ewH18Zxl.jpg
Size:  57.5 KB

Old 06-08-2014, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good. I always thought that colour was the other silver. Not storm silver. Where did you order the OEM led tails and brake light from? Any thoughts on swithing up your spoiler?

Old 06-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Jay I'm so glad you were able to purchase most of this stuff i found. I cant wait for the JDM console to go in. The console in my 2nd gen allowed me to store my wallet and other things i'd want quik access to. I wish there was as much stuff here for my '13. I'll keep looking for stuff for you when needed. BTW guys I've known Jay since I was in college in '99.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Looks good. I always thought that colour was the other silver. Not storm silver. Where did you order the OEM led tails and brake light from? Any thoughts on swithing up your spoiler?
Thank you- There's only Storm Silver in 07-08. I have thought about it but this will be a long journey.. Plenty of time to decide what to do!