Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Easy puddle light LED install '08 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Easy puddle light LED install '08 Fit

Hi all,

I wanted to share my easy "puddle light" install I rigged up. I bought a couple Alpena LED strips with 3M adhesive backing and mounted them on the underside of the front doors right above the weather stripping. When you close the door, there's a slight gap between the door and the door sill. In other words, the LED strips are not touched/pinched.

I then ran the wires behind the weather stripping up to around where the factory wiring runs from the door to the body...where the rubber boot is. The only exposed wire is where it runs from the weather stripping to the rubber boot. This is all of 1.25 inches of wire. I tucked the wire into the rubber boot, accessed the inside of the car and neatly tied everything into the footwell LEDs I have installed to come on when the door is open. It turned out quite nice and I have all of $20 in the install. Below are some pics:

Where I mounted the LED strips:

Where I ran the wiring. This is the only exposed wire:

The final result. They are BRIGHT. This was taken in my garage in the daytime, so there was still a lot of light around:

The passenger side:

My ride:

More on my Fit here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ext-steps.html

And in terms of LEDs, I have the following:
-as stated, front footwell LEDs in white that are activated when the doors are open
-rear footwell LEDs in white that are activated when the doors are opened
-front & rear footwell LEDs in BLUE that are on a switch (if you've seen my other pics in another post, I have since moved this to a permanent switch on the dash). I use these for night time driving. But if I don't want them on, they are easy to kill.

I'm super pleased with this latest, very easy "puddle light" project. Let me know your thoughts

And as always, mega thanks to the FitFreak community for all the inspiration and help.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Very nice care. It's begging for a scuttle ground effect/stock sport kit and 1.5in drop... ;-)

Old 10-07-2014, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Very nice care. It's begging for a scuttle ground effect/stock sport kit and 1.5in drop... ;-)
Hey man, thanks for your nice words. And yeah, the further I dive into mod-ing my car, I inch closer to a lip kit and mild drop. I'm SERIOUSLY considering it!

Snapped a couple more pics of the full night time functionality of my "puddle lights"...WOW are they bright!! I'll have no problem seeing what I'm stepping into when exiting the car