Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Gd3 are speed density tuned (map only).

Old 01-28-2016, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
Here is the start of my nitrous project. I want to run a 50 shot and still tune for N/A since that it what this car will be running most of the time. I just wanted a little more power plus being a universal part I can take it to my next car also. So far I have the bottle mounted in the spare tire well hidden under a wooden cover I made to keep it safe from being knocked by other things in the trunk.

More pictures coming soon!

Attached Thumbnails devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-image_zpsjag3rtuv.jpeg  
Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
This is awesome! Glad to see you moving ahead on this. I can't wait to see what the results of this project will be.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Got the initial placements done last night for where the solenoids, nozzle and fuel line T will be. This kit comes with about 2 ft of rubber fuel line which means all I needed to do was remove the OEM fuel line (2 quick release attachments after releasing fuel pressure) and then replace it with the rubber one. The excess I removed will be the T off point to the solenoid. I left it all as one line for now to make sure there were no leaks using the hose clamps. So far so good!

Tonight I will attach the nitrous gauge to the bottle, figure out where the line will run and then connect everything up (using teflon paste on the NPT connections). Another night I will attempt the wiring and installation of the throttle switch on the gas pedal. Eventually I will run a window switch but I will try out the 35 shot with the pedal switch.

And yes I will have pictures! My brand new iPod Touch got thrown in the toilet by my 3 yr old soon and is officially dead...so no camera at the moment.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
All that's left is the wiring and switches!

Attached Thumbnails devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-image_zps144hdfiw.jpeg  

Last edited by devmail; 01-30-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Close up of the fogger, fuel line T in behind:

Attached Thumbnails devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-image_zpstvdgzkd3.jpeg  
Old 01-30-2016, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member

Nitrous bottle hidden in spare tire well with a wooden cover.

Attached Thumbnails devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-image_zpst9uehwom.jpeg  
Old 01-31-2016, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
I love it! Wooden cover though? Carbon fiber cover perhaps? You know how we are about weight.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, when I go to the track, the cover will be removed. It's function is to keep most of the trunk space without the bottle getting in the way. If I had access to carbon fiber and could work with it, it would be a different story! I need to finish the cover with some type of fabric too so it looks better.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
More pictures, excuse the crappy quality. Everything is wired up and ready to go. Unfortunately the local nitrous supply is non existent til at least April or May.

Solenoids:

Pedal activated switch

Fuel T

Relay which is mounted to the back tab on the battery tray. I had my battery already rotated 90 degrees.

Attached Thumbnails devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-20160211_202204_zpsppuzmrwf.jpg   devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-20160211_201429_zpsshallgae.jpg   devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-20160211_201748_zpshiiyjpzd.jpg   devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose-20160211_202108_zpswd0l4z3r.jpg  
Old 02-20-2016, 11:58 AM
wow this build is exactly what im trying to go for sort of without the nitrous and a different intake set up. Did you notice gains with the header? low end or topend?

Old 02-20-2016, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
wow this build is exactly what im trying to go for sort of without the nitrous and a different intake set up. Did you notice gains with the header? low end or topend?
Well I went from just an axle back and stock everything else exhaust wise to the weapon r header and DC 2.25" catback. Mid ranget had a huge improvement as well as top end. Then after a couple days the stock ecu compensated and all that disappeared. You really need hondata to take advantage of the changes in volumetric efficiency unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Really? It all disappeared? I have never had this happen on any of my vehicles, even my Honda Fit. I never understood this phenomenon because it was never measurable at the track. I don't trust my butt dyno any more.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:16 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
how can you confirm the power is gone? do you have the data to compare the spark map between stock and full exhaust or air fuel ratio numbers to see the adjustments?

I don't think these ecu's are smart enough to fully adjust the spark map any more then 4 degrees unless you are having bad knock, then I have seen 8 degrees pulled.

Just to be clear, Im not knocking what you feel, but Im just curious for my personal records if you have that type of data to show differences in power levels.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well I know those first few times I floored it after the new mods I felt my head being pulled back into the seat, and then....not. maybe I got used to it?

Old 02-20-2016, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by devmail
Well I know those first few times I floored it after the new mods I felt my head being pulled back into the seat, and then....not. maybe I got used to it?
i hope you just got used to it lol. i have an axelback and i was thinking of getting the same header. I hear that the stock bpipe is flowing enough if you have axel back and a good header.

you also have the fidanza flywheel and the pulley set right?

Old 02-20-2016, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
You could actually be right on your observations. I know for my Outback Sport, when it was N/A and I ran a 50hp shot of nitrous on it, it went from running mid 17's to mid 15's. It felt like a blast between the intake/exhaust sound and the shift kit. 15's feels fast in that car. My Fit in comparison feels slow as balls. Power delivery and torque may as well be on the back of a milk carton (missing). However, it I put it up to my Outback Sport on nitrous (when it was N/A), 90% of the time my Fit would put the smack down on it.

Your powerband could be smoother or something. Or it could in fact be slower. Either way, thanks for sharing. I'm gonna take it that it's slower as you described. That's why I don't trust myself on how things feel anymore though. Looking forward to your results either way.

Wish you were closer, I have nitrous bottles I haven't used for sometime now. I'd rather them be empty while storing them and would bring them to you for use.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
To me honestly it felt like such noticeable change to have a full exhaust and then, out of nowhere i didn't feel those changes anymore. Can't prove it but I thought it was well known that our stock ECU compensates and caps the output to about 87-92 whp?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
You could actually be right on your observations. I know for my Outback Sport, when it was N/A and I ran a 50hp shot of nitrous on it, it went from running mid 17's to mid 15's. It felt like a blast between the intake/exhaust sound and the shift kit. 15's feels fast in that car. My Fit in comparison feels slow as balls. Power delivery and torque may as well be on the back of a milk carton (missing). However, it I put it up to my Outback Sport on nitrous (when it was N/A), 90% of the time my Fit would put the smack down on it.

Your powerband could be smoother or something. Or it could in fact be slower. Either way, thanks for sharing. I'm gonna take it that it's slower as you described. That's why I don't trust myself on how things feel anymore though. Looking forward to your results either way.

Wish you were closer, I have nitrous bottles I haven't used for sometime now. I'd rather them be empty while storing them and would bring them to you for use.
It may well be that I just got used to it, wish I had my own dyno to check it out!

I would love to take that nitrous off your hands, lol.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:33 AM
To me honestly it felt like such noticeable change to have a full exhaust and then, out of nowhere i didn't feel those changes anymore. Can't prove it but I thought it was well known that our stock ECU compensates and caps the output to about 87-92 whp?
That can't be because when weapon r made the dyno runs showing the manifold, then did the header, each piece gained power and to the wheels was well over 100whp.

Quick Reply: devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose