Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

gawa in 2015 || nothing special this year.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:25 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
are your doors mounted a bit high? I was noticing the gap between the door and the fender and wondering if it is the alignment or if the angle is actually different between the Japanese fender and usdm door.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
are your doors mounted a bit high? I was noticing the gap between the door and the fender and wondering if it is the alignment or if the angle is actually different between the Japanese fender and usdm door.
The gap is because of the fender pulling, shouldn't be any differences from the Japanese fender to the USDM door.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Best the car has ever looked.

Great progress dude!

Old 07-02-2015, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man!

Old 07-05-2015, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Oil cooler installed!

Old 07-06-2015, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gawa
I'm not 100% sure but it looks like the rear lip will cover where the noblesse diffuser will mount to.
Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour
Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.
No problem!

Old 08-20-2015, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got my T1R front sway bar installed, sat in the garage for a couple years.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome pics as usual Galen! :thumbsup:

Couple questions:

1.) Is that an ARC cooling fin in your wheel well? What exactly does it do? Just direct more air into your braking system? Worth the investment, or just bling?

2.) How does the T1R sway bar feel? Any noticeable difference, or is it just bling as well?

3.) If/when your buddy Aiden installs his type s rear with his Mugen titanium exhaust, can you take some pics of it for me? That's the set up I plan to have (plus a rear modulo lip) after I graduate.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks!

1) It is indeed an ARC cooling fin. It sits behind my oil cooler, a hole was cut in the fender liner for it so it functions... I hope. lol. Could've just used any kind of ventilation grill from Home Depot or something though, the ARC piece is just as flimsy.

2) It understeers a bit more I think so it does do something. I actually put it on hoping it would flatten the car out a bit in turns cause I was rubbing on something but it hasn't really done anything for that issue. Stiffer springs for next year I guess (I don't want to raise the car).

3) I don't know if he bought a bumper yet but yea for sure, if he puts it on I'll take some shots of it. I'm sure he'll take some shots of it too and put it on IG.

Awesome pics as usual Galen! :thumbsup:

Couple questions:

1.) Is that an ARC cooling fin in your wheel well? What exactly does it do? Just direct more air into your braking system? Worth the investment, or just bling?

2.) How does the T1R sway bar feel? Any noticeable difference, or is it just bling as well?

3.) If/when your buddy Aiden installs his type s rear with his Mugen titanium exhaust, can you take some pics of it for me? That's the set up I plan to have (plus a rear modulo lip) after I graduate.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks!

1) It is indeed an ARC cooling fin. It sits behind my oil cooler, a hole was cut in the fender liner for it so it functions... I hope. lol. Could've just used any kind of ventilation grill from Home Depot or something though, the ARC piece is just as flimsy.

2) It understeers a bit more I think so it does do something. I actually put it on hoping it would flatten the car out a bit in turns cause I was rubbing on something but it hasn't really done anything for that issue. Stiffer springs for next year I guess (I don't want to raise the car).

3) I don't know if he bought a bumper yet but yea for sure, if he puts it on I'll take some shots of it. I'm sure he'll take some shots of it too and put it on IG.

1.) Does it matter which way the fins face? Why not face them up into your wheel well? Just curious.

2.) Nice. I think I'll be adding a rear sway bar onto my grocery list then. Any particular reason why you went with T1R? What other brands are available for the GD?

Old 08-20-2015, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure actually, I don't think I'm driving at a level where it would matter anyway.

I have the front sway bar actually... I think Progress makes a rear sway bar for the GD though. I picked up the T1R when it was on sale or something, I'm not sure who else has a front sway bar available. Maybe Blox? It's all the same anyway, made in some southeast asian country, painted a different color.

1.) Does it matter which way the fins face? Why not face them up into your wheel well? Just curious.

2.) Nice. I think I'll be adding a rear sway bar onto my grocery list then. Any particular reason why you went with T1R? What other brands are available for the GD?

Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Great as usual my dude!

That 350z on Type F's with Voltex wing is RAD.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Great as usual my dude!

That 350z on Type F's with Voltex wing is RAD.
Thanks!

It is... turbocharged too.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure actually, I don't think I'm driving at a level where it would matter anyway.

I have the front sway bar actually... I think Progress makes a rear sway bar for the GD though. I picked up the T1R when it was on sale or something, I'm not sure who else has a front sway bar available. Maybe Blox? It's all the same anyway, made in some southeast asian country, painted a different color.
Oh. Why did you get the front sway bar vs replacing the rear one?

I thought that it was more common for GD's to replace the back vs getting one for the front.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Oh. Why did you get the front sway bar vs replacing the rear one?

I thought that it was more common for GD's to replace the back vs getting one for the front.
I followed AJ Racing's GD Fit build when they were running it, and based on their setup, the Fit was oversteering, so they added a front sway bar to make the handling more neutral. They seem to have had a pretty decent track car so I'm trying to emulate their setup a little. I don't know whether it works for my setup or not, but it's already installed and unless it makes the car drastically worse, I don't think I'm gonna pay the mech to remove it lol.
A&J Racing :: Specials :: T1R Front Sway Bar - Honda Fit/Jazz 06-08 (GD3/GD4)

Old 08-21-2015, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Ah, ok. Just wondering, would you ever considering upgrading your rear sway bar as well?

Old 08-24-2015, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Ah, ok. Just wondering, would you ever considering upgrading your rear sway bar as well?
At the moment no, though I've read positive things about adding a rear sway bar.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:18 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I personally would have added the progress rear sway bar before the front. Really helps the back stay planted and lets the car feel like its rotating around you.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member

Last edited by gawa; 06-07-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gawa in 2015 || nothing special this year.