Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Eibach pro springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Eibach pro springs

Has anyone had trouble with a noise in the rear of the car when installing the Eibach pro springs. Seems like when the cars weight is shifted from left to right it makes like a metal rubbing noise. Every thing is installed correctly. Just can't make out the noise. Looks as if the left rear spring is rubbing against the metal cup shaped thing that it sits in. Thats the only thing I see thats different from the right rear. Any one have any idea's?

Old 01-08-2007, 05:55 PM
never mind. I just repositioned the left rear spring and that took car of the noise. The springs are great!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
I'm getting the same problem,but I checked both rear springs. The rubber uppers and lowers are set right. What was wrong with yours? The springs were all the way to the stops on the tops. Any ideas?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
ProKit Springs

I noticed the same thing when I put the springs on my car. It'd creak when there was weight shift but I put the springs on and I knew that I can clocked them properly. I was at first upset that they were so loud but within a week or so of driving they settled in and I haven't heard anything at all.

~Alex

Old 04-26-2007, 03:49 PM
i had a bigger problem that the rear springs did not fit at all!!!! call them
and was told that there is a 3mm of play (overspec or underspec) so I asked them to send my a nu set when they did it fit great but like the others here i had the same noise for about two days and no noise for the
last week.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
they have to settle---i had noise for 1 or 2 days----i havent heard anything in 5 months

Old 04-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I spoke with Eibach this morning and the progressive spring rate on the proline is only about 115-135! That is way to soft a spring rate, in my opinion, to lower the fit as much as it does. If we add a passenger or two in the back, the springs would compress over an inch... I was very excited about the proline springs until I found the spring rate.

Also, the spring rate was very hush hush. Eibach doesn't report the spring rate to there retailers, according to the sales reps I've spoken with. Even when I called Eibach, I had to play 20 questions before they would give me the rates.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by avosfit
I spoke with Eibach this morning and the progressive spring rate on the proline is only about 115-135! That is way to soft a spring rate, in my opinion, to lower the fit as much as it does. If we add a passenger or two in the back, the springs would compress over an inch... I was very excited about the proline springs until I found the spring rate.

Also, the spring rate was very hush hush. Eibach doesn't report the spring rate to there retailers, according to the sales reps I've spoken with. Even when I called Eibach, I had to play 20 questions before they would give me the rates.

Just a FYI, Eibach Pro-kit's are a progressive spring so there is no "one number spring rate" like linear springs, progressive springs have different spring rates at different compression states.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I called them too and they wouldn't tell me anything. I figured they were very soft. Progress ones are too but they are also progressive.
But from what I've seen on this board, people like their Eibach springs. I was considering Eibach. I don't know about getting very stiff springs with the stock shocks.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Thumbs up

i have the pro-kit springs (not sportline) and they are not soft!!! very firm but not too harsh. i drive aggressively and they handle well. the drop is great 1.5F/1.0R. no bouncing. would buy again!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
The problem was the lower coil was rubbing against the spring pocket. I used some clear tubing and put it over that coil, problem fixed. I expected better quality from Eibach.