Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Taffeta White GD3 Sport daily-driver [Pictures/Build/Discussion]

Old 09-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Taffeta White GD3 Sport daily-driver [Pictures/Build/Discussion]

Hey everyone, My name is Seamus. I'm new to fit freak and relatively new to gd3 ownership but a seasoned honda veteran and all around car guy. I am a Fabricator/Tuner/Race-tech for a local sportscar race team called Flat-out Motorsports. We mainly deal with spec miata, scca ITS/STL classes, with a few rx7 and s2000 that we support as well. I am part of a very close group of friends and car club known as SoHonda Garage here in the northeast, and needless to say we are honda fanatics to the core. My other project is a JDM 96 Spec Integra Type R, and for bombing around locally I recently purchased a 2012 white/red Ruckus

I just recently moved in the past 6 months and was in need of a new daily driver and i stumbled across this Fit at an infinity dealership and had to snag it. I have always loved GD body fits and always told myself if i was going to get one it was going to be a manual taffwhite sport with black interior. Sure enough, around february this year i found this 40k mile gem sitting on a used car lot at an infinity dealership here in MA. The car was a great base but had been owned previously by someone who modified it and did a few questionable things, so it needed some love but nothing to be unexpected. The car has rolled and pulled fenders and quarters from a huge wheel/tire package from the previous owner and paint was rubbed off and cracked, the rear hatch area was filled with water from leaks, there was questionable taillight wiring from what looked like an ebay "JDM" taillight set. Both fender liners where shredded, the under tray was dragging, the rear shocked were installed with BOTH bushing on the top of the strut tower, there was terribly cheap HIDs installed. Im making it sound worse than it was but realistically it was unacceptable for me so i dug in. On a positive note the car did come with satin black housing headlights, JDM fender markers, rear mugen rep trunk filler panel, some decent pedals, IMMACULATE interior, very clean exterior and very low mileage.

Well, i hope my intro wasn't too long-winded and i look forward to hearing what you all have to say about the current state of the Fit. Hopefully throughout this thread i will deliver good tech/photos/jokes. Anyhow onto the specs.

-Exterior-
-Mugen Visors
-**Members only** SHG club banner. very exclusive
-DIY satin black housing headlights
-JDM fender markers
-Rep Mugen rear garnish

-Wheels/Brakes-
-15x7 +35 Kosei K1 (color matched Taffeta White)
-RAYS Engineering blue lugs

-Performance-
-De-resonated factory air box
-Hand built 2.5" stainless test pipe

-Interior-
-Hand built aluminum dead pedal
-ebizzle armrest
-modified tall guy spec (6'4") driver seat rails
-rsx (optional?) base shift knob
-some sort of brushed stainless pedal covers (obx perhaps?)
-all-weather mats + trunk mat
-optional cargo cover

-Suspension-
-Tein basic coil overs
-SPC camber bolts
-rear toe/camber shims (not sure what brand)

So, not a very extensive list, but again it is my daily and not my main financial focus. Please enjoy and feel free to chime in.

Thanks!:wavy:

Last edited by SHG_Seamus; 09-26-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Very nice car. I remember my eyes were set on TW 08 when I was getting set to buy my 1st car post spinal cord injury but the state wanted leather and power seat so I got a TW Accord EX-L w/Navi. Now im in a 13' TW Fit and love it. My only reservation is that blue brow

Old 09-27-2014, 12:50 PM
thank you! The "blue brow" is actually a SoHonda Garage teal team banner. All team members display it on all of our cars. Its a fun thing we have always done.

for example:

Old 09-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Agreed, nice TW GD3.. Sort of the direction i'm going with my SS GD3.. I really love the Kosei K1s and have been keeping an eye out on a used set.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:38 PM
That poor FC in that back!!!

Old 09-27-2014, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Its nice to see another SHG GD3 on the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing your Fit's build progress whenever you decide to make some changes to it. From what I've seen so far SHG members have always done very tasteful modifications to their rides.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Try not to feel too bad for that FC in death-row back there, it was a non running automatic car that was purchased as a donor for a race car and the front clip was cut off.

Thanks Hootie, I have been a lurker for sometime now and decided to introduce myself. I have some plans in mind for the car, mostly suspension and brake upgrades. I'm still undecided on motor setup, mot people would say the obvious choice it a k-swap but given the weight and nimble nature of the car i feel like a huge boost in power would ruin the balance on the circuit. If 130-150 NA whp were at all attainable with the L15 for a reasonable price point i would much rather run that, but the gearing options and hp/tq figures of the Kseries is hard to say no to. Obviously ill have plenty of time to do testing on the circuit while the car is still L15, so I am yet to be convinced of the necessity of Kpower. I plan to piece together a proper double adjustable coil over setup for the car, probably FA510's adapted from an FA5/FG2 or similar. I also plan to develop a rear disc brake setup from factory honda borrowed components, probably ep3 or similar rear, and for the front i will do the standard 12.1" cooper rotor and dc2r caliper. Keep in mind that these plans fall second to my true project DC2 TypeR, so in time. I am a metal fabricator, race-tech/engineer, tuner so should be able to keep it all relatively affordable, maybe even offer items to the public through SHG in time. anyhow thats the current idea behind it, don't mind my long winded ramblings!

Old 09-30-2014, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Cool car OP.
Cooler plans too.

Welcome to the forum, keep us updated. This site needs more people doing cool things, also, please post pics of the DC2R.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
Very clean...

Old 10-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks Fellas! Here is a snap from after work last week with my best friend and co-SHG member Evan's EP3. Also here is a couple pictures of the TypeR in its current state. There is a long story behind this HUGE project/restoration of a car and when i officially start a build thread for it ill link it in. For now, this is what i have to offer.

Thats all for now

Old 10-02-2014, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, way into that.

Evan's car is super cool. The RG1's are PERFECT.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, so here is a little project i did a month or 2 ago for the Fit that was just something fun i threw together after work with some materials I had from the turbo kit building days. I decided to do a muffler delete because the Fit has pretty small/restrictive piping stock, and i wasn't too concerned with noise or drone considering it still has a stock cat and resonator. The material is all vibrant 304 stainless 2.5" that i bought in U-J style bends and cut apart to pieced back together. The front flange is actually from a tanabe hyper-medallion exhaust i installed on a B18C Ek hatch i did a few years ago and ended up modifying to fit with a long tube header. So literally this was a throw-together from spare stuff i had lying around. Hangers are also vibrant. Anyhow, I'll stop yammering on.

Well, there you have it.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Also, i don't know how everyones browser or forum settings are configured but my browser auto sizes my images, so if anyone is getting GIGANTIC images. Im sorry.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:11 PM
nice work on the custom exhaust!

btw are you located in nyc?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Thanks! No, I used to live in upstate NY and then CT and now MA, if your referring to the NY plate.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
This is a clean car.

The muffler delete looks good. Nice little add on and i'm sure the sound is fine. Trying to get a 130-150 NA L motor at a price friendly tag is near to impossible. With all your basic bolt-ons and Hondata FP you'll be dropping a few G's there. That will only get you to the 115ish WHP range as you can see from other builds on here. Past that will require internal work in the head and possibly pistons. What circuit racing are you doing?