Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!

Just came out.

The Progress Group, Inc. Online Store

Pretty sweet IMO. Ordering today. Need to confirm that there will be no fitment issues with aftermarket exhaust.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I don't see how it works.... we have a solid rear axle. And it looks like it bolts up to the the frame.... kinda like an underneath rear strut tower bar.... (which one won't need)

The Sway bars that I'm used to hook up to the control arm on each side by way of stabilizer links and bushings (which the listing mentions) but where are the links?

Is there an installed picture? The price is good.... but does it help?

It just looks like a screw down added dead weight!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
wonder why they dont have a front bar available.

btw I contacted these guys before concerning coilovers and they said it should be out shortly.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
nice

It looks very nice. I thought i read somewhere that the Fit doesnt need a rear swaybar and that it was overkill and made the car react too much on turns.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
I hate oversteer so maybe this will help.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
I hate oversteer so maybe this will help.

oversteer GOOD.... underteer BAD!!!

never mind to each their own.

BTW, I belive that Ben told that in his set up they took out the rear sway bar (they were testing) because there was too much oversteer. At least thats what I understood.

Please somebody correct me!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
I don't see how it works.... we have a solid rear axle. And it looks like it bolts up to the the frame.... kinda like an underneath rear strut tower bar.... (which one won't need)

The Sway bars that I'm used to hook up to the control arm on each side by way of stabilizer links and bushings (which the listing mentions) but where are the links?

Is there an installed picture? The price is good.... but does it help?

It just looks like a screw down added dead weight!
Solid axles benefit from sway bars just the same as IRS. They just connect differently...princples of preventing body roll are the same.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:37 PM
It would be more effective if mounted to a Fit with the c-pillar to tower crossbar or a rollcage. I could see Ben's fit oversteering with the sway bar because there is too much structural flex happening above the chassis to kind of counteract the extra ridgid subframe with the rear axle and swaybar causing too much oversteer.

The forward momentum of the upper half of the hatch continues to move when the lower frame has improved tracking. Without any reinforcement to the upper half connecting to the lower frame of the car, the top back of the car is more or less disconnected to the lower rear causing the abrupt oversteer.

I am not sure what ben has for bracing in the rear, but this is just speculation and I would think it would only benifit with rollcage type reinforcement. Swaybars Rock!

Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
i always get the 2 confused. What i meant to say was that i hate understeer which is the way the fit comes stock as do most cars. I think that the rear sway will hopefully eliminate it and get me more towards oversteer. I am not planning on tracking the car so i don't think what ben said applies to me in particular.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
It isn't difficult to understand what exactly sway bar does.
I think this article can help to clarify any doubt

AutoSpeed - Sway Bar Shenanigans

I didn't understand if progress rear sway bar is in addition (as shown in picture) to oem bar or is a replacement of it (as they write generically......)

Old 02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alf74
It isn't difficult to understand what exactly sway bar does.
I think this article can help to clarify any doubt

AutoSpeed - Sway Bar Shenanigans

I didn't understand if progress rear sway bar is in addition (as shown in picture) to oem bar or is a replacement of it (as they write generically......)

We don't have an OEM rear sway bar.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned
Just came out.

The Progress Group, Inc. Online Store

Pretty sweet IMO. Ordering today. Need to confirm that there will be no fitment issues with aftermarket exhaust.

Leonine-
PLEASE post your impressions of this bar after installation. I can certainly wait for drive test info. until you have reasonable weather and dry pavement. I have been waiting for the availability of a traditional anti-sway bar and looking all over the Internet.
Thanks.
Dave

Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
no problem. Haven't ordered yet because i found out they are still doing a final test fit before they release. The guy i spoke with said he would send me some pics of it installed ON the car because i stated concerns about placement with an aftermarket exhaust.

I will hopefully get it in the next few weeks and post my initial impressions.

Peace.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned
no problem. Haven't ordered yet because i found out they are still doing a final test fit before they release. The guy i spoke with said he would send me some pics of it installed ON the car because i stated concerns about placement with an aftermarket exhaust.

I will hopefully get it in the next few weeks and post my initial impressions.

Peace.
Great! Sounds like a careful manufacturer, unlike some that have been the subject of some of my posts. Thank you.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
We don't have an OEM rear sway bar.
My Jazz has it. Look under and inside your rear axle or check workshop manual. I'm sure also Fit has a rear sway bar.
Anyway progress rear sway bar is in addition to it......

Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
A friend of mine is a Progress dealer. I might be able to get a group buy going if there's enough interest.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by claymore
No fit/Jazz comes with a REAR swaybar from the factory you must be looking at something else.
I just received my Helm Fit Service Manual. As Claymore and others have said, there is no rear anti-sway/stabilizer bar, only bar is in the front. Front stabilizer bars seem to be standard on almost every car produced in the last couple of decades, rear factory stabilizers are more rare.

In my experience, adding an after-market rear bar has always been very beneficial, and I've done it with six vehicles- sedans, trucks and SUVs. But, I have not driven every kind of vehicle. It is possible that some may not behave correctly with an add-on rear bar, and that may include the Fit though I doubt it. I accept the implied risk in buying and installing a rear stabilizer on my Fit, but will wait for further info. from Leonine before buying anything.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
A friend of mine is a Progress dealer. I might be able to get a group buy going if there's enough interest.
There is interest here for sure! Thanks--

Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
looks interesting...gonna mention this to my co-driver for autox

Old 02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
No fit/Jazz comes with a REAR swaybar from the factory you must be looking at something else.
I'd say no Fit comes with a rear swaybar..... at this point
Send me your email and I'll send you photos of my rear sway bar. You have to look "inside" the rear axle....

Quick Reply: Progress Auto Rear Anti-Sway bar! WITH DIY PHOTOS PAGE 5!