Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

STRUT BARS, rear, front, upper lower questions and answers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
STRUT BARS, rear, front, upper lower questions and answers

Will a rear tie bar really make a difference if the Jazz has a H-shaped Torsion beam?

Last edited by ken1279; 09-08-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Do you mean sway bars (antisway bars) or strut bars?

Haven't been able to find anyone in the world who does sway bars for the Jazz/Fit. Spoke with whiteline here in Australia who are willing to do the development work given a donor car.

Heaps of companies do upper and lower strut bars front and rear, C pillar bars and even bars that go behind the rear bumper. All meant to tighten the chassis at the different points and improve handling.

Personally I'd just prefer a good set of sway bars. Simplier, cheaper and really work.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by ken1279
Will a rear tie bar really make a difference if the Jazz has a H-shaped Torsion beam?
so far all the response from installing the rear tie rod are positive... plus they dun cost that much... indirectly, yes they r worth

Old 10-09-2005, 02:55 AM
I've got a front and rear strut tie bar. The front makes the biggest difference but the back still helps. I wouldn't do the rear without the front 1st.

Trying to get some cheap lower tie bars to match to see what difference they make.

I find the C Pillar bar too intrusive so won't be doing it in a hurry.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Picture of rear tie bar. Only catch is putting a rubber spacer or foam between the bar and the top of struts otherwise the noise will drive you insane.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:16 AM
thats not rear tie bar... thats the boot bar... rear tie bar or tie rod is fitted at the rear under the car just before the rear wheels.....

Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by jazzpro
thats not rear tie bar... thats the boot bar... rear tie bar or tie rod is fitted at the rear under the car just before the rear wheels.....
So your talking about a lower rear tie bar rather than upper. Both are still tie bars.

Do you mean the lower strut bar or the other lower tie bars which goes on each side of the rear chassis rather than across?

In fact you can also call the C Pillar bar a tie bar and the bar that fits behind the rear bumper.

Why don't you post some pictures???

Old 10-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by vividjazz
So your talking about a lower rear tie bar rather than upper. Both are still tie bars.

Do you mean the lower strut bar or the other lower tie bars which goes on each side of the rear chassis rather than across?

In fact you can also call the C Pillar bar a tie bar and the bar that fits behind the rear bumper.

Why don't you post some pictures???
thats easy... all are tie bars then......... hahahaha....

Old 10-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Picture of a C Pillar bar for the Jazz. This is the J's Racing version.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:17 AM
This is a set of XForce bars for the Jazz - 2 upper and 2 lower and one for behind the rear bumper.

Last edited by vividjazz; 10-10-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Picture of bar behind the bumper installed

Old 10-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Tie rods

Old 10-10-2005, 07:44 AM
A tie rod installed

Old 10-18-2005, 06:27 AM
hi...just wanna ask what rubber did you use for the tower bar ??? can u post pics on how did u install it thnx

Old 10-27-2005, 07:02 AM
The Xforce kit wouldnt be so bad if they could just get the welds right. It looks like shit.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by strepto
The Xforce kit wouldnt be so bad if they could just get the welds right. It looks like shit.
Yeah not the best looking welds but a fraction of the cost of everything else. F & R top struts were only A$100 (thats for both together not each). They work well, are very light and the blue matches the Honda Vivid Blue almost perfectly.

I don't spend that much time under the bonnet and in the boot looking at them but I spend plenty of time driving and feeling the big improvement they make. Got to be one of the best bang for buck performance upgrades. I don't have A$2,000+ to blow on Tein SS coilovers which I'm sure are real nice but would represent an investment of over 8% of the new car price as opposed to a 0.04% expenditure (or just 2 tanks of fuel).

Old 10-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by hotsauce
hi...just wanna ask what rubber did you use for the tower bar ??? can u post pics on how did u install it thnx
You could use Nolthane like in aftermarket bushes but I just used some rubber orings made out the same stuff as typical rubber suspension boots and a couple of bits of foam with addesive on one side.

Installation
1) Take the plastic cover caps off each side.
2) Undo the nut on each side
3) put on rubber and/or foam on
4) put the bar on
5) screw the nut on each side back down (don't over tighten)

Sorry, didn't take any pictures as I did it but if your not confident doing it any mechanic can do it for you in about 10 mins.

Old 11-25-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by vividjazz
You could use Nolthane like in aftermarket bushes but I just used some rubber orings made out the same stuff as typical rubber suspension boots and a couple of bits of foam with addesive on one side.

Installation
1) Take the plastic cover caps off each side.
2) Undo the nut on each side
3) put on rubber and/or foam on
4) put the bar on
5) screw the nut on each side back down (don't over tighten)

Sorry, didn't take any pictures as I did it but if your not confident doing it any mechanic can do it for you in about 10 mins.
just installed ALEX japan rear tower bar...but im having problem with the sound...i already put a rubber orings underneath the bar but still i has a sound...HELP me out how can i eliminate the noise thnx

Old 11-25-2005, 06:06 AM
All I can suggest is more foam/rubber. If metal isn't hitting metal it can't make noise unless too loose or tight.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:18 AM
i dont hear any metal 2 metal contact but i hear hissing sound coming from the bar...How tight it should be??? HELP!!!!!!

Quick Reply: STRUT BARS, rear, front, upper lower questions and answers